Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 299

I know there is a maximum to how many notifications I can be sent at one time. Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous alerts you can receive? I am asking because I created an indicator to send an alert to my computer and a notification on my phone if certain conditions are met. I am...
Hello Everyone!, I'm at the end of my rope and need help please. I have searched MQL5 forums and google, didn't understand MQL5 manual documentation Getting Errors and not able to move forward - please help (journal & mq5 files attached)              // Alert: The Sell order request could not be...
First of all, I'm sorry for my bad English. I have an EA. If price doesn't touch the T/P in 20 mins, that order must be stop at current price. I don't want to wait for the price to touch the S/L. Is there any code about this?
Hi, I'd like to know the spec of the vps provided by metaquotes. I've searched across the site, but no answers. Thanks
Hey guys, need some advice. If i set a minimum and a maximum for an indicator in its own window, i can do so either in header or inside OnInit(). In OnInit() i do so using IndicatorSetDouble ( INDICATOR_MINIMUM , 0.0 ); IndicatorSetDouble ( INDICATOR_MAXIMUM , 100.0 ); Now if i later need to remove
Hi guys I do have a problem with my buyflex function, following the log 2018.04.30 03:05:34.715 2018.01.23 17:10:19   failed request buy 1.00K 2 at 18.29000  sl: 18.14000 tp: 18.42000 [Invalid request] 2018.04.30 03:05:34.715 2018.01.23 17:10:19   Function: BuyOrderFlex99 Error: 10013 Invalid...
I read the article "How to Exhange Data: A DLL for MQL% in 10 Minutes." I followed the instructions, and now have a working DLL with all the sample functions of the article. I need to add a new function similar to this one (from the article): The C++ code: _DLLAPI void __stdcall fnFillArray(int...
I'm not getting the correct characters to display for the corresponding keystroke events. For example when I press the "," key I get "1/4". Am I doing something wrong? Here is my sample code: #property strict#property...
Would it be possible for someone to explain how i may be able to implement a trendline within my EA? I've tried looking for custom indicators and trying to use the setindexbuffer but cant seem to find a buffer which is related to a trendline. Would it be possible to manually draw a trendline and...
hello coders; could you just help me with a piece of MQL4 code that i can include in my EA to identify support and resistance levels Or the principle which i can make use of to code it.
Over the past decade or so I’ve always preferred manual trading and educated other people based off of that. However as technology and finance in general evolved (and my brother who worked for JP Morgan put the words “algorithmic Trading” in my head), I knew that I had to as well. However does a
Hello All, In my EA I want to send an order and monitor its individual executions, if any. To do so I implemented the OnTradeTransaction() method to intercept each execution. However, I'm experiencing different behavior when running my code in the Strategy Tester and when running it  as if in...
Hey, the Bee is back again with questions. I've read a few threads, where traders take into account the percent of risk they're ready to take. (e.g. %5 of Free Margin or so) which is understandable. then I read some EA codes and some scripts, which try to calculate the lot size, based on where
Hi there,I have been writing a few expert advisors for the past weeks and mostly they work well but for some reason I often find that on GBP currency pairs some of them only open 1 trade and no more. I have looked at the code in the debugger and I get the error "no money" when I execute OrderCheck....
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                          test_printf_rounded.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                             https://www.mql5.com...
How to check if the middle line in Bollinger indicator is some what straight or stable? See the following red circle in the image:   Kindly, let me know.
[Deleted]
Hi, I've searched for an 'upgrade' as I recently found that almost all Renko builders recalculate. I use Renko. The solution is to anchor it in time (set a start date) but i do not know how. I considered paid options but none release the source code. I get why but at the same time trust has to work
Hello, Why does this script produce a out of range ? Thanks, Pierre //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                 stOutOfRange.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
hello, I've created a custom symbol from EUR/USD. In the backtest trades are working good but there are lots of errors "2018.04.21 18:13:02.839 Core 1 2008.10.29 01:02:00  no prices for symbol USDEUR_BASKET (1970.01.01 00:00:00 0.00000, 0.00000)"  although I use only the eur/usd and not...
#include<Trade\Trade.mqh>CTrade trade;void OnTick()   {      trade.Buy()   } What do I need to add/change to the code above so that it executes a buy order only once after I run the EA? I'm only newbie. Thanks!
HI.  I am running the following code for GBP/JPY: void OnTick() {   // get last tick   double last=SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_LAST);   Print(last); or: MqlTick last_tick;    if(SymbolInfoTick(Symbol(),last_tick)) {       Print(last_tick.time,": Bid = ",last_tick.bid, " Ask = ",last_tick.ask...
Hi, I just switched from MT4 to MT5 and what a pain converting from MQL4 to MQL5. A major problem I cannot solve is how to have several orders (MT4) in the same symbol each with a different stop loss (SL). E.g. Order 1, buy opened at 1.22, SL 1.20 Order 2, buy opened at 1.25, SL 1.22 Order 3, buy...
Hi all, I have written and currently run a mulit-symbol EA in MT4which monitors and trades a portfolio of appox 300 stock-CFD’s. I have effectively re-written it for MT5 because the brokerI now prefer, uses MT5 instead. The code uses a timer initiated For Loop which cyclesthrough the symbols, tests...
hey all, does anybody know of a way to automate the generation/export of account reports? I found an EA that has been performing well - HOWEVER, I still need to do further testing and observation in real-time. I'm running MT4 on a VPN, and originally thought I could simply get a program that...
Hi community, i have an expert with some gui objects, buttons, editfields, arranged below a rectangle. When the rectangle is dragged, all the objects in it are moved accordingly. I run this on MetaTrader 4 as well as on MetaTrader 5. The code is pretty similar, except some details. Now the problem
Gentlemen, I would like to know if you know any script to update the graph with automatic frequency every 10 min. Thank you.
For me, volatility situations were always times when I decided to shutdown my EA. I felt that my servers would never be fast enough to trade news or, for example, central bank decisions. Now and then I try to keep up with new developments, so my question would be if there are any positive news about...
study(title="Steven Primo's PET-D", shorttitle="Pet-D", overlay=true) petd = ema(close, 15) up = close > petd ? green : red barcolor(up) Hope you understand what I mean!
HI, can anyone help me to explain what does 'end of test' means in Strategy Tester MT5? And I also get status with 'so 11.87%', what does it mean? TIA.
I get this error when loading metatrader from the command line with a config.ini file 2013.03.27 21:43:46 Exception Encountered an improper argument. This error happens if the following functions are contained in the EA: void OnTesterInit()void OnTesterPass()void OnTesterDeinit() I do not...