MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1196

[Deleted]
My partner has the same login and password details as I do on a trial / demo account. We are still developing our software.. I cnat see the trades he runs - live or otherwise... How do I achive live sharing of the same screen between my partner and i ?
Wondering if anyone has a code or link to a code to help me calculate my position size through MT4, as well a pip value converter THanks
Hi, i have the following code and was wondering if this is the right way to check the colors, since i couldn't find something similar: color result1=ObjectGet( "rule1" , OBJPROP_COLOR ); color result2=ObjectGet( "rule2" , OBJPROP_COLOR ); color result3=ObjectGet( "rule3" , OBJPROP_COLOR ); if
Hello, i created an indicator to show some values as a "trafic light". first light has to become orange (same for buy and sell), and the other two green(for buy setup) or red (for sell setup) . It is al working OK, but now i wanted to see 3 other currency pairs too in the same way, so i copied/paste...
  Time dimentions  (4)
Hi Everyone, I need to check an indicator on the next 3 time frame according to the time frame my curt is, lets say I'm on 5 minutes time frame curt so I need to check let say "parabolic sar" on 15 / 30 / 1H time frames, to get "this" curt time frame I will use Period() but how can I get the next 3...
hi Can MetaTrader 4 run on 64 Bit Windows 7 profesional? Buying new computer Thanks
[Deleted]
I occassionally run into this situation where I cannot exit a trade early manually. I get a message "Too close to market". Of course it's close to market, I want to exit at market. The most recent, trading oil. I bought 1 unit, then set a SL at -30 pips (closest allowed by broker). Indicators...
Hey everyone, I haven't posted here much, but I try not to come here asking people to 'do work for me'... having said that, I would appreciate some advice as I'm a beginner with coding. Here's my problem... I'm trying to create a fractal breakout zone around the price for as long as the ATR is under...
[Deleted]
If I add expert advisor to chart with 15 min timeframe, and I use timeframe 1min in all indicators, will it use those timeframes written in the script, or will it use chart timeframe? Because I've seen that simulation overrides the timeframe written in the script. So how does this work?
Hi all, this time i come here with a question .. i dont see some mistakes .. but maybe late hour :-) i was playing with iBarShift in an Indicator for OBV. in General is working not bad . int i,nLimit,nCountedBars;   nCountedBars=IndicatorCounted();   if(nCountedBars>0) nCountedBars--;...
[Deleted]
Hi I have been setting up my first EA with the help of a more experienced coder. One condition of mt trades is that if the price is X amount from the nearest pivot line then it will invalidate the possible trade. This is working for long trades, so if the price was too close to a pivot line above...
[Deleted]
The bulk of the work and discussion on the thread subject was commissioned in an unrelated thread: Get Computer Name in mql4 I am making this thread solely for the purpose of aiding those who would seek similar information via the forum search function. The code, and solution, is posted in the...
[Deleted]
Hello I have an EA that is not calulating the bands correctly. You can see on the attachment the difference in using the bands indicator in metatrader and the one in the EA, but the settings are the same. Here is the code for the bands in the EA, the only thing I can think of is that the EA using...
It appears that the embedded OrdersTotal() function is not working in Indicator codes when using the Strategy Tester. OrdersTotal() calls in Expert Advisor codes return correct values, but in Indicator codes only returns 0 when there are open orders. MT-4 build 226 To demonstrate this possible bug,...
New article Trade Events in MetaTrader 5 is published at mql5.com: A monitoring of the current state of a trade account implies controlling open positions and orders. Before a trade signal becomes a deal, it should be sent from the client terminal as a request to the trade server, where it will be...
Hi everyone, can somebody please help me building a srcipt for the Crosshairs, which shows 2 horizontal Lines +/- X pips away from price? For example, X=20, if you move the cursor to 1.3617, there would be also a line at 1.3637 and 1.3597. That would be a really useful tool. Thanks a lot!
got the following code. for the ordersend command i want to set the open price on the value of hh5 (highest price from last 5 bars), but i keep getting error 4107 or 130. Could someone show me what im doing wrong?    atrvalue=iATR(NULL,0,20,0)*10000;   atrcalc=atrvalue*1.5;   hh5=High[iHighest(NULL...
  Mata4  (3)
Hi,I wonder if anyone can help, Meta 4, my options are regarding the amounts to trade are 0.01 0.02 0.03 0.04 0.05 1.00 2.00 etc I don't trade with 1.00 it hurts, but I do trade in multi lot's of 0.05 I think it's about 31pence (GBP Money) however as part of my strategy, and to keep me focused, I
Hello,I have one very difficult situation for me. I want to create EA with MTF channels but I couldn't to run it in tester properly. It use iBars, iHighest, iLowest, iTime. I checked all this parameters with Alert and it calculate some information but indicator don't want to draw the channels.I had...
Dear Support Team, or anyone else who may be able to help, my problem is as described in the subject line: - When I close my MT4 software, most of the newly edited/added/changed alerts will not be saved, instead upon reopening MT4 the alerts are put back to a state a couple of days ago. Which means...
I'm running optimizations and the Tester crashes after about an hour. After investigation I've noticed the log file full of memory allocation errors.... I tried running optimization again, this time I left the task manager (windows xp sp3) open on the performance tab. The PF graph is a nice linear...
[Deleted]
  Forex trading, does it make sense?  (187   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
I've been trading on the forex market for a little over a year now. I've been trying to build my forex trading system like everybody else. But that's not the point, lately I keep coming across different forums and stuff on the Internet where people write about their success in trading, how they
[Deleted]
Windows 7 MetaTrader 4 Problem - New script files deleted on startup. When I run MetaTrader 4 in Win7 64 Home Edition it deletes all the newly created/copied script files from expert/scripts folder. So after startup only standard scripts remain in the folder. What is this? Any Ideas?? I tried
[Deleted]
Hello, With no success, I have been going through various forums to find out if anyone has posted how to backtest a Fibonacci sequence. I know that it's either difficult (or impossible) because it solely depends on the person drawing the sequence and also the variations in price action, but I...
[Deleted]
How to calculate the maximum value of a bar within a period of 10 bars? I'll use this to calculate the resistance in this period.
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone, I would like to make sure that I have a continuity and disaster recovery plan for my MT4 trade station. I am running a robot and would like to have multiple locations using different power and broadband providers. I would like to have each server running mt4 on the same broker and...
[Deleted]
Hello, I would like to make sure that I have a continuity and disaster recovery plan for my MT4 trade station. I am running a robot and would like to have multiple locations using different power and broadband providers. I would like to have each server running mt4 on the same broker and same...
Windows 7 (64bit) Pls help me why?: There has been a critical error Time : 2009.12.15 01:41 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 225, 10 Jul 2009) OS : Windows Vista Professional 6.1 (Build 7100) Processors : 2 x X86 (level 6) Memory : 4158312/2864560 kb...
[Deleted]
Hey guys. can anyone please tell me how to set my mt4 to send mw alerts, for example when a cross over of moving averages takes place? i would like for my alert to go to my e-mail inbox. thank you
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to MQL4 and do have a problem with the execution of an Expert Advisor. While the Expert is running I'm getting the alerts I assigned to the OrderSends, but the orders don't show up in the Trading window in FxPro, which means the Expert doesn't do anything at all. Thanks in advance. Here...