Moving Average with Time Adapting ?

Does anyone have a moving average function where the average is based off a time period, eg 30m chart, and then if you display a 5 min chart, the value of the moving average is expanded correspondingly so you can see where price is on a 5min chart relative to a moving average off a 30min chart

It will save having several ma's loaded each with their own "when to display" rules

I wrote one .. but it has a display error

billm:
Does anyone have a moving average function where the average is based off a time period, eg 30m chart, and then if you display a 5 min chart, the value of the moving average is expanded correspondingly so you can see where price is on a 5min chart relative to a moving average off a 30min chart

It will save having several ma's loaded each with their own "when to display" rules

I wrote one .. but it has a display error

Hi, bilm,

You don't need a function for that. Here is what i did on my computer:

i) Add a moving average to your chart, say, M5

ii) On pad Visualization, select the time frame you want it to appear on

iii) Repeat the two steps above, till you've set all your lines

iv) Save it as a template

Whenever you want, you can just apply the template to a chart you're viewing. And you can do the same with other indicators. I applied MACD's with different EMA periods to different time frames.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

thanks, but that is what I was trying to avoid .. too many moving averages setup on a template all with their own Visualisation rules. I think it gives the computer too much to do .. and is also hard to manage when you want to change them.

If you had one ma on the template that was programmed to change its period depending upon what Time Period you was displaying, eg 5m, then you would only need one ma per time frame

cheers

B