General - page 1933

Array question  (1)
I'm trying to develop an expert that looks back within 100 bars and gives me the max point of a custom indicator (BW below). If I was making an Indicator instead of an Expert, I think I would accomplish this using an Array - but how would I do it in an Expert? see the *** below for where I need...
Looking at the Report tab of the strategy tester there is this data of 'Bars in test'. One would think this is the number of bars actually tested by the tester, only no matter what dates I use in the Settings tab I get the same number of bars (and the same number of 'ticks modelled'). Why doesn't...
  Editor Problems  (1)
I'm having bad problems with the editor since the last update. Will there be a fix soon?
MetaEditor is doing some crazy stuff. Copy and paste inserts strange characters. And eventually the editor just crashes. The "Send" button seems to just lock up, so I'm pasting the crash log here. There has been a critical error Time : 2005.08.24 19:42 Program : MetaEditor Version...
Hi, I just tested this with a simple code. using 21 ema if price close above 21 ema buy if price close below 21 ema sell. indicator setup section MA(1) /* 21 period ema to close*/ logic section buy logic AND close>MA(1) Sell logic AND close< MA(1) hope things are right. i got out put , i am...
1) Metaeditor crashes when copy or cut/past is used 2) Metatrader 181 is not placing trades, instead I either get the message '146635 login(4.00, #27F6EDCB) or it is removing the EA's for whatever reason These EA's have not been modified since the update, and have only had the problem since the
I have a DataCenter connected to Alpari with my real account. When I start MetaTrader client it connects to data center and works fine but sometimes I receive message "DataCenter connecting failed [6]" and stop receiving data (ticks and order updates) untill I restart the client (actually I wait...
Please see next question:
[Deleted]
I'm also involved in an Amibroker to interface to Metatrader project . Someone in that group had this to say in an email today :- 'As for MT4, the pres of the company has said that there will be an API "in a few months." Until an API is available there will be no way to build a plug-in for MT4.' Now
With the build in print (from menu) I can print the chart that I can see at the moment on screen. Currently, I print the first sheet with the newest view, press 'page up' for the last view, print next sheet and so on, to get all views from the timeframe. Is there any way to print the whole chart...
"Closed P/L" and "Floating P/L" are showing -1.#Q on my reports tonight. Any reason why? Ref. http://www.quantinetics.com/forex/DetailedStatement.htm - Vooch
When backtesting a script under MT4 v.180 the log file under \Metatrader 4\tester grows huge to the point where it was 30 GB and I was running out of hard disk space. How does one disable the logging of the file to the hard disk while doing the backtest? I believe now it writes everything that it...
Does anybody have the code, or how to add a PIP filter to MT-4. For example when sma crosses wma wait 5 pips before opening trade. Thanks Mike
Why does not MQL4 allows to initialize the array from a variable? int a=6; double array[a]; Why is it numerical only? double array[6]; I would like to initialise array from "Bars" double array[Bars]; -Stan
If an expert is in the middle of processing and has locked the semaphore, and the user closes the chart window or changes the time frame or does anything else that causes the expert to deinit, won't the semaphore remain locked? That would prevent any expert from processing. You can't exactly reset...
Any chance that this indicator can be added? Another nice one to have would be the BW MFI. Thanks, Josh
I have a quick question about all of this. I was thinking earlier and is this basically babysitting an account? What I mean is that since we don't have direct contact with the script and code etc then this is basically like a custodial account except its not a minor trading but a robot. Please tell
Hello every one, my compliments to the Programmers and supporting staff of the MT4 application, wow! Where can I locate the program code for the Bollinger Band indicator other than at c:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\Samples\indicators\Bands.mq4 Thanks in advance
  Stop Loss orders  (1)
Why the Stop Loss and Take Profit are set to zero? Then you manually have to fill this windows if you want an automatic stop and limit when you buy or sell with Instant Execution. Why not have a possiblity in Options how long from Market Price the Stop and Limit prices are automatically. A co called...
Does anyone have a monthly pivot indicator for MT 4 that they can share? Many thanks.
I thought chart templates were suppose to be useful in remembering layout, color, indicator, expert settings, etc. for use on any currency. However, when applying a template to another currency, it applies the saved Point and Digits settings too. So, why are these settings being saved in a...
int OrderSend( string symbol, int cmd, double volume, double price, int slippage, double stoploss, double takeprofit, string comment=NULL, int magic=0, datetime expiration=0, color arrow_color=CLR_NONE) what is the min stop lost that i can set from the current pice , and is it posble to change...
I don't know if anyone else noticed , that comment function is lagging. What i mean is that. When price moves ,information showed in comments are as it were before price had moved .I just put below simple code check yourself how bid and ask price differs from actual price. int start() {...
MetaTrader 4. Build 181. 1. Updated reading Digits parameter from template; 2. Updated Dictionary of MetaEditor IDE; 3. Updating based on crash-logs
Is this possible to close a part of the position? I mean I open 2 lots long of eur$ 1.2200 and I want to close 1 lot at 1.2230 and the rest of position - 1 lot at 1.2260. Any ideas? Regards Rafael
Dear Sir, I upgrade MT4 from R178 to R180 today and found there were not further updating data after the upgrading,the time&price were not changed any more.Then I download a new R180 and reinstalled in this morning,registered a new account ,but the fault was the same ,the time and price kept the...
  DATA FEED  (1)
What is going on with the Data feed??
  No MT4 data??  (5)
My MT4 doesn't have any new quotes or data yet, and it's 2300 on Aug. 22. I should've been getting data for the last 6 hours. My older MT version that runs with InterbankFX does have data, though. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks, John
Hi, since nobody can tell me how can insert a screenshot I have to describe again ... how can it be that I see a GBPJPY price of 198.85 on my chart and the price in the terminal window shows 198.93 ? No need to mention that my S/L at 198.95 was taken out when the price showed 198.87 in the chart.....