Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 300

Hi, I'm trying to write the simplest EA in MQL5 and it's really not a fun experience. Firstly I tried to write the EA from the ground up and find it incredibly cumbersome to do even the simplest things, for example to get a couple of prices:       // get yesterday's open and close price...
Hello all: Ive been using mysql for working with my EAs for some time now, I used mainly this EAX Library https://www.mql5.com/en/code/855, which I added a couple of functions and some error handlers for reconnections in case the connection gets dropped while executing a query, everything works...
Hi there, I have EA's working since Jan 2013, compiled back then OK, and running in market without problem since. However re-compile same Jan 2013 code with latest MT5 compiler, gives me errors in market. Code has not changed. I traced it to maybe the CTrade::FillingCheck. This EA is using...
  Convert Datetime  (6)
Hello, i want to know the actual time in sekonds since 1970 as its written also here in the output format https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/convert/stringtotime i try to use  Print( StringToTime(TimeCurrent())); but as output in the terminal i always get the format YYYY.MM.DD hh.mm.ss does i do something...
I want a event that trigger always when a position is closed by SLTP. I found nothing native from MQL5 to do it, so I'm trying approaches to do myself an OnSLTP() function. A piece from my code to do it uses the history:     void ProcessClosedPositions(){       datetime now = TimeCurrent();...
Hello everyone, First, sorry for my english. I discovered a very good renko chart Indicators. I like it because I don t need to used offline chart. It s Renko_2, you can find it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9839 There is a problem with it, like an indicators, it works when the Japanese...
Hello, Im trying to get my last deal profit, that means that if I lose I get a negative number and if I win I get positive number. I wrote the simple code: HistorySelectByPosition(last position ticket);Print(HistoryDealGetDouble(HistoryDealGetTicket(0),DEAL_PROFIT)); but all I get is 0.0, always....
Hi all, I am using BilingerBands in my EA but it is returning very big value as follows which is definitely not correct. 9.881312916824931e-324 Following is the code of OnTick method: void OnTick(){   //-Sorting array from current candle downward..   ArraySetAsSeries(lowerBollingerBandArray,...
Hello I am would like to attached RSI 14 and RSI 7 into same windows. So how to do that and how to specify this in the code!! Chaiya
I know there is a maximum to how many notifications I can be sent at one time. Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous alerts you can receive? I am asking because I created an indicator to send an alert to my computer and a notification on my phone if certain conditions are met. I am...
Hello Everyone!, I'm at the end of my rope and need help please. I have searched MQL5 forums and google, didn't understand MQL5 manual documentation Getting Errors and not able to move forward - please help (journal & mq5 files attached)              // Alert: The Sell order request could not be...
First of all, I'm sorry for my bad English. I have an EA. If price doesn't touch the T/P in 20 mins, that order must be stop at current price. I don't want to wait for the price to touch the S/L. Is there any code about this?
Hi, I'd like to know the spec of the vps provided by metaquotes. I've searched across the site, but no answers. Thanks
Hey guys, need some advice. If i set a minimum and a maximum for an indicator in its own window, i can do so either in header or inside OnInit(). In OnInit() i do so using IndicatorSetDouble ( INDICATOR_MINIMUM , 0.0 ); IndicatorSetDouble ( INDICATOR_MAXIMUM , 100.0 ); Now if i later need to remove
Hi guys I do have a problem with my buyflex function, following the log 2018.04.30 03:05:34.715 2018.01.23 17:10:19   failed request buy 1.00K 2 at 18.29000  sl: 18.14000 tp: 18.42000 [Invalid request] 2018.04.30 03:05:34.715 2018.01.23 17:10:19   Function: BuyOrderFlex99 Error: 10013 Invalid...
I read the article "How to Exhange Data: A DLL for MQL% in 10 Minutes." I followed the instructions, and now have a working DLL with all the sample functions of the article. I need to add a new function similar to this one (from the article): The C++ code: _DLLAPI void __stdcall fnFillArray(int...
I'm not getting the correct characters to display for the corresponding keystroke events. For example when I press the "," key I get "1/4". Am I doing something wrong? Here is my sample code: #property strict#property...
Would it be possible for someone to explain how i may be able to implement a trendline within my EA? I've tried looking for custom indicators and trying to use the setindexbuffer but cant seem to find a buffer which is related to a trendline. Would it be possible to manually draw a trendline and...
hello coders; could you just help me with a piece of MQL4 code that i can include in my EA to identify support and resistance levels Or the principle which i can make use of to code it.
Over the past decade or so I’ve always preferred manual trading and educated other people based off of that. However as technology and finance in general evolved (and my brother who worked for JP Morgan put the words “algorithmic Trading” in my head), I knew that I had to as well. However does a
Hello All, In my EA I want to send an order and monitor its individual executions, if any. To do so I implemented the OnTradeTransaction() method to intercept each execution. However, I'm experiencing different behavior when running my code in the Strategy Tester and when running it  as if in...
Hey, the Bee is back again with questions. I've read a few threads, where traders take into account the percent of risk they're ready to take. (e.g. %5 of Free Margin or so) which is understandable. then I read some EA codes and some scripts, which try to calculate the lot size, based on where
Hi there,I have been writing a few expert advisors for the past weeks and mostly they work well but for some reason I often find that on GBP currency pairs some of them only open 1 trade and no more. I have looked at the code in the debugger and I get the error "no money" when I execute OrderCheck....
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                          test_printf_rounded.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                             https://www.mql5.com...
How to check if the middle line in Bollinger indicator is some what straight or stable? See the following red circle in the image:   Kindly, let me know.
[Deleted]
Hi, I've searched for an 'upgrade' as I recently found that almost all Renko builders recalculate. I use Renko. The solution is to anchor it in time (set a start date) but i do not know how. I considered paid options but none release the source code. I get why but at the same time trust has to work
Hello, Why does this script produce a out of range ? Thanks, Pierre //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                 stOutOfRange.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
hello, I've created a custom symbol from EUR/USD. In the backtest trades are working good but there are lots of errors "2018.04.21 18:13:02.839 Core 1 2008.10.29 01:02:00  no prices for symbol USDEUR_BASKET (1970.01.01 00:00:00 0.00000, 0.00000)"  although I use only the eur/usd and not...
#include<Trade\Trade.mqh>CTrade trade;void OnTick()   {      trade.Buy()   } What do I need to add/change to the code above so that it executes a buy order only once after I run the EA? I'm only newbie. Thanks!
HI.  I am running the following code for GBP/JPY: void OnTick() {   // get last tick   double last=SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_LAST);   Print(last); or: MqlTick last_tick;    if(SymbolInfoTick(Symbol(),last_tick)) {       Print(last_tick.time,": Bid = ",last_tick.bid, " Ask = ",last_tick.ask...