Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 452

Hey, So I've written a pinbar EA which works fine, however I'm now trying to get it to take RSI into account when making trades... I basically want RSI(specific bar interval int) to return the RSI value at that bar based on Close Prices. I've been struggling with this a great deal as I'm having...
i create my first EA.But its not corectly work with indicator.Its generate every thick buy and sell signal without any reason. how can i fix this EA?he only get signal buy or sell if the line is crossing for example.i try with different indicators and its always the same problem.
Hello, I wonder if anyone has experience with connecting MT5 to Interactive Broker’s TWS through API and using an EA for trading with all sorts of financial instruments not just FX? Any help would be appriated. Thanks Andy1
Loading: ResetLastError(); R_H4_Handle=iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H4,"rindicator", false, 600, true, PRICE_CLOSE  ); if(R_H4_Handle==INVALID_HANDLE)     { Print("R_H4_Handle = ",R_H4_Handle," error = ",GetLastError()); return(false);    ...
  FileWriteArray  (7)
I have just reported this to service desk but I was wondering if anybody else having same problem. I cannot create dat or csv files from an array even though the array has data.
Hi, First of all sorry for my bad english.. hope you'll undestand.. Probably there are many others methods for send message on your Twitter account directly from your MQL5 code... but this is my solution! :) I have coded a very easy program that allows you to send message on your Twitter...
Hi, I'm trying to trade on GBPUSB and EURUSD with a custom EA I created. It is succesfully trading on GBPUSD but not on EURUSD. It is the same EA with the same settings on both pairs. I don't see any message in the journal or expert tabs regarding EURUSD but I can see GBPUSD trades taking place....
I write this code in the indicator, but it is not run whlie testing, Alert("indicator is working.............."); Can you tell how many command(code) in indicator will not be run while testing?
I'm starting in using MT and I know that MT5 is able to make automatic trading. This means that you code a program that can open and close buy/sell operations for you respected to some parameters that you've previously coded in the program. Now I've the same question for MT4. A friend has clarified
Hi there Im not very good at coding Im having problem with an EA The problem is. It only opens one order at the time. I have tryed set the OrdersTotal(); But if i set the orderstotal to 100 for example it opens like 5 orders at the same price. Thats not what iwant! This is how i want it to work For
Hello, I had a very helpful member (credit goes to heelflip43) from the MQL4 forums modify a lousy data collection script I found laying around. He did a great job and I think its now a very useful data collection tool. It continuously writes multiply currencies and multiple frequencies to .csv...
I wanted to play with the example from MQL5 Wizard: How to Create a Module of Trading Signals https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/226 and wanted to implement it in my own EA; unfortunately I get the invalid pointer access in 'SampleSignal.mqh' (151,20) in the file samplesignal...
Hi all, a strange thing: I have an expert advisor which works fine in MetaTrader 5.00 build 527 but it doesn't work in build 540 (same machine). I have double checked that I test with the same code. In Build 540 I get the following error: 2011.11.14 18:26:18 Core 1 2010.01.26 16:06:28...
Hi, I have written an EA that need to write ad read data from a text file... when i use in live i have no problem but if i want to use in Tester i have some problems with the Text File... AT THE END of the test the file is written in : tester/Agent/MQL5/files/myFile.txt , but if i want start a...
Hi Experts, up to now the Strategy Tester worked fine but today - suddenly I´m receiving this Error Message and I don´t have a clue what it´s about.  Can you pls help?    2011.11.08 08:09:11 2010.07.06 14:55:00   Access violation read to 0x00000E49 in 'C:\Programme\MetaTrader...
  EA  (2)
5 & 10 MA crossing with manual sl,tp,lotsize.
Hi! i would like to know if someone knows if is possibile (and how) create a List of my own object... Ex. My Class = Person Can i have a List of Person? Like List<Person> Thanks!
Hi Guys, Anyone could help me with this? I`ve done a simple EMA Cross signal, after that I used MQL5 Wizard to built my EA... When I try to run the EA it show the following errors: CExpertBase::SetPriceSeries: changing of timeseries is forbidde CExpertBase::SetOtherSeries: changing of...
MT4 shows in the chart the indicators you use in your ea during baciktesting. MT5 does not show any indicator - it only shows the trades (both in normal and in visual mode). Am I missing something? Is this feature already available in MT5? It's harder to backtest if you have to add your indicators...
Hi guys how are you. I'm wondering if someone could help me out to finish this simple OCO EA. Basically I want to cancel other trades based on their TICKETS. So basically we have two limit orders. Once one of them triggers, the other must cancel. ex: extern int Ticket_1; extern int...
Testing 2 years (2010-2011) with ExpertMama using 10000 USD with 1:100, profit 210.27 and result 214701557.56 with 29 trades. What is this?
Hi All Yesterday I had MT4 and on it I had a simple indicator that showed me both the 14 day ATR and the current range of today's price action in numbers in a 'Comment' in the top left corner of the chart. The code I used was this- double My_ATR=iATR(NULL,1440,periods,1); double...
  EA  (6)
I was just wanting to know what the best EA on&nbsp; the market for purchase might be? Any ideas or opinions? Thanks
Hello, just try to detect cancelled orders. For this, i use HistorySelect(from,TimeCurrent()); HistoryOrdersTotal(); All this in an expert advisor. Detection of cancellation is done on every trade. Now the problem: in OnInit, from is initialized with TimeCurrent. When i place an order and...
I wrote very simple custom indicator using external DLL. It compiles and shows up on a chart very fine. Next, I wrote EA using this custom indicator. EA also loads and works very fine. However, any attempt to test this EA in strategy tester gives this error: 2011.10.22 20:16:18 expert removed...
Hi, I'm doing some an simple EA for MT5 and encounter some problems, if you know please help me to overcome it 1) I want to handle the equity data through the Strategy tester. Please the me how to access these data. After the test has finished, I can take the equity data from the Graphe ->...
Hello. Someone can help me to solve this "problem". ArrayMinimum() and ArrayMaximum() just return respectively the index of most minimum(littlest) and the most maximum(biggest) value into the Array passed to it. So it give absolute minumum and maximum, values, of an array. But what if...
My trades are filled only at a certain X hour & Y hour. In between those hours (X and Y), the EA has practically nothing to do. Should I use OnTimer(), rather than OnTick()? Any suggestions from anyone who has done this using OnTimer(), or anyone who has such experience? Thx.
do any tools can follow metatrader 5 trades to MT4? thanks
is it possible to test an EA while on demo account? I receive the annoying error: 4756 Trade request sending failed