Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 293

I'm trying to get this EA to work(https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/139) but it isn't closing all open positions when the 5 zone stop is hit. Only one position is closed. Also having trouble getting the close_on_teeth stop to close all positions when price closes beyond the "teeth." Any insights...
Is there an auto-optimiser for MT5 terminal which will automatically optimise specified EA parameters of an EA everyday for last couple of days of past data? I just want the MT5 optimiser to run the optimisation for last 3 to 5 days of past data and it is not necessary to retrieve the optimised...
I need help with creating an EA. I have the chart templates and indicators to use, the system work very well manually, now I want to let it auto trade. Anyone who can help with writing it please
[Deleted]
Hi guys I am working on this GRID EA and I don’t know how to replace a Limit Order after a Market Order at each level touch take profit.  As I show on this picture when I execute EA it send 5 orders to server. 1 Market Order, 4 pending orders (2 Stop Orders and 2 Limit Orders). When Market Order...
[Deleted]
  error 4756  (4)
hello, i'm using the CTrade class and i use positionmodify() to have trailing stops however each time the expert advisor has to modify the position i get the 4756 error, here is a pic of the errors : any ideas about what's causing this
The EA I wrote three months ago can not pass the test now, but it used working well in MetaQuotes-Demo server . Is there anybody that met the same problem? The Error code is always like "failed instant sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.38103 sl: 1.38253 tp: 1.38053 [Invalid request]" and " OrderSend failed with
Dear Experts, could you pls help me on this one? What might be the reason for this error? I checked "OrderCheck(mrequest,mcheckresult)" and I receive error 10013 - any idea? Best
  MT4/MT5 data flow  (17   1 2)
I'm currently converting my EA from Pro Real Time to MT4. I'm currently an IG customer and I checked on the graph I'm using (GBPJPY M5) that both MT4 and PRT are displaying the same quotation (ie : Bid, Ask are exactly the same). However when I look in the data window of MT4 and PRT. There are
First I have to tell you the objective of my EA, I try to create a single side (buy only or sell only) grid ea that opening x pips away from current ask with Buy limit and Buy Stop and take profit at x pips Ex. 300 pips Grid will be >>> #1 Ask = 0.00300 tp at 0.00600 and #2 BuyStop at 0.00600 tp at...
we have two functions... one called buy the other sell buy function opens ten orders and have one condition if order 1 hits tp it goes to order2 and if order 2 hits tp it goes to order 3 and so on the sell function has the same condition but the ordertype is a sell my question is about stoploss ((...
Hey all, Right now am automatizing my process of optimizing and running tests, I have one question: I want that the terminal automatically exports the single test report in .xlsx format, but when I try to specify Report=\abcd.xlsx on the .ini conf file, it still exports the report as abcd.xlxs.htm...
Hi I am running into some problems with my code: timeAndDateArray[ 3 ]={ "2018.07.20 8:29" , "2018.07.20 8:30" , "2018.07.20 8:31" }; int i = 0 ; for (i= 0 ; i<= 2 ;i++){ printf ( iClose ( "USDCAD" , PERIOD_M1 , iBarShift ( "USDCAD" , PERIOD_M1 , StrToTime (timeAndDateArray[i])))); } This just
I'm running two similar EA's on the same symbol in a demo account to compare the behavior between them. But it is very difficult to understand the visual comparison because the MT5 join the indications of trade of both EA's in the symbol graph. Someone know how to make a visual comparison easier?
I need an ea that stops other ea if spread is too high.
Hi, I like to know if functions like:HistorySelect(), and HistoryDealGetTicket() are being allowed during backtesting. In other words, does History cache gets filled with the simulated trades?
Hello I designed a robot and I have trouble running it on several pairs at a time ...   can you help me ?
I want to set my TP based on a target % of my account balance. Example: Balance=$100 Lotsize=0.01 EURUSD Target % profit = 0.5% of balance Once I have the $value per point I can then calculate my TP   
Hello, I am new under MT I use to trade with PRT, I am testing some EA on MT4 and I would like to know how :  - to change trade number label by date ?  - to have more time of test ? Thanks in advance AF
Many traded instruments start trading session not at full hour, e.g. US stocks, some indexes and commodities. In MT4, when the first bar starts for example at 8.30, all subsequent 1H bars will start at 9.30, 10.30 etc. But there's significant difference with MT5 platform. It starts the first bar at
Hi there, I am wondering how to figure out the close price and time, when a position was closed by its corresponding stop loss. The picture shows a part of the history. The original position id was 1253268, it contains no entries for profit or loss. The corresponding stop loss is below, 1253269,...
Hi, I've been working on a EA for some months and got some very interesting results without optimization. Below is a graph using fixed 0.01 lots from 2012 to 2017 on EURUSD: The problem is that in 2012 there was a situation where my account could have easily reached a margin call (I mean, it reached...
Hi I need help with coding in EA to 'print margin utilized for symbol'  If I have EAs running on 3 different currency charts, the EA on each of those charts should only print the margin utilized by that chart symbol.  Taking on new orders for that symbol would have EA on its chart to recalculate and...
What is the best Expert Martingale?
OrderOpenTime () is ORDER_TIME_SETUP I already looked at OrderGetInteger () HistoryOrderGetInteger () But it's all confusing.
hi one part of the expert i'm working on has this loop that i have problem making it the loop goes like this :   it opens 10 orders and when all the ten orders are opened it terminates conditions:1- before the loop begins to work the expert opens a buy order if that buy order hits tp the first order...
hi i found an ea here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/12598 but i want it to reopen trade again at original setup on trendline after closing at break even or stop loss until trend line is removed by me.  Also need breakeven.  And partial closure. can anyone do it please
Hi, Although SendMail works very fine when I test it in the Metatrader menu (on my Gmail account), it doesn't work at all on none of my 9 EAs.  How should I approach this error?  Thank you for your support. 
Hi everyone, I am new to Metaeditor. I have programmed one strategy (quite simple) for TradingView, and now I would like to make it automatic. I have been fighting with Metaeditor, but so far no luck in programming it. Could any of you help me in coding it? or at least give me some help so I can do...
I was planning to publish this free EA with the MT4 market, however because it calls user32 DLL, it's not allowed as a market product. So I'm putting it here. Manual Back Tester (MBT) allows discretionary trader to test their strategy with strategy tester using hot keys control entry and exit...
Hi, While reviewing the trades executed last week I've noticed that (apparently) one of my EAs initiated a trade on the Live account (at hours 3.00 on 12.07.18)  but it didn't also re-initiated it on the Strategy tester (that I ran today 15.07.18). It seems that one of the criteria was met on the...