General - page 1913

Hi, I use the function Comment() in 2 indicators. Only the comment of one of them is visible on the chart. I hope this is not as designed and that each comment should be visible one by one. Nicolas
  Error 4066  (3)
Hi, I have this portion of code before managing my orders : if (OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS)) { err = GetLastError(); (err>1) { Print("Error : " + "( " + err+ "): " ErrorDescription(err));...
Does anyone have a moving average function where the average is based off a time period, eg 30m chart, and then if you display a 5 min chart, the value of the moving average is expanded correspondingly so you can see where price is on a 5min chart relative to a moving average off a 30min chart It...
I have a problem here. Testing a theoretical model as expert I let it just run. Now the account has balance -4333. One trade has a loss -5509 because the price of USDCAD has moved from 1.1654 to 0.7514. It could be normal but there is no such price in the history. there is a chance that it readed
2006.01.13 20:15:12 HistoryBase: 3 errors in ' USDCHF1 '
  AceTrader/trendsetter  (12   1 2)
Hi This is a text based tool 24hours and reputation best in the world from a group of 25 years reputation and used by many bank traders for text ideas. Does anyone know how to get access to their intraday as a freebie? Here is a feed which gives their daily outlook on EUR/USD and other pairs ---...
yabadabadooooo holiday is over see ya nxt year
Can anyone explain to me how to establish a live DDE connection betwee MT4 and microsoft excel. I would like to be able to pull live prices information from MT4 directly into excel. The syntax for doing this with intellicharts for instance looks like this: =fxtrek|Bid! EURUSD It was really quite
Dear traders, We are glad to invite you to the forum at "MQL4: automated forex trading" for discussing of programming in MetaQuotes Language 4. The full description of the language, article about its use, specialized forum, auto trading programs written in MQL 4, etc., can be found there. Light...
  Data Replay  (2)
It would be a very nice feature, if we could put MT4 in some kind of "data replay" mode. Meaning, for example, with each press of a spacebar, we could advance some loaded history data by one minute. This could be of great help to those of us, who want to "forward" test our systems by hand, as all...
  threading  (2)
Hi everyone can some one tell me what threading does MT4 support?
I have a script that runs in an infinite loop. I noticed this morning that the script had stopped, and when I checked the Expert log, it said the script was "Shutdown by Timeout". Any idea what this means, and how to avoid it? Alan
Is it posiable to set the default traing stop to 15? so that when a new order is setup it defaults to 15 and you don't have to manualy set it. Thanks in advance B.Rumsey
Is there a way to modify the tickchart in the Order Window to show either Sell or Ask line and not both? This double lined chart is driving me nuts!
Does anyone have past issues of Currency Trader Magazine from currencytradermag.com? They were available for download but seems like they'd removed links to past issues.... I was able to download Oct 04 issue and 09-05 thru 01-06. If anybody needs any of those, i guess i can upload those. I am...
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a work around when working with MT Ce using Wifi restricted by a proxy server! Unfortunately, all the AP's i use require the use of a proxy to access outside resources. Any help is appreaciated! Or, something to consider for future releases! Thanks!
Attached are my conversions of the MT3 EAs. Everything is the same, except that the EAs will trade the lots you set only, and not trade 1 Lot, then 3 Lots for example, as the MT3 (default) EAs do - I think this distorts the results. You need to put the DayImpuls.mq4 in your Inicators folder for the
Hi all, Happy new year, may it be profitable to all ! Thanks for looking at my post, I need some help to explain this anomally please. I have downloaded 1 minute data from alpari to run my backtests on, the data reads as 90% acurate. My EA calculates the pivot, S1, S2, R1 and R2 based on the...
  Version upgraded  (20   1 2)
Hello, we have upgraded forum version. Please tell me if you advertise any problem. Best regards.
Hi MQ guys, Is it possible to also display the total profit/loss of the swap column in the terminal window ? Maybe even have it as a toggle feature for those that don't wish to see it ? Thanks Martin
My question is regarding the MTSendOrder function of the MT3 API. Consider the following code fragement, where SendOrder is from CMetaTraderAPI. if ((err = pMT->SendOrder(&soi)) > RET_OK_NONE){ return err;}...do whatever... On rare occasions the above condition is true yet an order is still...
  Warning : Do not update to 187  (27   1 2 3)
I have updated MT4 187 some indicator like TTM , BrainTrading System can't work any more . all my old chart indicator missing and can't add it back
  shell command?  (9)
Is there a way to run an external EXE from MQ4, similar to the system( ) or shell( ) command?
Is there a way to see both of these on the terminal at same time?
Hi there, will there be a problem if I issue high volume order sends and cancellation. Will the server ban me, if there are too many orders in short space amount of time? I am testing a strategy that will work on a 5 minute chart, and it issues a new order everytime and cancels previous which are...
Hello all... I just wanna find out based on your experiences, on which time frame that produced you more profits so far. I've been trading on 30mins, 1hour and 4 hour time frame. Though I prefer 1hour time frame, looking back into the past...I realized 4 hour time frame did produced more profits and...
  Double trouble Bug?  (12   1 2)
There is strange and serious problem with double arithmetics. In following example, if x=0.0002 then x=y is true. However, if x is calculated x=1.2012 - 1.201 = 0.0002 then result is false. double y=0.0002; double x; x=0.0002; x=1.2012-1.201; Print("x1=",x); if(x == y) Print("x2=",x); else
  E-Brain Trend EA  (3)
I have searched for this EA in forum, with no luck. I currently have the EA e-Brain Trend (downloaded here, though search function can't find). THis EA is giving off signals, but is not auto-placing any buy or sell orders. Perhaps something is wrong with it? Can anyone give me some direction as to...
  Need help please  (1)
hi everyone i need script for macd cross on 60 min chart the script take long and short when the cross happend no matter if the cross was below or up zero line thanks