Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 426

my demo account has symbol specifications with lc ending (EURUSDlc) therefore I get error msg : Signal - different specification of symbol EURUSD,???any help
I subscribed to a signal how can I increase my lot on metatrader4 platform, I want to go from 0.01 to 0.03 how?
I wrote an EA, and call of course internally some Indicators. When launching the EA in a chart I expected that those indicators also are shown in the display - but it did not. I found in the reference Manual something like IndicatorAdd sound good but I was not able to work with it. Does anybody...
  SendMail syntax  (5)
Hi i'm trying to use strings & variables inside SendMail() ... : SendMail("Notify : Close opened position","Closed at : Ask="+SYMBOL_ASK+", Bid="+SYMBOL_BID+ ", Date="+SYMBOL_TIME+" Symbol="+Symbol()+" Period="+Period()" Profit="+PositionGetDouble(POSITION_PROFIT)); errors i got : '' -...
Dear All, How to monitor this event which a deeper history is downloaded or history blanks is filled?
What's wrong with following code? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| bbb.mq5 |//| Copyright 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//| http...
Hello I'm new in Mt4 and I'm trying to understand how it works but I have a problem, let me explain. I subscribed to a signal on my mt4 with Alpari demo and everything goes ok, but when I open a position manually by myself the platform automatically closes the trade when I log out. If I log in again
I recently started developing EAs, and I encountered an issue. No matter what I try, I can't get anything working for a stable long period of time (2008-2009 are clear examples of that as shown on this image http://i.imgur.com/aBfheCB.gif). I did some research and found that I needed a better tick...
​Hello, I have a question, do pending orders execute with OHLC? for example, if a bar for EURUSD opens in 1.3500 and closes in 1.3600, and I have a pending order at 1.3550, would the order be executed ? Thanks in advance
I'm a young high schooler, no much experience on forex trading or coding... But being a money-greedy magpie as I am, I wan't to make some money with mt5. So I need your help building a relatively simple trading robot: It would open a long position when 1-hour bar opens above higher 55-day typical...
Hello I'm checking the above and it's returning false in demo forward. CSymbolInfo . Can I force the server to synchronize by refreshing the Terminal/EA? I'm a bit stuck on how to synchronize so I canProceed(); any help appreciated
Hi all I have a problem with installing any .ex4 files or mq4 files in metatrader, Im using windows 8 (maybe not the best) and putting them into the folder metatrader4/mlq4/experts, however nothing comes up in the navigation. Ive tried restarting the program of course, and also my whole...
How do we know what lotsize will be opened on our account balance size when we get our first signal? Can I adjust the Lotsize using the Use Equity % of Account? Please help. thank you
i would like if youcould explain to me whether i can use EAs written for MT5 in MT4. is there any converter or script to do this job or it just as easy as copyingthe *.ex5 file to mt4>expets folder and  then changing the extention to. ex4 andalso copying the coherent files such a .mqh as...
Every time I try downloading an ea from mql5 the "Metatester 5 agents manager" window pops up and I can't seem to do anything that allows me to download the actual ea.  I didn't used to have this problem.  Please help!
im new here, i found few trader to follow but thats required few credits per month. so how to add credit on my profile to buy those signals.
Hi, I have successfully develop an EA that can access data from MYSQL Database but when the MT4 updates the EA doesn't work anymore. I have tried to use the same code but there is no luck of retrieving data using the SELECT statement. If you know something on how to do it, i will be grateful if...
Hi, Several months ago, I carried out a number of simulations which reported a History Quality of 98%. I ran those same simulations again today on the same broker's platform and only had a History Quality percentage of 92%. I also had a large chunk of red in the "History Quality" bar. According to...
When we set forward test, the strategy tester will start with backtesting first. Once backtesting is done, the strategy tester will start forward testing with some of the successful passes from backtesting. However some cases I would like to see forward testing results for all the passes...
Hi, I am searching for a broker in Iran which supports autotrading. I want to use functions like Ordersend(). I need a broker that its servers accept such orders..  Please help me if you know one. Thanks 
Can I know different benefits of posting free expert advisors. 
Hello, I'm looking for a way to CopyBuffer() the color change from the AO oscillator. I can get the value, but not the color. I didn't find any docs on this buffer, i watch the indicator source, it seems that it's the n°1, but yet can't get it to work. & what does it return ? Any help appreciated...
Hello, What does this mean ? Inadmissible withdrawal operations on demo account detected. i created a signal for demo offering it free, however i get this error message. Pls advise ? Thanks !!
is it necessary to Set ExpertMagicNumber?
void OnTick() when does the above function take place? when does it run? please explain.
I am using CTrade class and sending a buylimit request. but I get the result of 1006! I am using this to get the result code: Print(trade.ResultRetcode() ); what is the problem ? can anyone help me
Is it possible to make an EA to place an exact order of a trade after hitting the TP?!  For example, imagine that I had a gbp/usd limit order at 1.65593 with a 10 pip TP then eventually the order got executed & hit the TP. As soon as the excuted order hit the TP the EA will place another...
Please someone give me an example of using ctrade class in buying and selling a symbol. for example: buying with this info: order type: buy_limit price:1000 volume:2000 Stop loss: 800 Take Profit: 1200 Expiration: today Fill policy: return //************************// and for selling...
I want to be sure if Metatrader uses Ctrade class for sending buy and sell requests. Does anyone know it? I mean, when for example someone right clicks on a symbol in the marketwatch and selects "new order" and fills that form, does Metatrader use Ctrade class for sending that buy/sell/.... request
REASON_PROGRAM 0 Expert Advisor terminated its operation by calling the ExpertRemove() function Can someone explain this?