General - page 1929

Hello, I want to call the shift value for the bar when the order was opened. So if I opened a new order 10 minutes ago, I want to be able to call shift value (10) for 1 minute bars. This is the code I was using, but it does not work........ OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS);...
I used Zero Code to create an expert. There is a piece of code that verifies margin of 1000. If it is less than 1000 then trading stops. I have tryed to chage this to 100 but it does not work. When I try to back test with 1000 as my account size it stops making trades if the account goes...
1) When I have a custom indicator attached to a chart and changed inputs (not using the defaults) and compile the custom indicator the values on the chart switch back to the defaults. 2) Same situation as above. But when compiling the indicator all layouts for the graphs switch to lines with width...
MT4 Strategy tester, "Control Points" option doubles the time, producing many irregular trades. Producing impossible results according to the world time. EURO/USD back test with control points option. Impossible cases (doubles) produces like this two...
Is there a limit of idicators per chart? I cant seem t put more than 6 indicators, the rest dont show up till i delete another indicator. Thanks Frank
From history- Slawa said: "spread is constant and cannot be changed during backtesting". What about this , when when broker quotes 10 pips spread and suddenly spread is changed to 5 pips. How can i accurately backtest for now, without changing spread from symbol properties. Is it soo hard to...
Hello, When a new 1-min OHLC candlestick opens for the first time (ie when seconds=0), we should see the open and close at the mid-points of the 2 pip spread, and the high and low being the ask and bid respectively. In other words, the new 1-min candlestick should have wicks on the ends (being a...
Hello, Although indicators have access to multiple periods of data, I need to access bars with different periods. Is this possible with MQL 4? Close[i-1] -> GetClose(PERIOD_H1, i-1) Close[i-1] -> GetClose(PERIOD_M30, i-1) Thanks
  can MQL do this?  (6)
I have a thought: in history, in 30min chart, I draw an "Arrow_up" sign in the chart, standing for buy, and then draw a "stop sign", standing for close the order..... I want to build a indictator or something with MQL which automatically "reads" the prices of the 2 sign and calculates the difference...
Is it possible to remove Cancelled Orders from the Account History so that only actual trades are left. If not any chance of this feature being added in next build..? Thanks.........
Downloads Section is now fully functional. FxFisherman files, MetaTrader experts and indicators are organized in section for convenient access. You are encouraged to submit interesting files, profitable expert advisors, or updates. After moderated, they will be live in downloads section. Bear in...
hi can i use extern var in scripts??? i can't use the function Symbol() in script to execute buy or sell order , what's wrong???? thanks
Hi all does anybody know how to set the description property to line objects that are created programmatically? I wrote the following code, but couldn't find how to set the 'description property' (the description that is shown upside the line when drawn in charts) ObjectCreate("line1",...
hi, i have problem with ArrMql4 MQl3: Array: Table_value2[500,2](0); MQL4 : ? regards Alex
Can somebody help me how to draw candles with special parameters. Supose one attach Heiken Ashi on 15M chart but get data and draw bars from example 4 bars back as follows: Open[4],High[Highest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,4,4)], Low[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,4,4)],Close[1].How to program this? Please help...
I have a custom indicator (macd) but i want to use the extern int function.. Is it posible to use it like this extern int TimeFrame=1440; what i want is to monitor that timeframe on any timeframe on for example 60 min Jannik
Hello everyone, Well today I just finished my $5k fund. I'm about to open a live forex account Now heres where I need your help/advice on this, everybody, I have the CCI system running, backtested manually with a new way to use it and I am LOVING it, the biggest drawdown I've received is 7 pips.....
I want to check my method with history charts. So I shut off "scroll", make it show 30min charts, and go back to some point in history......But then, when I press the keyboard Right_Arrow button , the chart scrolls 4 or 5 bars. What can I do
It's been long time that this website contains only discussion forum. To help cheering up our late first anniversary, I'm very proud to announce our new website design that comes with some extras, integrated flash chat and latest news for example. Check it out guys and gals
how can i round numbers to 2 or 4 digits after the dot???????/ like 109.3456 to 109.35 or 1.234578 to 1.2346 thanks
Hey, Is it possible to call from MetaTrader EA to external dll library written in .NET (C#)? Is there any example for passing arrays and other parameters to that external DLL? What about passing arrays by reference to C# dll? Thanks Ruby
Hey you all, 5 files. Put them in the experts directory Compile A.mq4 Compile B.mq4 Compile EA.mq4 Put EA.mq4 on a chart Watch the "Experts" Tab Search these 2 lines in the "Experts" tab: ScenarioA: 1 ScenarioB: 0 !!!!!! Error in scenario B: Lib B has a variable named b When the EA Calls Lib B...
First the suggesion. One of the key combinations I'm using often in MS VisualStudio is Ctrl+F3. It takes the marked text as the basis for a search without opening a dialog. Would be nice to have that. The two mini-problems ar related: First, sometimes when I type text, the dropdown list with
I'm trying to change the symbol properties to make the spread from the default 4 pips using MT4 latest build. How to do it?
How can I force the expert to recalculate everything when a new tick comes? This was an option in metatrader 3, "Update on every tick := Yes" Thanks Cengiz
I wrote an indicator which changes when 'refresh' on chart is called, is it possible to automate the refresh function within MQL4 code?
i have some propertys in expert what dose that mean #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 6 #property indicator_color1 DarkViolet #property indicator_color2 Blue because i can't find it in the help
Hi all, I tried the function successfully for indicators but it always returns 0 for experts. Anybody has some idea? Regards, PQDzung
Hey, I'm a little stuck here while making a modification in broker interface. Now I need to write a function that correctly recalculate the OHLC prices of candles in metatrader platform. Metatrader 3 chart combines both Bid and Ask price in the same candle (High of candle is the highest ask...