General - page 1934

No MT4 data??  (5)
My MT4 doesn't have any new quotes or data yet, and it's 2300 on Aug. 22. I should've been getting data for the last 6 hours. My older MT version that runs with InterbankFX does have data, though. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks, John
Hi, since nobody can tell me how can insert a screenshot I have to describe again ... how can it be that I see a GBPJPY price of 198.85 on my chart and the price in the terminal window shows 198.93 ? No need to mention that my S/L at 198.95 was taken out when the price showed 198.87 in the chart.....
  convert help  (1)
any here there could convert this one :-) /*[[ Name := 2Extreme4U - Grid Builder Author := 2Extreme4U Link := http://www.omniscienttrader.com Separate Window := No First Color := LightCyan First Draw Type := Symbol First Symbol := 233 ]]*/ Input: GridSpace(50); var:I(0); var...
Has anyone tried to program the MESA Adaptive Moving Average indicator into MQL4? From the white-paper it looks extremely complicated and I don't want to start from scratch if I don't have to
Hello! How to change the spread for backtesting in property symbol ? For GBPUSD is 4 and my broker is 3pip For EURUSD is 0 ??? and my broker is 2pip [img] http://www.mataf.net/forum/upload/img/upload/symbol%20properties.jpg [/img] And it is possible to change the stop level also ? sorry my...
  Executeable only  (4)
how can i get a ".EX4" FILE to work without the mql4 file accompanying it.
This 'Major Flaw' was documented this morning. The flaw created a 18 fold overstatement of the real trade. The real trade captured 33 pips, the backtester overstated it to 620+ pips. Is this cause for serious concern? I should think so. I have sent this documentation to my brokerage firm...
  iMACD  (5)
if I want the signal to be the EMA instead of the SMA for the signal, how can it be done with the iMACD function?
This coding was to eliminate only pending buy and sell stop orders. It unfortunately is deleting both the pending buy and sell stop orders, but also the orders that are active and in play. How can I change this to only eliminate the pending and not the active buy and sell stops that are in play?...
The initialization after compile will not initialize the line width in the SetIndexStile(); Otherwise, if initialized on open from the "Indicator List" or from "Properties List" (if a vlue is changed) it works a OK. -Stan
  To Meta Quotes  (5)
It would be helpful if you would display BAR number when mouse over main or indicator window in addition to current info. It is useful in debugging during a development of the EA -Stan
I have just been trying for the last 3 or 4 days to get the expert file to work on MetaTrade 3.8 I am using the ZeroCode Beta1 and it seems to be creating the file correctly, but when I attach it to a chart and turn on live trading, it does not activate. The Expert Icon in the upper right corner...
MT Speak Agent http://211.147.227.253/aiih/
Does anyone have a code for bollinger bands with ema middle line instead of sma? I need it for mt3.
I have noticed that custom indicators and even sample in the MQL4 manual suggests that the bars should be executed from" i=0 to i<Bars" which is WRONG! Since bar 0 is most recent bar starting from 0 to maximum bar is like playing tape recorder backwards and it will cause serious problems in...
  spread included  (8)
sorry my english is bad Hello, While verifying several software I have to notice that meta included the spread in are historic, but that influences all the indicators and the backtests. Would it be possible that it will be otherwise? and that an option be available to deduct the spread in...
I've noticed that when backtesting EA's using cutom indicators, peformance is very slow. One thing I've have been able to do in a few circumstances is include the indicator logic in the EA and, of course, tailor it for better performance. I like this method as it makes the EA not depend on outside...
Hi, I run the Coloured WoddiesCCI Indicator. Works fine except if I click the "plus" button to enlarge the candles the indiactor goes wild. Is there a way to insert pics directly into a message so I can post a screenshot? Thanks Tom
Thanks to all of you in Meta Quotes!!!! As my mind is sinking into the concept of the MT4 I am totally pleased. I have discovered you about 10 days ago at the point when I was about to start designing what you have done! However, I am concerned that soon someone will regulate the "black box"...
I need help! I do not know if the following is normal or not. I have simple indicator test routine which is displaying following bars. When "start" is executed I get three bars to be process. Why? Each bar is in M1 time frame so I am updating bars 3432, 3433, 3434 over 3 min. period...
[Deleted]
  Closing with RSI  (1)
For some reason, I can't figure out this simple logic, I think I must have been hit on the head too many times. I want to close with the RSI. Shure could use some help. I have set this logic up, but it doesn't work close logics and rsi[5] Current > 50 or rsi[5] current < 50 What I am after is, close
Hello, how can i determine in EA the required distance between actual marketprice and BuyStop or SellLimit price. Is it broker dependend or fix coded? Thank you denkhaus
Hello I found that it is inpossible to shift iMA with a negative number, nevertheless it MA works fine in wither cases when attached to the chart. Here is the code and the log Print("MA Shifted -3: " , iMA(NULL, 0, 14, -3 , MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0)); Print("MA Shifted 3: " , iMA(NULL, 0, 14, 3
Hi I need help to build an indicator that I call "flat". Here is how it is calculated : - calculate standard deviation (price = close, sma period = 20) => std[20](close) - calculate standard deviation of this standard deviation => std[20](std[20](close)) - calculate for std(std) maxi and mini...
Is it possible within MQL4 to generate a random number between a set starting point and ending point? Let's say I want a random number between 1000 and 2000. How would I do that? Regards, Loren
In the report Strategy Tester should print also Expert properties and settings. I think it is important and usefull. Regards Rafael
LMA=iMA(NULL,0,LMP,1,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); Where: LMA is the long moving average LMP is the long moving period , 1, is one period back Price_close is ema calculated on the close of the period, 0, is current period This is what I want to happen but I am getting multiple crosses when there should
  Index Charts?  (3)
Before i formatted my computer i had the index charts on my metatrader, but now when i reinstalled it, i dont have any other chart than Forex. What happened? Thanks, Daniel
I wrote code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ObjectsSave.mq4 | //| Rafael | //| marynarz15@wp.pl...
Can I export historical data with the values of indicators on it? Thanks