Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 435

Hi, It seems like SendNotification() is ignored when executed in the Strategy Tester. Right? So there is no need to do a conditional check? MQL5InfoInteger(MQL5_TESTER)? Shouldn't this be documented? Are there more functions that are ignored in test mode? Regards, Erik
Please help me write the simplest code that when my signal is triggered it opens one market order and four other pending orders at an interval of 25 pips at the same time. The target for all the five orders is 50 pips from the entry price. No stop loss for all the orders.
Hi,   for a symbol from the market watch list (which I retrieve by "SymbolName") I would like to print two different types of information: 1) the symbol's full name (for example not "EURAUD" but "Euro vs Australian Dolle" as can be found in the Specification window) 2) The margin that my broker uses...
[Deleted]
How to test a EA which simultaneously trades (independently) based on 2 timeframes on a single pair ? While strategy tester takes only one timeframe.
Hello,  I am unable to  run backtestings due to non availability of historical data.   I initially had some good backtesting results for 2-3 years since Jan 2008. Now I am looking for the fresh market data to be simulated over the backtesting but I am unable to do that. Can anyone guide me on that....
(A): OP_BUY / OP_SELL (B): OP_BUYLIMIT / OP_SELLLIMIT (C): OP_BUYSTOP / OP_SELLSTOP (D): A and B (E): A and C (F): B and C (G): All types (A & B & C) (H) None. My EA doesnot place orders. It is for to support manual trading I am not an MQL programmer so I don't understand this survey
Hello everybody, my programmingskills in MQL5 are very low, so i really could need some help. I just want to program an easy expert advisor. It should generate an order if a candle breaks through the extremum (Maximum or Minimum) of the candle before. I dont want to trade this way, i just want...
Hi, i have a working EA finally, thanks to online reference and forum suggestions. Now, i want to restirct EA from running during the New York end and Sydney start time. How can i do this? will be using NY time as input to EA. secondly i want to restrict EA from placings orders 30 mins before and
  help please  (6)
im using one of the free EAs on metatrader 5 and want to change the amount of money its trading. Can anyone help with this? many thanks
I subscribed to A Cashmaker. Immediately all existing positions have been executed. Is there a way to have only new orders executed ?
I have follow this article on custom signal module and weighting algorithms and I've discovered a great way to assemble custom EA. However I passed the all day trying to sort an issue I cannot understand and start having big headache. My EA have threshold for opening a position set to 80, one...
Hello, If I am using a signal will the lot size increase automatically as my balance grows? What if the signal provider withdraws his money so he is using smaller lots, will mine adjust to the right percentage of my balance? Thank you
Sometimes I want to close all my orders and turn off my computer (this is just a demo account) but what is the proper way to do that when I am subscribed to a signal? Thank you
[Deleted]
Which performance would you consider right for an EA to purchase it? 10% linear growth per month, 20% linear growht per month, etc. From which monthly growth would you start suspecting and thinking that that EA may crash soon? Thank you again!
Hello, I have been looking through signals for about a week and it seems like all of the live ones are using non-us brokers. It looks like any broker I can use as a US resident has high slippage. Is there something I can do to find signals that are on brokers in the USA or with lower slippage...
Hello, I have tried for days to change the styles and colors with the indicator with EA. Unfortunately, I've come to now no solution. Find no solution in the forum. Can someone correct this code? Thanks! // Indicators #include <Indicators\Indicators.mqh> int OnInit() { int EMA_HIGH_20_Handle...
I would like to start testing auto-trading, but I don't know where to start. It would be nice to see some code of one well made "expert" or "indicator" (I don't know which one auto-trades). Is there anything published?
Hi,   I have defined different sets in my market watch window (right click and then "Sets"). How can I iterate through these sets (and its elements) in my EA? Is there a function like "get first set", "get successor set of set X" ...?   Thank you.   Best, Chris 
Sorry I am new to this arena. I am developing an EA that will trade of sentiment data. (mining news text for positive and negative words etc) Can you charge monthly for your EA, or is it only a one of charge you can apply? If not can someone suggest the best way of doing this, as the value is not...
some one know a good automated trader that i can use and the paramethers that i have to use for not loose my money i have only a little budget to use
Hi I got a very well running EA on EURUSD with decent profits. But the thing is, as soon as i change to - say - USDJPY, i get a lot of [ Invalid Price ] errors. Anybody got any idea why it wont work on other currencies, even though i programmed it for all currencies? //--- set orders if (
  From MT4 to MT5  (2)
Who can re-code MY MQL4 EA to MQL5 ? (I'll give some gift!) Thkx
Hi All, I'm looking for an easy solution to have all my deal done on an MT5 termnial copied to another MT5 terminal on the same machine. I have seen some solutions on the web but they seem to be MT5 to MT4 and fairly expensive. Thanks for your help, Wip
how to get nonfarm payload data ASAP ? any example code
Hi,   my EA seems to have a memory leak since after a while it crashes with "out of memory".  How can I figure out which statement in my EA consumes memory and does not release it afterwards?   In my EM I have a function which is frequently invoked and which contains the following code:...
Hello, I have found specific EA's available. I would instead like to specify myself the use of a combination of various existing indicators for an EA with multiple pairs. Is such an general format EA available where I can plug in the already existing indicators so as to come to an EA? That would be...
Hi, I am new to using MQL5 for autotrading and I have had the same issue a couple of times now, I am setting up Demo accounts to copy so can set the leverage and balance to whatever I want. I have tried adjusting the % up and down but every time I get the same error. Is it to do with the...
  Trading signals  (1)
How come there'll be a slight delay when im receiving copying the signals fro the provider and how can i fix it? :)
I am waiting ATC 2013. When does it register?
1. a user wants to be signal provider , a MQ signal provider with 3 different symbol suffix type in a account, how will it work? 2. a user who have 2 type of symbols suffix, (e.g. EURUSD and EURUSDm) which symbol will be executed