Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 294

Presets  (3)
Would anyone know why presets on my EA are not loading. When attaching to chart they show up in the window when I load them, but when I press OK the default sets only show up? I wondered if I have set something wrong on MT4 or in the VPS hosting
Hey guys, I am trying to code an EA that takes positions every time the MACD (21, 48, 3) crosses 0. However, this code takes positions when the EMA 21 and EMA 48 cross. I believe my issue is that I incorrectly coded the calculation: EMA 48 - EMA 21. Can anyone please help me solve this issue? I
I have a simple short question. If I run an expert that work on M1 chart(no need very very accurate , no need low accurate) from 1.1.2017 to 1.2.2017 in real account of a broker, Then I do a backtest 99% on 1.1.2017 to 1.2.2017 (tick data of same broker)  IS THE RESULT SAME by 99% accuracy ? (if no...
I have 2 equations written in my code (actually more but just to keep it simple), both should have exactly the same result. When I tested it though it turned out not to be true because when I did : if(value1==value2){ ....... } The code was not executed. So I decided to Print these two values and...
  Profit Range EA  (5)
Hi there guys, I'm new to all this and I've been doing okay recently but I always been thinking of something exists (if it doesn't then I'd be willing to pay for it to make it a thing at some point) but basically I want an EA that has a range for profit so imagine if I want whatever currency to hit...
  VPS Cancellation  (1)
When I cancel the Server during the month,  can I restart it within the same month without paying again for the same month ?  How do I know when there is no left-over EA in the VPS when I clear all EAs ?
Hello, I'm trying to automatically take screenshots of charts that have Indicators on them but sometimes the indicator windows are empty. I'm guessing it is because the Expert Advisor tries to capture the image the same moment the Indicator is redrawn. For example the two screenshots below were...
  Which EA Builder Tool Is Best?  (36   1 2 3 4)
Hi, I've stumbled upon <link removed> and <link removed>. I suspect there are even more EA building tools out there. Which is best? Give your view here of which EA builder you prefer and why. I'll start - Between the two I checked out, I preferred <link removed> for its simplicity. However, I had to...
I need to run about 5 terminals on one vps Could anyone recommend a VPS for that?
It has happened more than once that I open my virtual machine (google cloud) and Metatrader is closed. I'm pretty sure that I've left both Metatrader and the bots ON. What I'm doing is opening the Metatrader and turn on the robots again (when possible before the market opens). Do you know what the...
ShutdownTerminal=trueServer=ETXCapital-Demo ServerLogin=7001248Password=xxxEnableNews=falseScript=batchGenSymbolsDataPeriod=M5Symbol=SP500_SBReport=ReportSP500_SBM5ReplaceReport=true I have tried: ShutdownTerminal=1ShutdownTerminal=trueShutdownTerminal=True I cannot get the script to close...
Hello there? This will be simple for someone but I can't seem to get my head round it. I wish to add an extern bool "UseTimer" to an EA so that it will only trade between the times set by the user but I am unsure on how to write the function and indeed the extern setting options can anyone help
Hi there I’m considering to subscribe signals. Have few questions not sure if any one with experience can shed some lights here. 1. How to know the minimum balance requirement and leverage criteria of specific signals? Most of the signals overview didn’t mention. 2. If I want to adjust the lot size
  Proposal for joint activities  (117   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
We need 2-3 professional testers (programmers). The task: to determine the optimal structure of the Expert Advisor on the break-even scheme, which has the highest profitability. From me - complete theoretical scheme of such trading strategy. From me - testing and optimization of Expert Advisors
Hi Is possible to make script in MQL5 that trail opened Buying position and then make Close position....?! BR
Hi there, i am having a hard time trying to figure out why this script below is opening more than one position, as you can see, it opens a sell order when all the criteria are true, the problem is, when price hits stop(high) or take profit(lowestprice) and goes back to order price(close) it reopens...
It would be nice to be able to debug a local development server on a common local-server port, like 8080 for example. Is this only possible with winapi? 
Hello, I have a problem when my testing interval starts in Sunday. I used current time for starting point (marked in yellow). If the EA starts in Sunday I do not accept data. When the EA is already started - no problems. Can somebody gave me a solution? CopyBuffer(Handler, 0, TimeCurrent(), 100,...
hi, how are you?? I want to obtain the values from int volumenreal = iVolumes (_Symbol, PERIOD_CURRENT, VOLUME_REAL); int volumentics = iVolumes (_Symbol, PERIOD_CURRENT, VOLUME_TICK); this is the result I get in the chart... but I need a little help... how I can return the values that...
Hello. I would like my expert advisor to create 2 lines, where the high and low of a certain timeframe (10:00 until 11:00) is. When compiling my code doesnt not seem to have an error, but it stops working while backtesting because array is out of range (47,70) (there is only a comment in line 47)....
Hi, Im looking for a way to retrieve the last closed order/deal/position close time, possibly in datetime. Ive searched for various solutions, but none seem to work, Anyone with Ideas ? Thanks
I have discovered that my EA does something weird, to explain, most days of the week once it closes it all my trades my balance woul dbe more than my balance when the day started, I found out that the days it was less is because of swap fees. I tried finding a solution for this but there is very...
Will anybody be interested to learn and teach how to setup functional EA's with optimul performance?
Hi , I have an indicator that draws arrow with each doji found on the charts . But with the drawings , it does not indicate any windgings object , but instead it displays a green cross .  Here are the codes lines :  #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property...
Hi everyone, Sorry to bother you for that but I am a beginner and I do not understand why my EA doe not work. I mean that the code is working but when I do a back-test, it seems that the EA doesn't enter in the market. Could you maybe help me? Best regards. Stefan Hanssen  
Hey, can someone kindly assist me with coding a SMA(10) The Moving Average settings= Period: 10 Shift: 0 MA method: Simple Apply to: Previous Indicator’s Data on a RSi(10) The Period: 10 Apply to: Close and we add the 45 and 55 levels to the RSI. I can't seem to get it right. What code do I use at
Hi,  In mql5 EA i have this problem when modifying LotSize, which is initially set as input. i want to use this code     if(LotSize > maxvol) LotSize = maxvol;   if(LotSize < minvol) LotSize = minvol;    But returns constant cannot be changed! Thanks in advance
Hi MQL5 experts, Can you please point me in the direction of some documentation that explains how to retrieve data from the MT5 economic calendar into an indicator or EA. Regards, Tim
I had a very curious problem with a multidimensional array which I just can't figure out. I first made an array like this: double MyArray[][2]; So I had an array consisting of dimensions with 2 items in the second dimension, both of which I used for some calculations in my code. I then looked at the
For the sake of User Experience, and my EA have a little screen over the Main Chart, I would like to give the user a more visual and easy way  to access again the Properties/Inputs screen of the EA, without counting on him to find and click on the traditional little icon on the top-right corner of...