MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1089

Hi, how are you handling the orders, if the OrderSend- or the OrderClose-Function returns -1? I want my ea to open and close the order at a specific minute, and often the broker doesn't execute the orders in this minute. Now I want my EA to try the OrderSend- or OrderClose-Function 4 times after the...
Before I proceed I would like to suggest the following links to interesting threads in my opinion Anyone who enters here don't think that if no one responds except me then it sucks, maybe some very intimate topics are touched upon...... https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/103112
[Deleted]
Hello what is the variable value for the profit?
  Account History  (1)
Where is Account History reside? Is it on my PC or on the broker's server?
I have just scimmed hundreds of indicators in the codebase without result. I need to identify candles closing in the extreme 20% of the candle's range (high-low). Example: CandleHigh = 1.3400 CandleLow = 1.3300 - The indy should mark the candle if close is > 1.3380 OR if close is <1.3320 I'm sure...
  Swaps  (6)
I am trading with IBFX and obviously do not understand swaps properly. I thought that a swap could be negative or positive and was basically interest on the trades of currency pair that has been held overnight. However, I get negative swap values if I trade either long or short regardless of whether...
[Deleted]
Just wanted to know if there is a way to download the MQL4 Reference file from the Documentation section? Thanks dptrade (newbie)
In MT4 irritating text labels appear when pointing the cursor on candles, MA-ribbons, pivots etc. How can I turn this of off?
Is there any way that I could arrange to be asked for manual confirmation when my EA wants to enter trades but not when it wants to close them?
[Deleted]
I am becoming puzzled as to why this EA doesn't make any trades in the backtesting. This only trades the EURJPY on the 1 min. chart .(Correction on my earlier statement of the EURUSD). The actual symbols have been put in now to replace symbol1, symbol2 etc. Just doesn't want to make any trades?...
hi guest i'm new here, i made script Open Position at 00:00 and close at 23:59, but it did not work could you help me please . . .
Hy Everybody, i am setting a global variable in an Indicator and getting it in a Expert Advisor and then set it back immediately. However, it seems that the variable takes up to 20 tick cycles to be setted although i get the timestamp returned from the GlobalVariableSet() function! How comes? Is...
[Deleted]
HI what do I do wrong here? FTP test with firefox and FtpClient goes. But in metatrader 4, I always get errors. has placed the order to the root / f has right and 777 what am I doing wrong?
Hello Everybody, i've added VLINES with my Indicator ... i wanna caption them so you can see where it referes to. i've added Text vertically nearby the lines (see pic) ... however, the text captions move when shown price range changes. What would be the best way to caption the lines so that the...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am looking for a way to define a list of Symbols which will be opened once I launch the MetaTrader. I ask it since I need to open quite a lot of window's symbols that are changing every few days and doing it via the UI is a nightmare... perhaps, - There is a file that ia can edit manually and...
I'm sure this has been answered before but I've searched and can not find the answer. How is a buffer value addressed/accessed through iCustom? say if I want to get information out of buffer 0 or buffer 1 of an indicator.
  Work in Progress  (11   1 2)
Hi Guys I have an EA i have been building over a few months but i have come to a halt on a part of it so I am looking for some help please if you go to the function marked check signal you will see i am using the int iRetVal to give me signals however it no longer give me anything but a 0 if you...
[Deleted]
This is my first attempt to program or code using more than one currency pair. The currency being traded is Only the EURUSD on the one min. timeframe. Some of the required criteria hasn't been put in the code yet. For right now, I would just like to see it make trades on the backtest or visual...
  What to do with the grail?  (439   1 2 3 4 5 ... 43 44)
I found it, but now I don't know what to do with it. )
[Deleted]
As the title suggests when I right click on a chart and select Indicator List my charts freeze up and I have to do a cntl / alt / del to shut the program down help
i am a total newbie to creating expert advisor.i know this will benefit us all on this forum.i have an indicator that i have been using for sometimes now and its very profitable hence the need to automate it.it is called trade assistant.please help automate this.trading conditionsTO BUY-when all...
Hello, Planning on using multiple orders: extern string TP="18,46,72"; How do I separate this into int variables? Hoping to have room for unlimited int variables so how can I find the number of orders and the individual int values? THX
Hello, How could I get the last value of Time[0] for the iBand for a determined timeframe ( for example 1 minute ) and use it as a constant during 1 minute, til there is a new one. Example: 10:00:03 UpperiBand is 1.4320 this value is used as a constant ! 10:00:04 UpperiBand is 1...
Hi, Before placing an order, I am trying to check whether any Buy/Sell order is already executed during the current M15 bar. In real-time it looks like working. but while back-testing it executes more than one order in the same candle. Can some please tell me Why? and how to rectify?    ......
Hi, Got an error for MarketInfo. The EA error "unknown mode 0 for MarketInfo" for the trade entry for the codes below: double MarketSpread = MarketInfo(CurrencyPair, MODE_SPREAD)*Point; double AskPrice = MarketInfo(CurrencyPair, MODE_ASK); double BidPrice = MarketInfo(CurrencyPair, MODE_BID); where...
[Deleted]
I wrote an EA to automate the process of typing SL and TP (code below), however the code works only on buy side. Can some experts tell me what went wrong? The problem seems simple yet as a newbie I can't tell. T.T //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Hi, I'm looking for MT4 4.00 release 399 or 402, anyone could share it? This is for backtesting purposes. Thanks
[Deleted]
I am looking to build an EA. but unfortunately i don't have any knowledge of MQL language. i request to all senior/expert members of this forum, that please make it for me if possible. here is the criteria:- if price hit a buy target on chart, then the EA will automatically place a buy/sell order at...
Hey guys How do you had to a datetime value. One thread said that it is held in seconds.. so to add 3 hours you would datetimevalue + (3*60*60) which would give you a datetime 3 hours ahead but that didn't work I basically want to use OrderSelect() & OrderOpenTime() and check if my pending...