MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1087

[Deleted]
Hi I'm new to the MQL4 and I would like to know how can I add a trade position or do some calculations at a new candle opening ? Thanks for any help
  ZigZag breakout  (16   1 2)
Hi all, I'm quitte new in MQL4. But i'm looking for a simple ZigZag breakout EA. Entry long when the previous zigzag peak is broken out and the previous low must be higher than the low before the previous low, and simultaneouly a CCI value of over 100 is reveived. Entry short when the previous...
[Deleted]
  thinking mistake  (2)
Good day, double highestP = High[ iHighest ( NULL , 0 ,MODE_HIGH, 48 , 1 )]; int x = iHighest ( NULL , 0 ,MODE_HIGH, 48 , 1 ); double xrespMAh = iMA ( NULL , 0 , 20 , 0 , 0 , 2 ,x); bool highcheck; if (highestP > xrespMAh) highcheck = True; else highcheck = False; I have thinking mistake: I
  Stochastic Oscillator value  (16   1 2)
Hi I plotted the Stochastic Oscillator from the Indicators folder shipped with MetaTrader version 4 build 210 and wantedto use its values in a my code. so I found double iStochastic(string symbol, int timeframe, int %Kperiod, int %Dperiod, intslowing, int method, int price_field, int mode, int...
  doshurBot  (10)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| doshur Bot.mq4 | //| doshur | //| www.doshur.com...
Good afternoon! Subj: http://etd.ohiolink.edu/send-pdf.cgi/Lakshminarayanan%20Sriram.pdf?ohiou1127333497&dl=y In this article, the researcher achieved a daily closing price prediction accuracy of around 94% for exchange-traded instruments. His test sample size was: 158 days. He built a predictive
Hello every body I need an indicator that show me the charts of M30,H1,H4 under the chart when I use Strategy tester in MT4. For example,I am on M5 time in strategy tester,I can see only the M5 chart,but I like to see the M15,M30 and ... chart too in live time of strategy tester,I also want to see...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am runng windows Vista x64, 80% of times when I copy some text ( pressing ctrl+c ) in MetaEditor it crashes, I believe this should be a problem with MetaEditor as my windows is very fresh with no problems, I tried to copy the text of Problem signature, but it was not working, so I post screen...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a novice MQ4 programmer. I am looking for someone to hire to help me with completing my EA (the hard parts) and to educate me on the associated code. I would expect the programmer to place enough comments in the EA to explain the code intent and then time for us to discuss. I don't...
Hi, I am a newbie in MQL4 programming, I am having a problem applying my crossing MA Expert Advisor in my live trade? I made the program, successfully compile it, backtest it, quite happy with the result, ready to test it in the real live trading..... only to find this illogical problem... which is...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to write a program using the CCI index. I've noticed the chart value of CCI, and the value which the program obtain are different! When you write Comment("CCI: "+CCI); The value shown at the top-left of the chart is different from the value of the visual index. How is that possible?
I trie to create a time lock with this code but it doesn´t work all the time. Less trades are created, but when looking at the result I can se that there are two losses occuring within a smaller timeframe than the coded time lock should accept. Code explanation: If orderprofit is less than 0 I...
i am new to expert advisor. may i know how to set an exit if the current CCI value lower/higher than the previous value? if(iCCI(NULL,0,7,PRICE_TYPICAL,0)>iCCI(NULL,0,7,PRICE_TYPICAL,2)) ?? I really need help here!~
[Deleted]
I have a problem with assignments. In my code I have higher = (high - close)*0.33; the right side of the = operator has a value of 7.2 and the left has 0.99 after it is supposed to be initialized by the right side. higher,high, and close are declared as doubles and the high and close are assigned as...
This thread is a technical continuation of the "NFA ban on locking from 15 May 2009" thread. In particular, starting with this post: 'NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009' solandr 26.04.2009 12:06 2. If you have an American brokerage account you will divide it into 2 separate accounts of equal size. On
can anyone find a problem with the following code? four = (four*2) + 30; Is this bad coding? Because it is not doing what i want it to do. // ------------------------------------------ MORE DETAIL: - See the code below. // so every time "q" goes up in value by one, then the value of...
Hi Guys, I'm working on the current bar(j=0)..I know that Time[0] and Open[0] remain the same while the current bar is developing. I'm unable to get the next bid price which comes on the next tick on this current bar.. I like to be able to get the next current price(bid) which comes with the next...
[Deleted]
Hello. My name is Luke and i'm a beginer in forex and in programming. I wrote a very simple EA: int start(){if(   Close[1]>iBands(NULL,0,10,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,1)&&   Open[1]>iBands(NULL,0,10,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,1)&&   Low[1]<iBands(NULL,0,10,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,1)&&...
I want to draw a line to see what value my trailingstop has... Thats my code but there is only one dot when the EA is running, how can I program it that it creates many dots to make some kind of a line out of it... ObjectCreate("TR",OBJ_ARROW,0,TimeCurrent(),TRStop); ObjectSet("TR"...
[Deleted]
My platform flashes the "Not Responding" at the top left of the platform. This goes on and off all the time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, used different brokers, installed in different files. The charts sometimes flash on and off, when I am trying to configure an Ea that I have open it...
I want to adjust some indicator parameter on the fly using template because structure doesn't change just the parameter values. So is it possible to load (and reload/refresh) a template programmatically
Hey, is it possible to create lines (not the straight ones) with an EA (not an indicator)? I didn't find any useful parameters when using the ObjectCreate()... I though it may be possible to draw just one dot everytime the EA is runned but you can't do that either with ObjectCreate. I want to use...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to find ways to localize an EA based on the current language selected by the user for the MetaTrader GUI. Browsing through the MQL4 documentation I found no API that can help figuring out what is the current UI language. Also I could not locate actually where MetaTrader stores that...
Hi, I have written an ea which has the following code-lines in his start function:   if(IsTradeAllowed()==false)       {         Alert("You have to activate your ea first or there is a disconnection between the server connection!");         return;      } Now it is sometimes the problem, that I get...
THE METATRADER 4 SMI GAP MARKET STRATEGY: --PLACE ORDERS OF BUY AND/OR SELL(depending on market mood) FOR A HIGHER AMOUNT,SAY,O.O5% OF TOTAL CAPITAL(IN A MARGIN ACCOUNT OF 500:1),NEAR THE PRICE OF THE LAST MINUTE CANDLESTICK OF THE DAY,THAT IS,AT 18.24 METATRADER TIME --USE TIGHT STOP LOSS,SAY 5...
[Deleted]
I've been setting OBJPROP_BACK to false to get the object to appear on top of candles (so that they can be seen). However, in build 409 this no longer seems to be working. Anybody have any ideas? Paul
I am placing text in a label but as soon as the text length expands, instead of the text moving to the right, it moves off to the left like it is right justified or something. Any ideas? ObjectCreate ( "alerttext" , OBJ_LABEL , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ) ; ObjectSet ( "alerttext" , OBJPROP_CORNER
  Basic Exel  (2)
Hey, does anyone know if its possible to export and import data from MetaTrader to exel? I was was thinking about an EA that may give some data to exel while running and let exel do some calculations and import the results than back to the EA... I have no idea what exacly to do with this ability
[Deleted]
I would like to use the tick by tick data of a forex pair outside MT4. Does the MT4 platform allow a data stream to be used by a third party software program? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I'm a new boy at this Forex and Meta Trader 4. Could someone please explain 2 things for me. 1/ Under the 'Trade Tab' at the bottom we have our 'Order' and on that order is the 'Size'. What exactly does that mean? Is 1 for example, equal to $1, $10, $100 (or 1 unit of whatever currency...