Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 301

Hello, I have this EA that auto change the timeframe every 5 seconds (M1-M5-M15-M30-H1) This is almost perfect, but I have one request, can you please help me edit this so that it change the timeframe of all pairs. Because apparently it only change the timeframe of attached pair. Thank you very much...
Hi there, I created my first expert advisor ( I'm an experienced programmer but new to mql5 ) and it performs very well on the strategy tester making lots of profit. However, when I use it on my demo account it quickly makes a loss and never even looks like making a profit. I'm using the Bollinger...
I would like help with this EA, when I set the "Risk%" parameter of this EA it opens 2.00K orders in the index. I am testing with 1% risk, but regardless of the value of risk and the value of the balance it always opens 2.00K, I will leave below the part of the code that deals with "Risk%", please
I like to develop ea or script. but my question is. is it possible to come up chart . My problem I can see the details chart. But not working. so I want to come up the list of chart in my script or ea. how it is possible? check the screenshot
Anyone know a beautiful giude of backtesting and optimization mode ? Beacause i want know what testing for know what, A good empirical guide/articles/site/ecc Thanks at all
Hi all, Assumed the stratergy is simple. It is based on the RSI cross over. If crosses over 70 -> go short. If crosses under 30 -> go long. My question: In this case will you use the shift1 for previous and shift0 for the current, or use the shift2 for previous and the shift1 for cirrent? I've seen...
Hi, how can i realise it? I want to sell an ea to market. but the moderator told me that. Please do not close the product strictly, you can just show message in logs. I have an Ea with different indicators working. Now i want to check the indicators parameters are correct....
Subject: Error message: failed modify #2 sell 0.10 EURUSD sl: 0.00000, tp: 0.00000 -> sl: 1.22924, tp: 1.20924 [Position doesn't exist] Hi, I''m new to mql5 and I'm having an issue getting the same error message over and over again no matter what I try. I have not been able to find any previous...
Hello,  I'm trying to write a simple Expert Advisor or Script that will send an overview of my current account status via an e-mail message.  However I want to run this EA or Script on a specific time. The only way I know is using the " OnTick() "function but that will be a nightmare because my...
[Deleted]
Dear Metatraders, I am receiving an error when trying to execute an order, it is giving me an unknown retcode 0 in the backtesting Any idea why ? Many thanks, //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                PlacingOrders.mq5...
Hi, first: Sorry if it is a noob question, I started to learn mql5 last week so i'm trying to do... Basically, i have two EA: One that I first run on "history data" mode (metaeditor: debug->start profiling on history data), which will "train" with data from the three last years. When the DeInit...
Just unpack LogViewer.jar from ZIP-archive in some folder. Description is available in Russian topic - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/226382. There are just a couple of screenshots in order to explain to use it. Hope it will help to somebody too.
Hi, i need to find our which day of the week was a previous candle in an EA MT5 start and finish time datetime timeC[]; ArraySetAsSeries(timeC,true); CopyTime(NULL,0,0,1000,timeC);  string t=timeC[500]; Print(EnumToString((ENUM_DAY_OF_WEEK)t));  //??????? looking for a result like Monday,tuesday,......
It turns out that optimization using remote farm network agents blocks when a DLL is available in the code. The exact message is (are): And this makes sense to me. I fully understand why Metatrades would do this. So my fix, for when I use remote agents, is to use a compiler directive. When the...
Hi, I'm trying to develop  a Walk Forward test in my EA, but i'm running in a problem. I can get the statistics of the pass inside the  OnTesterPass() via frameadd, but i cant pass an array of object to frameadd.. Then I try to get HistoryDeals, but it returns a lot of deals, but for the symbol I'm...
Hi guys, Need some little help.. Does anybody knows a smart way to detect EA runing on a MQL Virtual Server to allow desactivating Objects functions.. Thank to you all..
Hi. I have this EA mend a Family member have been working on for a while now. It works great but once in a while I get an error "order failed [Off quotes] We have been trying to fix it with no luck. Can someone please assist to sort out this small issue. I have added the EA in mq4 script if anyone...
Check this program I am trying to get the values of the Stochastic #include <Lib CisNewBar.mqh>CisNewBar current_chart; // instance of the CisNewBar class: detect new tick candlestickvoid OnTick(){if(current_chart.isNewBar() > 0){int stoch = iStochastic(_Symbol,PERIOD_M1,5,3,3,MODE_SMA...
I am opening this topic in the hope to collect useful information about the advantages of object oriented programming versus procedural programming. Also, this topic is language independent as mql4 and mql5 offer the same OOP language (except some new advanced features not yet available in mql4 at
Hi, cananyone give me a suggestion? I am preparing an EA for CFD in MT4. The EA  would mostly use limit orders. But when Imanually put limit orders with take profit I see that often there is aslippage. In my calculation it redcue gain of 20% compared to gain without slippage.  So,  in the EA,...
Hi coders, How can I quit a specific pass on optimization and go for the next one? Thank you
for(int x=PositionsTotal();x>=0;x--){      ulong ticket = PositionGetTicket(x);            if(PositionSelectByTicket(ticket)){         string positionGetInteger_Type ;        // switch syntax         switch((int)PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE)) {         case 0:positionGetInteger_Type = "Buy...
  ROBOT WITH M1  (4)
Hello I have a robot in MT4 which works fine with all time frames, except M1, no outputs, no trades, why is that ??
Olá Estou tentando fazer um EA MQL4 que está rodando sem erros e até abre posições de compra ou venda mas o ST e o TK não são preenchidos Esta são as linhas  :   result=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"EA tresButton.mq4",16384, 0,Blue);...
Hi,  I am having some issues identifying the tops and lows in a indicator. Can someone give me a hand with this?
I would like to make a robot for placing order and close,  Any one can help in this regard. please contact with me.
Hi. I have indicator for binary options which work on forex charts. Unlucky on BO charts gives less ITM than forex. (65% on BO charts and 74% on forex). There are 120 trades a month. Expiry 5 minutes. Indicator works well, doesn't paint. I was playing before on GDMFX manually but they do not let me...
Hi all. I'm trying to built a 'relative price index' based on a number of major world Indexes: S&P500, DAX30, EUR50, CAC40, SWISS20, JPN225 and UK100.  My problem is that the calculated output is not reliable. Sometimes it works but often the indicator skips data and the average price is not correct...
Hi All, i am trying to convert double to string in MQL5, the NormalizeDouble is such a failure as it get numbers such as 0.07000000000000001 and 0.9399999999999999 i have created the below function, but it can only filter our cases as 0.9399999999999999, but fails with 0.07000000000000001  double...