MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 402

I searched the forum and did not find a solution to my problem, so I'm opening a new thread. I do not rule out that the solution has been published somewhere, but I can not find it. If so, please, let me know and provide a link to the solution. I created EA in MQL4 - a market scanner that works on...
How can ChartApplyTemplate() be use on Expert Advisor and reuse after short interval like 15mins. Is this more relevant in MT5? Anyone with much knowledge on this?.Thank you.
Hello all, I am versed in Java and C++ and have recently dived into MQL4. I have 3 indicators that must all meet an agreement before triggering an alert/arrow, etcetera. I designed a trading platform written in Java that utilizes a webdriver in order to execute a series of trades using an online
Hello there. I want to use the MT4 platform on the tablet. But when I open the MT4 platform on the tablet, the screen is automatically horizontal. I want to use the screen as perpendicular. How do I do this on my android system?
Please, Anyone knows the correct path for storage of MT4 templates. example path: path= 'MT4\terminal\files\example.tpl'. your experienced and correct knowledge  as well as suggestion of the above is much appreciated. Thank you.
In MT4, how can I see the name of my chart template that is currently applied? - indicators with ctrl + i - objects with ctrl + b - and templates? How can I switch templates with a hotkey? - indicators/EA' s with alt + [key] (from ctrl + n) - profile with ctrl + F5, profile name at bottom (see...
Hi all, I want to open only one trade at the same bar. I use M5 timefrime. My EA opens trades according to some rules. However, I want to open only one trade in a bar. Do you have any idea how I can do that? Best wishes.
i am trying to use Heiken Ashi to told trend of that candle i just want color or number of color index from hieken ashi  from Heiken Ashi code //--- input color ExtColor1 = Red;    // Shadow of bear candlestick input color ExtColor2 = White;  // Shadow of bull candlestick input color ExtColor3 =...
Hi, i have tried to download a couple free indicators from the Market into MT4 - with no result. When i do it from the website, the button "Yes, I have MT4" does nothing in Chrome, or in Firefox it gives the message that "there is no program associated with this kind of link", and the address bar...
  Double Entry  (1)
Hi my EA have some issue that it can double entry the position with the same magic number..  im already using this logic as my header code but it can entry twice..  if (orderposition(100) != 0 ) {  condition of trade } can someone give me a hint how to make it not entry twice the same magic number...
Indeed, I created my own robot on metaeditor 4. After compiling it, I did not notice any error, but when I put it in backtest, I noticed that no purchase or sale order is not performed. I have tried it several times, trying to start it from the graph but still no order! Help me, please! I'm...
hello, I use metrader 4 for a very long time but since some day if I try to place an order my batch remains at 9999.00 and do not let me change it suddenly I can not do any transaction, and this problem comes back to my cell and web application trader too, my broker is ava trade, I do not understand...
How to know the lever of my account on MT4.I know how to see it on the Smartphone app but I do not know where I can find it on the computer version.Could someone tell me?
Hi all, I try to get values about an indicator called MACDMomentum.  I download it from the mql5.com.  It has values MACD (histogram), Signal (yellow line), Momentum (red line). I try to get its values for my EA. However, I don't know how I get them. The indicator code's is as follows; //---...
While researching Code Base, I came across a script and a script The first one intercepts the codes of the pressed keys and the second one uses them. So it's not quite clear to me which codes correspond to the buttons. i.e. for example how to find out the code of pressing Ctrl+R. the command starts
Hello, i have a question. I found that lot calculation in https://www.mql5.com/en/code/viewcode/7749/105580/lot_lib.mqh Can someone explain me this? lot = _AccountBalance * 0.01 / iATR( Symbol(), Period(), 20, 1 ) / lotcost * 4 * Point; is this the same as i tried to use in my ea? int margin=(int)...
Hello Guys, I'm looking for open source historic data. Just EURUSD and GBPUSD I need, nothing very particular, last ten years maybe. Is it possibile to find something open source and easy to install, because all the sources I have found like TickStory or TickDataManager ask for a monthly or yearly
My expert closes some orders NOT from TP and SL like it should, but for no apparent reason at price 0.00000, and in the journal it shows "close order#(order details here)....at price 0.00000" All the normal closes from TP and SL show up under the Experts tab instead of the journal tab. what would...
I am trying to close a Open BUY trade after it goes below 20 pips, but instead it closes after 1 pip. void OnTick()  {     double high = High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,4,1)];     //Close Buy   if ((high-Close[1]) <= 20*Point)     {         if(IsTradeAllowed())         myOrderClose(OP_BUY, 100,...
Please i need someone to please tell me how to merge 2 indicators so that they can come out as one.The indicators that i want to merge are CCI and MACD . i read something that i want to try out but the writer did not include how to merge indicators. Thanks all
I have a Cent account with $500 USD in it (shows as 50,000 in MT4) I'm following a signal with a $2000 account. So, I have invested 1/4 of his account, but because of the Cent account, shouldn't that be seen as 25 times more?  I have my percentage use set to 95%.  Todays trading shows a problem....
Please what is the inverse of the following function: iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_D1,DateTime); I wish to get the date of a candle. Thanks in advance.
Starting this thread to use it to post different types of trailing stop Ea's, would like to start it with my favorite Volty trailing stop on jurik Ea. This is a mod of Mladen's Ema trailing stop Ea changed out the ma with the volty on jurik, also added the atr risk calculation. This Ea you can...
BULLISH/BEARISH Bar counter code Hi guys i`m having problem creating a bar counter code.Basically this indicator would be a statistical tool for me and it would help me very much with my market research. It would count how many  BEARISH bars appear and BULLISH bars at the next candle of certain time...
Hi all, I am developing a forex robot, and I only have one question. I would like to establish a condition which can be given in six candles, previous. The objective is that if the high points of any of the 6 previous candles, is above the tenkansen (ichimoku) we enter the market. For this I know...
Hi All, I have an interesting situation, where i need order select filtering the still opened from closed trades, via ticket in a loop. This is the code i am using :          if(!OrderSelect(tkt[i].last_ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET))            continue;         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) and from...
Hi all, I am doing backtest. I notice a thing.  There must be take profit #6 instead os take profit #13 because order 6 is closed by take profit. Also, after from order 6 to order 13, there are many closed orders which is closed by take profit. Why? Do you have any ideas?  Best.
Hi all, I want to select my closed order on back test. I use foolowing code; if(OrderSelect(tickets,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY==true))  }   datetime ctm=OrderCloseTime();   if(ctm!=0){           closed=true; However, Orderselect says always false. What should I do? Best. Murat Y.
Hi all, I try to save a string to a csv file. However, I couldn't do that. I search it on forum although I get an aswer, I couldn't do that again. My code is as follows;    int filehandle=FileOpen("MQL4\\Files\\updated_Q.csv",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV);    string str="Hello!";   Print("filehandle=",...
  How is your code organized?  (20   1 2)
Hi, I'd like to hear opinion from other coders about which way of organizing their complex EA code works best for them. I'm assuming if you have an EA which totals 1000+ lines of code, you don't normally put all the code in the main EA mq4 but rather have bunch of header files you include and/or...