Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 385

How to improve the test speed in mt4?
  Martingale and anti-martingale.  (94   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Good afternoon fellow traders! I will give my thoughts on the martingale system. But first, let's go over the history. They write that there was a Sir or Mr. Martin and he was playing roulette and after each loss he doubled his bet until he won. But nowadays this system is used in forex trading. I
Hi, I could use some advice: When using an EA trading panel on chart (I tried 3) I'm not able to click any buttons on that panel. All I get is the sideway-arrow from MT4 (<->), so it looks like it is "clicking-through" and MT4 doesnt recognise the panel. This only goes for the buttons on that panel
Dear All, MQL4 has function to check MT4 account number with this command int AccountNumber(); it will return MT4 account number Sometimes specified MT4 account number was registered under specified Introducer Broker (IB) Code My question: Is there any function for checking the Introducer...
  convert  (4)
can any one please convert to EA it is very helpful to earn good profit &nbsp;
Dear fellow traders, Two questions about what soft/hardware you are using for back/forward-testing.  1) In the process of purchasing a new computer but not sure just what I should look for in terms of CPU,RAM and diskspace etc? I plan to use the computer for backtesting and also be testing...
  Add Reverse trade  (15   1 2)
hello can any one please add reverse trade option in the inputs //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| TrueScalperProfitLock.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2005, International Federation of Red Cross. | //|
Here: http://docs.mql4.com/files/fileisexist There are the instruction to handle files (down/up, read-writhe ...) I'm trying to code this to check if a file exists in web folder... Any idea how to do that? Regards
Bom dia! Uso o MT5. Quando estou usando o "Strategy Tester" para algumas datas e/ou ativos que coloco, após clicar no "Start" , recebo no "Message" a seguinte mensagem: "erro ao copiar o time da barra: 4301". Ela ocorre sempre que o meu EA tenta ler as novas barras do ativo. Alguém sabe o motivo...
  metatrader4 VPS  (2)
Is there anyone using Mt4 VPS service at the moment?  How's the service ? Is it good for hosting on mt4 VPS? *Seek for advice. :D 
I'm looking for some EA developers I can hire from time to time when I need some work done. If your English is good and you have good feedback on here please add me on Skype Dave9021021
On two separate accounts when using a specific EA I purchased my charts will update themselves after I enter a trade. The chart will go black and it will say Chart Updating. This process only last 1-2 seconds and the chart goes back to normal. Since I'm in a trade when this happens will the EA not...
Hi, Yet trying to ease the optimization process of an EA, I'm wondering how to exclude sub-param if the main param is turned to on - in a way to win time. Example : UseMA= falseMAPeriod = 15 &lt;-- don't want the optimizer to try all the period possible if UseMA is turned to false Any help...
Hi, 1.) Is it possible to add a time/date limitation to an EA? For example "available till 2015.07.30" after that date, it will not be able to use. Or something like that. 2.) Is it possible to add an account number limitation to an EA?(or something like that) For example, I'll compile the EA and...
Hello guys, Someone knows a way to authenticate an user access to use an EA through a simple file (TXT or CSV) in a web folder without DLL or mysql?I was using this simple code:extern string name = "August";extern string email = "august@email.com";extern string acc_n = "123456";...int start() { if...
Hello, Could anyone confirm if book events are or are not handled by the OnBookEvent() method when executing EA in the Strategy Tester? My personal experience is that the method is never called in test mode. Thank you, Fábio
Well, I read about 'tester' at this site and forum, but did not find an answer to my question: how can Strategy Tester MT4 present good results, that I don't see back in real trading? I use 'every tick'-mode in tester, but it seems that in real trading it makes less profits and more losses. So what...
i want to use realtime live currency correlation factor &nbsp;indicator and &nbsp;i have one indicator for entering buy/sell based on the realtime live currency correlation factor, anybody can help, kindly provide mail id, thanks in advance
Hello everyone, I want to be a new trader on this platform but first I have to get anwers for every question that bothers me :) The biggest question I want to ask is that when I use one brokers account for copying trades with subscription from this site, can I still use the same account to open
also, can i iterate through objects on chart using CObject Prev and Next methods
I have almost finished coding my first EA and exited about doing a proper backtesting soon. At first I thought I would use the data available in history center, but then this thread (link below) suggested to download data from dukascopy instead? What are you guys' opinion on this? Is the data in...
hi... I'm not a trader: I'm a programmer and, starting from there, I created a nice little neural EA, tested it, and it work great! My problem is in the lot size: the original example program use the minimum size, like this lot_size=SymbolInfoDouble(my_symbol,SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN); that was good...
[Deleted]
  why ???  (11   1 2)
last hour doing backtest on mt5 , tester graph showed good performance but now like this... can anyone tell me why ?
Dear fellow traders, I am going to ask you most probably a very stupid question and most probably this question was asked many times before but I am willing to take a risk here. Do Expert Advisors really work in the long term? Do they work at all? I have used them in the past just to see my...
Hi, I'd like to know when a deal is closed by hitting a SL how to detect it ? By browsing the history I can know if the deal has been closed or not, but how to read the way the deal is closed (sl hit) ?
Hi, I have written an EA in mql 4 based on moving average crossover confirmed by ADX. On comilation, meta editor is giving warnings as shown in figure. However,this EA is working fine in strategy tester on EURUSD 1 hr chart. Can anybody help me to rectify the warnings. Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hello forum, good day. I need help identifying why am I getting an Array Out of Range error so I can solve this. What I'm trying to do is to move right and left 'N' number of bars from a certain point in a Moving Average. The problem occurs 10 bars or so after starting the Strategy Tester. I have...
  Hide "dependencies" DLL  (12   1 2)
Hi, is there any function in MQL to hide "dependencies" DLL in EA? Thx.
  SCANNER  (2)
I NEED A SCANNER THAT WOULD SCAN FROM A DAILY CHART AND COME UP WITH A CURRENCY IN A 3-5 DAY RETRACEMENT (3-5 RED BARS ) AND ON THE 4TH - 6TH DAY A GREEN FORMS, WHOSE -LOW IS HIGHER THAN THE PREVIOUS BAR'S LOW. - HIGH IS HIGHER THAN THE PREVIOUS BAR'S HIGH. -CLOSE IS HIGHER THAN THE...
I need help with learning the VTS (Visual Traders Studio). I am looking for a Consultant/Trainer in VTS to help me with creating EA's.