MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1208

[Deleted]
hi all, i'm trying to learn how to code, but i faced a problem now. I tried to incorporate the EMA_Angle indicator into an EA as a filter. My code below works when I just go long if maAngle > EntryAngle_Threshold and short when maAngle < -EntryAngle_Threshold. int ema(){double maAngle;...
  Showing Pips  (2)
Hello, Using MT4 with a EA i downloaded, the results are in the Terminal in Euro's. Is it possible to show the results in pips? Kind regards Mario
Hi All. Im new here and almost everything seems confusing. I trade forex and have been looking for is a simple ea(which apparently to me is herculean) which can do some work for me and hopefully reduce my workload and stress. I hope and pray i find a good shepherd here who is able and willing to...
[Deleted]
Hi, Would anyone know how to display volume in the chart window? It is easy enough displaying it in a separate window, but I am having problems placing it in the chart window itself (at the bottom border). My code is listed below. If I use #property indicator_separate_window, it shows in a separate...
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to run my EA at one account on different timeframes und currencies with different settings. So I gave the EA in every chart a different Magicnumber for identifying the orders. The different Magicnumbers were shown in the orderlist, but the EAs interfere each other in spite of the...
Hello, I'm looking for a way to plot dots in my ea which shows the calculated trailing stops. I would like to displays dots like a parabolic SAR indicator. As I can see, ObjectCreate() is only able to plot arrows, lines, rectangles,... but not a dot or any other alphanumeric characters. I you have...
[Deleted]
hello, is there a way to get,or programming, the internal mt4 indicators visible on the chart ? KR
Greatings MQL4 coders and a happy new year!, My current AE has a function like this: double FunctionName(double& Array1[], double& Array2[], double& Array3[]) Because of the use of that ampersand char (needed because their values are changed within this function) it seems impossible to declare...
i need to know how to show standard or custom indicators on a chart when an ea attached to the chart . can u guys help me out ...
[Deleted]
Hi. I'm interested in controlling the scaling of a chart from my MQL4 code, for the purpose of keeping certain markings I am creating always visible on the chart. For example, say I am creating a mark N ticks below the low of bar. If the market is in a downtrend, and the recent bars are near the...
Ok, I'm not a total noob to programming and I've been working with MQL4 on and off for a little while now....although not consistently enough I might add. Here's the question. I have a couple EA's built and a few Custom Indicators and I would like changes made to the external variables of the EA to...
Hello and Happy new year. I have a problem activating some scripts. I tried to activate a script for buy, and it doesn´t work. Later I probed with modify and close order script of mql4, and it doesn´t work neither. Later I probed with an script with only alert function, and this worked ok. ¿why the...
I run optimization on an EA with 0.01 fixed lot size on $10,000 account for 9 years of 1H chart data, I have 120 passes so far - how do I pick the best ?? should I pick them by expected payoff ? or minimal drawdown ? or profit factor ... ? ? maybe some combination of those ? THANKS !!
[Deleted]
If anyone has had a look at the rubbish data that MT4 downloads you'll know that its probably useless to backtest with. Personally I think its appalling that we should have to download such rubbish. So, does anyone know where I can get some good data that is useable for backtesting. Thanks
[Deleted]
  EA question  (4)
I like to modify an EA Currently I’m using the “present candle” and the “previous candle” Originally I have this: int start() { // M30 double ma_m30_white= iMA(Symbol(), PERIOD_M30, WhiteMA_M30_Period, WhiteMA_M30_Shift,WhiteMA_M30_Method, WhiteMA_M30_Price, 0); doublema_m30_white_pre =...
hello there, for some reason in the new build of mt4, 229, i am downloading the historical data for EURGBP, but when i want to test my ea the log keeps telling me there is no history data to be found. can please somebody help?
[Deleted]
Hello, I NEED MQ4 FILE OF SUPERTREND EXPERT. THENKS.
hi, Somebody would know to recommend a place to learn how to build a site mt4stats.com style? thanks! Carlo
[Deleted]
Hello. I would like a script that will place pending orders... 5 Sell Stop, and 5 Buy stop above and below the current price. i.e. Eur/usd BuyStop - 1.30300 BuyStop - 1.30250 BuyStop - 1.30200 BuyStop - 1.30150 BuyStop - 1.30100 CURRENT PRICE - 1.30000 SellStop - 1.29900 SellStop - 1.29850...
Hello friends this is checkmail and have an MA cross indicator which draws arrows on cross, but am missing the lines, can anyone code lines into the indicator. It should draw lines too along with the arrows. Here is the code :...
[Deleted]
Hello friends Can any body create MACD indicator giving signal only when macd fails to make new top then previous top sell signal and same vis versa? please it highly needed
My brokers test server went down this morning, and I didn't notice until much later. How would I create a function to notify me when the server is down? The EA loop is only triggered when there is an incoming tick, but there are no ticks when the server is down. How do other people handle this...
[Deleted]
Dear Developers, I'd like to suggest a new feature for the next release of MT4. Now we have the option to resize the chart either freely by using the mouse OR entering top- and lowermost values in the properties page. The second one is closer to my needs but the distance between the lines of the...
Hello! I Built a scalping EA and I would like to insert a semi-martingale money management ! The EA must double the lot-size when SL is hit! When the next TP is hit the lot size must decrease again to the normal value! I have problems with coding! I were thankful if you could help me find the right
Dear Gurus I need some help here. I was trying to write an EA where it requires the recording of the Signal value (or in general any data, for example the bid and offer prices) at the moment of MACD crossover. The recorded reading will be used for comparison as the condition to trigger trades (I...
[Deleted]
Dear all sirs, I have one imagination to find Double bottom and Double top. Do you have any idea to caliculate how to find them by EA and Alert ?? If you could have some ideas, It will be so appreciate and glad to share informations. I have only a little programing skills but trying to find Breake
[Deleted]
hi, i'm struggling with invalid price (Error 130) when trying to modify order with trailing stop. i tried Normalizedouble(xx, 5), the output is 1.33052000. how to remove this trailing 3 zeros and apply the value to stoploss? thanks and regards, vinoth joseph
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I need help! I need to transform real time MT4 data to Metastock! Thanks in advance!