General - page 1923

Very GREAT Forum !!! :cool: but little Smile icons more Smile icons possible ? and Avatars not possible ! ?? --
Hi there, I am atttempting to code the Double Stochastic Indicator for MT4...the indicator when shown looks fine, just like it should. Only trouble is, when I add the indicator to a new chart, the indicator window is blank...when I go tot the MetaEditor and compile the indicator twice, the...
Metaquotes, How does it feel to know that brokers, your customers, are recommending that their clients not even use the new version 4 platofrm b/c there are so many problems and instead use version 3??
RiskSim 0.1 - Trading simulator http://fxtools.tvvliet.com/
If you want to start to study the mql4 programming so this thread is for you. First, go here http://www.metaquotes.net/experts/mql4
VT platform, 1:400, on-line only, demo accounts without expiration date, indicators etc). Download here: http://vtsoftware.fxserver.com/VTtrader/VisualTradingSetup.exe Open real account here: https://ema.fxserver.com/contract/refer.do?referrer=422&offer=ZR-1496501860&contractType=Individual
[Deleted]
Can someone help me to create a crude alert for the Strato's system? Here are the specs 1) create an alarm sound whenever ema12 and ema89 on 5 minutes chart is 10 pips within each other (does not have to cross since emas can bounce off each other). The juice indicator must be med to high for the...
This is the second time that the data feed has been interrupted in a row. I just wish Metaquote could send out an email indicating the time server maintanace is due so that we can stop our trading/strategy testing activity. Any estimate on when the feed will be restored?
The author who posted this EA to the yahoo group stated the following: 1) you can discern Direction by PERIOD_D1 instead of PERIOD_W1, but with larger parameters. See comments in code, and choose it the way you want. I'm not sure it makes a huge diff in the long run. 2) Moving open buy/sell stops...
I have an expert short EUR on H1 and an expert which tries to enter Short on CHF M15 and other 6 charts open with no experts attached. The m15 expert prints the following using my comments in the code : "received short signal" "Denied trading" using the following block:...
hi how can i see all the alerts that apper in the new alert window , are the seved in special file ? i know that they are saved in the regular log file , but it's hard to sort the coz there are alot of aditinal data there. thanks
Murrey Math Modified comment indicators.
To eliminate the consequences of changes in the server testing configurations (which resulted in errors occurring in the orders database of the demo server), the server state was rolled back to the morning of the preceding day (October, 13 2005).
How to let an EA send 2 orders to Eur and chf? for example When 30ma crosses 50ma in chf chart, the ea send 2 orders one for chf another for eur. How to do it? thanks
  Demo server down  (1)
The demo server has been down for over 3 hours. When will the data feed be restored? Thanks
  missing comments  (1)
Hi, since the update to Build 183 i can't see any comments for pending orders set by an expert in the terminal. Working orders shows a comment, and when a pending order is triggered the comment is also visible. Any solution? Daniel
I am looking for the tester to test MT4 EAs. Do we have alternative of MT4 backtester? Yes I know that good alternative is live (demo) testing. Do we really need to test everything during the very long time? Anyway I is testing on the historical data. It is not future. :confused: May be there is...
  Digital filters  (3)
FTLM, STLM and RBCI with default settings.
Hello to All, I have the same problem on InterbankFx/Metaquotes and the StrategyBuilderFX versions of Metatrader. They are both Version 4.0 Build 183 I am testing on 15 min interval and have enough 1 min data to cover the date ranges I am using. This is what is happening; I recalculate on a range...
  MetaTrader 4 Build 183  (12   1 2)
MetaTrader 4 Build 183 New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 183 compatible with operational system of Windows 98 SE has been released. Updated are all installation files of client terminals of brokerage companies. All terminal users working in Windows 98 SE are recommended to reinstall...
  ASC ++ Trading System  (12   1 2)
Interesting system translated from MT3.
Where to find Ultimate Oscillator for Metatrader 4? I have heard that UO is a very good oscillator to see divergences.
Why do the different brokers´s backtest produce diferent results? If I stand on the daily timeframe, and use the "tick" Model, does the software "look" at H4, H1, 30M,..etc down to the M1? does it use fractal interpolation at the M1 level or the D1 level? Im a littel confused, my EA uses a...
  HDD Free Space  (3)
I have a problem with free space on my hard drive. I freed 1 GB one day ago and now I again have no free space. It seems that when I am doing strategy testing Metatrader consumes this space. The prolem is that I cannot get back this space even after I close Metatrader. This is on ma first computer...
  Error 128  (2)
I have the following problem: I wrote an expert that should open and closes orders based on some conditions. I run several instances of this expert (on different charts). After a couple of hours first I am getting error 128 (trade timeout) and after that a bunch of error 146 (trade context...
  Serious Bug in demo trading  (20   1 2)
I have been having problems with the following, if i manually close a position of a EA, which has SL and PT, the EA stops working
Hi all, I am trying to add some Gann studies to a chart, but I want to make sure that the chart is correctly scaled. How can I make sure that the x and y axis are set to 1:1? Thanks! Erik
  Volume trader  (6)
Hello, Yes it is the frametime which I chose to test in first . I also put in comparison the version of origin : .mql with 4 majors paires.
If I use the "grid trading" technique and open sell or buy postions in EURUSD and USDJPY and pending limit sell or buy with TP every 5,6,..30 pips (variable). Can somebody help me to make a script that automatically closes the positions and pending orders, when the pips difference is 5,6..30...