Technical Indicators - page 101

Hi   I want to create an indicator displaying risk and reward levels for a currency pair. However, I don't want to settle my risk in pips but in effective account currency, let's say EUR 5.-, and then translate it into Pips with an also predefined Lot Size.   For example: Let's say I'm trading...
Hi again Is there a way to get the object(s) below the mouse cursor (or at a certain position x/y) ? I can't seem to find a function... :/ Thanks! :)
Hello mql5 community, What are your favourite indicators for reversal trading? What indicaors do you use to identify possible reversals? My 2 currently favourite ones are the combination of the 2 attached indicators. Please share yours. regards, salexes
Hello, I was playing around with a downloaded indicator and I noticed that it changes value for each tick. Therefore, within a single bar, it may take different values. I'd like to understand how the indicator is drawn by MetaTrader, since it draws only one bar but the indicator took different...
Hello! I don't know anything about programing yet and the only thing I want is to change the max and min lines. Instead of 100% and 0%, I want the 78,6 and the 21,4 levels. Can someone please help me doing that?
Hi, Can someone please help me fix this code? I have changed Indicator_separate_window to Indicator_chart_window  but the indicator does not display correctly. I have played around with the X and Y off set but cannot get it to work. any ideas? #property indicator_chart_window#property...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                         EMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4 |//|         Copyright © 2005, Jason Robinson (jnrtrading)            |//|                   http://www.jnrtading.co.uk...
Can use the indicator and EA of mql4 for meta4 or meta5 ios 10.2? if anyone can please share how. Much thank you 😊☺️
I do my trading in an internet cafe as I still don't have my own PC or laptop to be able to trade at home. Because of this I don't have a choice but to use different PC's all the time. The indicator I'm planning to purchase has 5 activation available which means I can use it on 5 different PC's. If
I have a custom indicator that I currently send to clients that has Date allowed protection in it.   Is there a way to get a custom indicator to check a server for subscription status before it initializes? ‌‌If I sell the indicator for a 6 month period with certain stipulations and my client breaks...
Hi all, ‌‌I'm trying to move one buffer into another. The buffer idea is: b‌uffer2[0] = buffer1[0]‌ b‌uffer2[1] = buffer1[0] b‌uffer2[2] = buffer1[1] b‌uffer2[3] = buffer1[1] b‌uffer2[4] = buffer1[2] b‌uffer2[5] = buffer1[2] b‌uffer2[6] = buffer1[3] b‌uffer2[7] = buffer1[3] e‌tc... ‌‌For some or...
  weekly indicator  (2)
I just cant seem to make this code work, any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. I‌'m getting just 1 error 'ANCHOR_BOTTOM' - cannot convert enum https://docs.mql4.com/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_text‌ have checked through documentation g‌rr R‌egards K‌ate ‌
How do I access close[] array correctly without using ArraySetAsSeries(close,true)?‌ Currently using: ArraySetAsSeries(close,true); for(shift= 0; shift < 500; shift++) {       total += close[shift]; } thanks.‌ ‌‌
Has anyone seen a problem with the shadeNY candle when used for the current session with MT5? C‌an the code be updated to fix this bug? ‌‌Thanks.
Hi guys ‌‌I have an indicator which alerts via popup and via email. I have the indicator alerts working correctly. the challenge I have is that the alerts only function for the currently active chart in Metatrader. Only when I click on another chart (eg 1 hour USDCAD) will the alert for this...
Moving from mql4 to mql5 but can't even draw a rectangle, tried: ObjectCreate(0, "Rectangle", OBJ_RECTANGLE, 0, time[0], 1, time[5], 2) just to get going but nothing is showing. What's wrong? Here's the full code: #property copyright "Copyright 2017, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property...
hi guys ‌‌have anyone seen a modified moving average, I need one the gimme the MA of the only last one or two days if I apply it to short TF, and last week or two weeks if it is in for hours TF l‌ink or a hint on code will be good t‌hank you
HI, C‌ould anyone help me to code for an MT4 indicator for the following condiitons : ‌ F‌OR BUY : W‌hen 3 EMA, 5 EMA, 8 EMA, 10 EMA, 20 EMA [Total 5 EMAs] crosses OR above the Daily Pivot Point Value OR Line, it should provide an Audible / Push Notification Alert. ‌ F‌OR SELL : W‌hen 3 EMA, 5 EMA,...
  partial exit EA?  (2)
Hi there. I have already searched the market, but could not find the right thing. What I am looking foris a trading front end that allows me to close part of my position by a limit order or by a click. Essentially, setting up several target prices for partial positions. Or, even better, set up a...
Hi all ,    I'm new in trading and would like to know the buffer numbers for the traders dynamic index fo red line yellow line green line upper VB line lower vb line for example what is xx value below for the red line?  double red_line = iCustom(NULL,0,"TradersDynamicIndex",13,PRICE_CLOSE,34,1.6185...
Hi, Does anyone have an indicator that displays in real time how long a trade is open? (duration of an open trade) Many thanks in advance.
By default it draws first 300 Wingding characters/arrow codes, which is about all of them I think (they start repeating at some point). Tooltip (the little pop-up on hovering mouse pointer over the arrow) shows arrow code. Script intended to visualize all possible looks for arrow indicator plots...
Hello to the experts, I've been using the following concept in MT4, but in MT5 there must be something more to implement to make it work: a part within the MT 5 custom indicator is while (i<rates_total) { //         code......        i++;              } Now a second (external) custom indicator is...
Hi do anyone has an alert where cci cross below 100 after ma cross    e.g.cci 10 cross below 100 after 10ma cross above 20ma.. i tried to google it but i cannot find any. 
basic i want just a line based in the diference  ty!
Hi, Does Metatrader normally store the historical slippage values for a chart? I've noticed that there is a structure called   trade_settings which contains a slippage value but from what I can see this just references the current slippage values (unless I read it incorrectly) for the existing open...
Hello guys: Does anyone know about x-pattern indicator? I saw it´s the combination of Momentum and Gravity, but can´t find the gravity indicator anywhere. Can somebody help me? Even by sending the formula for using the Gravity indicator. Thanks in advance! Pablo
Hello, I'm thinking to create Harmonic pattern (Gartley, Bat, Butterfly) indicator, which would be based on ZigZag indicator . Indicator would search Fibonacci levels between ZigZag minimums and maximums. I searched in the internet and didn't find such indicator, so i am trying to create my own
Hello! I need an indicator-like code that makes some kind of an alert for a particular setup with Bill Williams' Fractals and Alligator. I'll probably write (and publish) the code myself after a few weeks, but I have close to zero coding skills, barely understanding even the documentation. You can...