Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 425

[Deleted]
different brokers use different symbols and too for different type of accounts. How to make an EA that adjust its Symbol accordingly.
How do you test if EA is running in Strategy Tester or not? Tried to search the documentation but probably did not search in a correct  way
I'm testing a lot of correlations lately and I would like to possibly automate my trades using EAs. What I'm trying to do is if a certain currency pair moves by 100pts on the M1 chart, I will be entering a trade on a different but correlated currency pair. In terms of programming, I have already...
Problem: The genetic algorithm eventually biases results and running all possibilities may take too long. Suggested solution: Monte Carlo method . This would run a specified amount of frames with randomly generated perimeters. Just like the first 256 frames generated by the genetic mode is (I think)
  Pending Orders  (7)
Hello I need an example code or a tutorial text about writing an E.A to placing buy-limit order automatically! When the stock market is closed it's not possible to place order and an error message prompt to us. I want to write an EA that checks the time and when time is equal to 9:00AM it places...
Hi, Before using an EA on a real account, should it be reliable in 1 month backtesting, a year backtesting or all history chart backtesting ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello, is it possible to create such drowndown menues and buttons with the standard MQL5 language? If its not possible just with MQL5, how would it be possible?
Hi All Pl help with the for loop code to fetch the last up and down ifractals value Thx in advance //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int start() { //---- double upval=iFractals(NULL,0,MODE_UPPER,3); double dnval=iFractals(NULL,0,MODE_LOWER,3); // How
Hi Guys I'm using MetaTrader5 for trading stocks. I've spent so much time to create a simple E.A, the first E.A, for automatic trading at this market but the result was amazing!! The trade server of MetaTrade doesn't allow me to place orders by E.A, Even I can't modify orders that was placed
please someone help me with the code needed to accomplish that.ThanksEG: if the price's upperlimit for a symbol is 500 and its lowerlimite is 300, I want a code that gets that upperlimite price from server and puts it in a variable.Thanks
Hi, I am creating an EA with a website where you do not need to write any code. You just put the condition you want and it will write the code for you. (I have no clue writing code) Those are my conditions to buy for now. It is comparing each pair. double Buy1_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9,...
Hello, Should I always keep the MT4 open to receive signals? what if I received a signal but my PC was closed when the signal provider closed the order when will my order be closed? manually? or right after I connect to MT4 ?? Thank you
Hi .I want to write above programming .There is a problem but I cantfind it.Can I write an indicator within an expert ? I want Ma crossingindicator be in expert space.How can I do it?expert +indicator in onespace. only when crossing happened Sell or Buy order do their work, notwhen fast MA be...
EA for HAMA Pad Indicator Dear Friends, Can anyone make EA for HAMA Pad indicator as per belowsettings: Time frame: Any Lot size auto increase depends on balance Fix lot options Trading time option (able to set trading time on current charttime) Breakeven option Stop loss Take...
Hi, I know how to get the profit of a position on the current symbol the EA is running on. But how to get the total profit for all the position opened by the EA ? Thanks. EDIT : Is there anyway to get notification only for answers received on the forum ?
I want to get the value of the best bid. EG: if the best price of the best bid is 2000 and its volume is 5000, then I want to be able to get that 5000 value in a variable. How can I do this? I couldnt find anything in SymbolInfoDouble() function. Please help. Thanks
Hi, I would like to change the min/max price of a chart to see the trade level even after breakouts without changing the periodicity. But if I do that with the code sample below the tick volume disappears. If I do the same manually with the mouse on the vertical price scale it works. Is there any...
Hey there, I got a little question, i am working with this indicator: MACD-2, here is a little screen: I would like to know which is the current color, like: if ( current_color == "green" ) { Print ( "It is green" );}elseif ( current_color == "red" ){ Print ( "It is red" );} else { Print...
hello can i put several EA's on a chart ??? thank's
Hey there, using this code snippet: void OnTick()  {   MqlTick last_tick;   if(SymbolInfoTick(Symbol(),last_tick))     {      Print(last_tick.time,": Bid = ",last_tick.bid...
hello see title ... i try to modify (examples) controls .mq5 in my own directory (robotB) but i can't : compile errors i certainly forget an include but what ? thank's 'CPoint' - declaration without type Rect.mqh 37 4 'CPoint' - declaration without type Rect.mqh 39
Is candlestick indicator useful for an EA creation? Do you have any experience with candlestick indicator
Hello all, weeks ago I had a C-programming training. Now I will start to learn MQL5. I read some tutorials but I don`t know how I can get the maximum and minimum of bars to copy them into an own array. Concretely I would like to create an array (e.g. double array_maximum[20]) and safe the maxima of...
hello! :-)  I would like to automate my backtests, so they will run at night or on weekends  Can I program it with MQL5?  best regards
  No. of Lots  (2)
Hi, Here I am trying to find out how many 0.1 (SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN) lots are there in a position. I am using below given code to find it. Only BUY-Instant orders are used here. Lot Size is maintained as 0.1 while opening, adding and closing of the position. Position Volume is working good...
  pb double order...  (10)
hello ! my EA seed several same orders (generated by onTick() ) although my first lines are : if (PositionSelect(_SYMBOL)==true){   Modify_Order();}else{   Send__Order();}   i think it's a problem of waiting time on the queue server. may i treat my first order in OntradeTransaction event? an other...
Hi, Right now I am back-testing my EA. In EURUSD I find a gap or data-missing. I have attached the screenshot. Is there any way to will it up? or Will that gap disturb while back-testing? If I want to test from 2004 means what should I do? I am using MQL5 .com's demo. With Regards, Krishna
I want to be able to run an external app like : notepad.exe using ShellExecuteW() and send an argument like : c:\sample.txt to that. I mean: notepad.exe c:\sample.txt How can I send arguments to that? I use: #import "shell32.dll" and : int ShellExecuteW(int hWnd,int lpVerb,string lpFile...
every time my computer hangs strategies instead of resuming open positions just start all over again. Is it possible to make them resume work or to program EA in such way so it would resume the activity instead of reseting it every single time. This is most annoying thing for me in both...
Hi everybody, i've been looking for a script that allows me to set pending BuyStop, BuyLimit, SellStop and SellLimit orders at a specified distance from a candle opening price in pips. E.g. i want to place pending orders every hour at "opening price +200 pips". There are some scripts out there,...