MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1204

I want to calculate the average price of curreny EUR/USD for the first hour of the trade, mathematically this is achieved as follow: TotalSum = everyTick price Then the TotalSum is divided by the number of Ticks added to each other. How do I implement this into an EA?
hi am traying to make a simple indicator that put a vertical line after a numbr of bars.....example.....i will enter the date and time and the indicator will draw a vertical line after 25 bar my code is as follow.......but need some help to finish it......  ************** this is the last code that...
Hi, I ran into a problem, which is too high for me at the moment. The idea is that if a trade was profitable, no new trade should be opened that day. If the trade was a losing trade, a new trade should be opened (if meets the conditions of course). To solve it, I creared a variable: int Profitable;...
Hello, I am looking for a partner to build an EA. I have a good background in Programming (C++, Java, etc...) and also some experience in trading. The thing is that i don't have a complete trading system..... I am then looking for someone to join me as a partner. We may discuss about concepts &...
[Deleted]
For some forex traders, they have chosen to let the experts do the forex analysis for them. Maybe they have already tried doing the technical and fundamental analysis on their own and realized that they are not really cut for it. So they just rely on the forex experts and listen to their opinions...
[Deleted]
hi there, I have a demo account at instaforex... MT4 only loads the historical datal back to 1999, is it possible to load everything starting with 1970?thx
  A question for MQL connoisseurs  (101   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Good day to all! My question is as follows: how can I make an indicator recalculate itself no more often than a certain number of times per second, for example no more than 2 times. The Sleep function does not work in indicators
[Deleted]
Hi all, i have only one problem remaining to be able to finish my EA. I wrote the following code in the beginning of the start function to show me the profit of the last closed Sell trade, the problem is that it brings me the first closed Sell trade profit and remains on that number and never...
  Anyway
Buy on left Sell on right indicator is perfect
[Deleted]
If I put slippage of let's say 10, what does it mean with a 5 digit broker and what does it mean with a 4 digit broker? My guess is that with 5 digit broker, it's a slippage of 0.00001 and with 4 digit, it's 0.0001, but is that really so?
[Deleted]
My expert uses double, that is, when a loss trade occurs the lot will be multiplied, so when there are many consecutive losses, the lots go crazy until there are no more margin to open the latest new doubled lot, so how can i let the expert scan for the margin and see if it can open a particular...
[Deleted]
I have written an indicator that gives me an alert when Stochastic gets over 80 or under 20, but it alerts me the second it hits the parameters, and what I would like is for it to only alert me if over 80 or under 20 when the current timeframe bar closes. Can anyone help me out with that? Here is...
Hi: Thanks for taking a look at my question. I am trying to get my robot to open trades only when the current price is within 20pips of the moving average, I am using a 30M chart for such. How can I express the current price without using LOW or HIGH? Is it possible to use Bid or Ask?...
[Deleted]
  Your First Trade  (1)
You may have already done your research all over the internet. You may have already read all the help e-books and forex trading manuals that you could get your hands on. You may have already scoured the various forex forums online and exchanged ideas with some forex traders about topics ranging from...
Does anybody have the holy grail to know whether the market (in the considerd\ed Time Frame) 1- is in uptrend or downtrend? 2- wether the present long/short signal is a trend reversal I am building an EA to swing trade in market direction only. My entry points are good but not always in phase with
[Deleted]
Hi can someone please look at this code and edit it to remove orderdelete 4108 and orderclose 138 thankyou.Ive been trying for days and cannot do it!!the expert works ok but has lots of errors in the journal please..please..assist
Has anybody program like in subject?
  Zero Divide  (4)
Hi, I have a proble when during a Strategy Testing i always get an error "zero divide". The only division I have are these lines - Proportion1=(Close0-Open0)/(Close0-Open1); Proportion2=(Close2-Open2)/(Open1-Close1); Proportion3=(Close0-Open0)/(Close2-Open2);...
[Deleted]
Hello, I search the algorithm how the ticks for a candel are calculated when a backtest with kontrollpoints is make, can somebody help me with that?
[Deleted]
Hi, I am getting Invalid Function Parameter Value at below line in my EA. OrderClose( OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), NormalizeDouble(MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_BID),5), 15, CLR_NONE ); Can somebody highlight the problem in above statement. thanks in advance.
Hi all, I'm have a custom indicator I have developed, that have 7 buffers. The indicator runs ok, because I get painted on screen what I want, but when I want to get the buffers values using iCustom I allways get '0' as value. So taking into account that MT4 does not have a debugger, I begin to put...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am intending to run a tradecopier on my metatrader4 platform from FxPro brokerage and seems like upon registering the EA, the platform crashes with a seemingly weird message. this is all it got to say at the end of crash all the time: ------- There has been a critical error Time : 2011...
Hi all, in the moment i fight with a - for me - strange problem i cant solve until now. In an EA i have few indicators... also custom indicators... The same EA (Exact same!) and same Indicators are running on two MetaTrader Installations for 2 different brokers since November 2010 since few days...
[Deleted]
Greetings, I open a 1-minute chart, scroll back several months, and then go to open an offline chart, but there is not a 2-minute offline chart available to open. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
Hi, In my downloaded history Files of various pairs with 3 different brokers there are data missing in May and June 2010. I can't find a way to fix the gap. Deleting and downloading with Administrator rights did not work. I hope somebody is so kind to give me an advice how to get the missing data so...
  Error in code  (1)
Hello friends this is checkmail and have an Indicator which is to display up and down arrows on adr levels but its not displaying it when attached to charts. Could anyone correct the code. Here is the code : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
So the new MT4 from OANDA runs under Linux with WINE 1.3 and a winetricks install of vcrun6. I want to install OANDA MT4 on OS X using WineBottler but cannot get the Winetricks configuration quite right. WineBottler can create an OS X bundle from terminal.exe with Winetricks vcrun6, and MT4 opens...
Metaquotes should consider running both a 2009 MT4 AND/or a VERSUS 2009 MT5 Championship...because MT5 is a totally different platform and not related to MT4 in most ways...a side by side " Championship" challenge would show the possibilities of BOTH... WE all know MT5 would totally FLOP though...,...
[Deleted]
Hi I need help writing function. How to use MQL to calculate static TP for all open positions so that Tp was set price to Profit 10 pips or 10$?