Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 423

i am searching for a week and do not get the answer so i decide to ask you guys. i want to buitd ea which use renko chart. i ask my friend who have computer skill, and he replied that he cannot build it because he doesnt know how to make EA open offline chart. he cannot do because renko must use...
If it is for all symbols is there a function that returns the total orders open for the current symbol?
hello i try to use SymbolInfoSessionTrade() to get session open and close time this function need session_index (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/marketinformation/symbolinfosessiontrade) what's this please? Thank's
If a position is kept open by weekend or holiday involved, how to measure the net time, real-time market that is open?  If we use the following function we obtain the natural time but not the actual open market ... double tiempoMercadoPosic(string simb= NULL, mi_FECHA_HORA modo=...
my EA need to close a position (not with stop loss) example : i want to close my position Friday before the week-end to avoid surprises on Monday i don't find any function for this. am i obliged to send several orders (if volume >50 on forex) n? thank's
Hello, I have a question related to MQL5. I know the meaning of FREEZE level, however I'm a bit confused. Let's suppose, that we have an open position with a volume 0.1 lot. The freeze level specified by the broker is 5 points (theorically). Because the current price is very close to the SL (for...
is there a fast way for having a menu of numbers from 1 to 31/30 for having them in the input part of the EA without writing them down one by one by typing them? I mean I can do this the hard way: enum DaysOfEachMonth{ one=1, two=2, three=3, .... thirty=30, }; but is there a faster...
Hi, Is there a way to run an optimization test from within the EA & integrate the results as the settings of the EA ?
Hello, I don´t know if this is the right place to question this, so sorry it is not: I have an EA that assigns a value to a global variable with every tick, whis is at the start initialized to zero.  I want to know if it is possible to preserve the value assigned trough a switch off/on of...
The EA I am developing is a SwingTrader EA. It uses Daily, 4-hour and 1-hour todetermine trend. It uses 5-Minute for prospective entry and 1-M forentry. In order to make it independent ofbroker server time it is not a good idea to use the 4H and 1D data asis since they will differ depending on...
I have been using my 3 local computers to run as many agent as possible. Has been working fine for a long time. It stilltakes a long time running for a multicurrency EA optimizing one pair at the time. I decided to try the cloud. Works fine most of the time and it is a time saver. I have however...
printf("Numbers of opened positions : %G", PositionsTotal());for (int x=0;x<=PositionsTotal();x++) { //numbers of position = index printf("Index of the position %G",x);printf("Symbol of the selected position : %G",PositionGetSymbol(x));printf("Profit on the selected position : %G",...
Hi, I'd like to add text to make the settings box of an EA clean by adding text where's the inputs stand. Ex :Text : Money Managementinput bool MM true etc ...Text : Behaviourinput .... etc ...
  Help with coding  (10)
Hello, I currently have an EA that opens a max of 1 buy and 1 sell. It currently opens trades on bar-open only, however, at the moment it closes intrabar by using a set TP and SL. I am looking at converting the system to a 100% bar open only system yet and confused about how to go about it. I...
I get many good signals, but I have no time to place by hand these signals into my MT4 account. Is there any change to create a script doing this work? Thanks. Firmin
Hello All, I was wondering if I for example have an account of 10,000 USD and my signal provider has an account of 5,000 USD if he opens an order of 1.00 in volume, will that same order will be opened in the same volume or will it change since my account is double his account should it be 2.00
Hello everyone.. i want your suggestions ...If an EA strategy is working really fine and showing good results on tester but not coming up with the same in real trading what can be the main reasons behind this?
Hi, I'm looking for the operator to "break" if a condition is filled since 'break' only works with while, do while, for ... THanks
Hi, i have a question. How to create an "reaching point" in a ea? I have an ea who is trading 4 different currency pairs in one time. So it opens 4 orders. How to change the ea for closing all this orders, when reaching an number? For example: 4 orders were opened in 4 different currencys....
hi  my EA in live and his associated backtest give not the same profit . the origin of this problem is the archives with 1 minute candles . in backtest what price (high, low, in, out) is associated with bid and ask?  can i force this choice or should I  handle this by code?   thank's  
I need to write converter for the BTC/USD history to mt4 format but digging out compiler I have found what may be useful program for some people. It analyzes month after month income on each pair from the CSV history on 12 most popular pairs and percentage of won/lost transactions - generates also...
Hello   big metaphysical problem : i backtest on 2 brokers  MT5 (Alpari & ActivTrades) and the results of my backtests a different (from 1 to 6) . What might be the problem? (different spreads, archives)   thank you for your help 
I was calling it nearly every tick (just wanted the potential lot-size reported in a comment) and after removing it my EA back-tests about 5x faster. Just a heads up. Thank you profiler!
i have an ea and w to add time to start and time to stop&nbsp;
Hello, I would like to know if there is some example to get the last extreme point of ZigZag because I don't know how to code it. Thank you very much!!!
Hi, Just reporting a fact : the results of an EA i've backtested on a period are different from a day to another for the same period. Did i miss something ? ADD : it made my optimized settings obsolete the day after, i'm disappointed :/
hi Can I use the debugger to backrest a given period ? example : debug EURUSD behavior between 12 march 15:00 hour and 16:00 thank's
I want to migrate from mql4 to 5 . In mql4 my simple ordersend is this OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1000,Bid,3,0,0,"Buy",22222,0,Blue); which only Volume and Bid price is important for me, no Stop loss , No take profit ,no.... . how could i creat it in MQL5 ? Thanks
hello everyone, I am a newbie here and using a EA without S/L setting. I know nothing about coding, but is there anyone kind enough here could help me to add on a S/L variable to it, thanks !
Hi, I have a problem, after I fill all the data (login and pasword in settings, I am still not able to connect to any signal as you can see on the photos) I am sure that the pasword is ok and login also, so could you please advise me where could be a problem? Thank you !