Indicators with alerts/signal - page 698

mladen:
Seems that with build 509 of metatrader IndicatorCounted() function always returns 0 when called from the offline chart - as a result it causes all the bars of the offline chart recalculated. Same thing happens with the new metatrader 4 (ested it with 3 different types of offline generating code and in all the cases the same thing happens). So it seems that you have found a bug in the metatrader 4 What you can do is to limit the maximal number of bars on chart (tools->options->max bars on chart) to 5000 (that should be enough for 99.99% of cases

Would the newer build 574 solve my problem?

Trader54:
Would the newer build 574 solve my problem?

Trader54

Did you see this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page470 ? That issue is solved (for metatrader 4 build 509 as well as for build 574). Simply the way how offline charts (in the case of multiple offline charts) are treated by coders has to be changed

Dear Masters,

When two or more of your coded alerts indicators are triggered at the same time (new 4h candle), just one pushnotification is sent but the pop up alert message bord still shows all the alerts. In this case is the same indicator in different pairs triggered at the exactly same time

This have happen before but I wasn't sure if it was my fault by messing with on/off settings so this time when turning on the alerts (early in the morning) I have done it by change values in editor and compile, so the same indicator in different pairs has the same settings, but it still just push one notification, last time I got one notification when I should have 4,tree of them where successful trades but I just grab one because was the only one I got at the work where I then go to a PC and load that chart, home PC is the one who is scanning the 17 pairs I trade,

Because the alert works ok on the message board I think this is related with my platform and not with indicators, am I right? There's anything I can do to turnaround this problem? Installing several instances or have multiples Pc's is my only solution?

Thank you by your replay in advance,

panchito:
Dear Masters,

When two or more of your coded alerts indicators are triggered at the same time (new 4h candle), just one pushnotification is sent but the pop up alert message bord still shows all the alerts. In this case is the same indicator in different pairs triggered at the exactly same time

This have happen before but I wasn't sure if it was my fault by messing with on/off settings so this time when turning on the alerts (early in the morning) I have done it by change values in editor and compile, so the same indicator in different pairs has the same settings, but it still just push one notification, last time I got one notification when I should have 4,tree of them where successful trades but I just grab one because was the only one I got at the work where I then go to a PC and load that chart, home PC is the one who is scanning the 17 pairs I trade,

Because the alert works ok on the message board I think this is related with my platform and not with indicators, am I right? There's anything I can do to turnaround this problem? Installing several instances or have multiples Pc's is my only solution?

Thank you by your replay in advance,

Wonder if it possibly could be your mobile provider.

Could someone add an alert on the bar close to this signal please....much appreciated

mrtools:
Wonder if it possibly could be your mobile provider.

I see, ok I will try a different provider tomorrow to see how it goes,

Thank you,

Arecibo:
Could someone add an alert on the bar close to this signal please....much appreciated

Arecibo

Here is a version with alerts added

Can I ask a favor on the attached indicator.

I use a different Value Chart to produce the bars but use the attached for alerts.

I have tried a Value Chart indicator from here that has alerts but they actual bars plot a touch different and I would prefer to stay with the one I have (unfortunately only ex4 for the ValueChart indicator).

So... can you please take a look at the attached and see if you can fix the programming.

I believe the alert is programmed poorly because it does the following.

1) if price hits a level (6 example) it alerts... then pulls back and hits again .. another alert and on and on...

2) it also alerts if price is coming DOWM from say 7 to 6 it alerts again with the over and over if it ticks up above 6 and back down.

Request(s)

1) AlertOnCurrent (I believe that would be it) - so that it only alerts 1 time per candle at the different levels 6, 8, 10 (or whatever level numbers you input)

2) NO alert if coming the other direction .. from 7 down to 6 I don't see where that needs to be alerted.

3) not sure if you can do this but would be cool to have different alert sounds for the 3 different levels

Thanks in advance if you can do this.

Will save my ears as the alerts are out of control as this one is.

ces

Files:

Hi mladen, mrtool,etc

Please fix this alert on this indi.

there is setting but there is no alert or popup message.

all sound is fail function.

congestionbreakoutv2.mq4

Thanks

Files:

kalawe:
Hi mladen, mrtool,etc

Please fix this alert on this indi.

there is setting but there is no alert or popup message.

all sound is fail function.

congestionbreakoutv2.mq4

Thanks

Try it out now

Reason: