General - page 1880

[Deleted]
  Auto pivot trade  (26   1 2 3)
I am trying to draw pivot lines on a hourly charts based on a certain time of day and a certain number of hours. For example, at 9am I am trying to draw the R1 and S1 lines for the last 6 hours. I am not sure why my indicator will compile but will not plot anything. Please take a look at it and let...
[Deleted]
  News Trading  (10)
I would like to know if anyone here trades the different "news" regularly with some kind of system. I am not asking for the system, but would like to know the which "news" they trade. If your system is mechanical and would like to develop an EA from it, we can work together to develop it. Of course,...
  Pipmaster EA for MT3  (50   1 2 3 4 5)
Hello guys, I recently found out about this EA being sold on ebay and was wondering if any of you know about it or have purchased it. I've tried contacting the seller a few times, but find it difficult to get a response from him. He says that there are a few hundred people using this EA and that the
  Urgent plz  (5)
Dear Sir as you know that experts working with every new tick, My question is: Can I create an expert that can works with every new tick ,not only in the pair that I opened it with it but with any other pairs I want. For example: I put the expert to work on (GBP/JPY), I want from the expert to work...
  GlobalVariables  (2)
Hi Do Global variables retain their value when you shut down metaquotes and restart the machine. In metaeditor help it says 'Global variables are kept in the client terminal within 4 weeks since the last access, then they will be deleted automatically. ' I don't know many people who manage to keep...
Hello All, I have my fibonacci channel setup in a certain way, and would like to transfer it to a couple of friend's computers without having to manually add new lines. Is there a way to EXPORT any of the 'line studies', or save them as a custom line study? I've looked through the forums and...
am using the following to compute the spread in points for the current chart: string symbol = Symbol(); // Get chart symbol int spread = MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_SPREAD); spread is being set to 0. I have verified that symbol is valid (set to " EURUSD "). What is wrong with the above
  Disable Ea  (2)
Is there a way to have an EA disable itself after it makes a trade?
Hi All, I'm new to MetaTrader and busy working my way through all the documentation currently. I have a question for the forum if I may: I can see MetaTrader provides the functionality to create Custom Indicators. However, if you just want to use the usual indicators that are supplied with...
Slawa, you can see a demo account running in: http://www.inverbank.com/statement.htm There you can see that the count for max consecutive wins is 4 but there are only 3 consecutive wins I have read the paper on Numbers, at "What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean" and it might also...
  What a morning market.  (29   1 2 3)
Today's us morning session is very choppy... i can't find a way to enter... i'm out today... anyone made some pips from it? Good luck to you all.
  very URGENT Plz.  (1)
Dear Sir as you know that experts working with every new tick, My question is: Can I create an expert that can works with every new tick ,not only in the pair that I opened it with it but with any other pairs I want. For example: I put the expert to work on (GBP/JPY), I want from the expert to...
Which oscillators or indicators have forum members found to be the best for judging the medium/longer term trend. Its use would be for only taking trades in the direction of the general trend. Sam
Hi Codersguru can you help me to translate this EA from Easylanguage to mql4? Thanks Bolla {***************************************** Description : VOLEX (Volatility Expansion) ******************************************} Inputs: MultClosesLong(10), MultClosesShort(8), MoltL(2.2), MoltS(3.6),...
@all how can I set an alert in MT4 when stopbuy or stopsell order execudet, I know I can set an alert of BID or ASK, but ist not the same order is execudet. kindest regards winkel
Dear Sirs: Is it possible to set Heiken Ashi indicator in indicator_separate_window? Any expert can help this? Thanks a lot Jingming
Hi there, I saw the links before but now i can't find 'em, can someone direct me to the site which holds the most data from previous years for me to do backtests? THANKS!
Hi, Anybody can recommend an MQ4 indicator that can detect choppy market/ whipsaws or anybody might share code to detect it? euro-pean
Hi there, Can anybody help me with the above indicator? The indicator is not showing in the higher time frame if I use NumberOfBarToCalculate larger than 800. I want to use it with 2000. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks - Ben the indicator is attached
[Deleted]
I would like to place a dial or bar type readout on either my chart window or on a seperate window which would display a composite of several indicator values. The MQL4 training lessons have been really been super in getting me up to speed on programming in this lang., it would be nice to have some...
Hi, can MT4's backtesting benefit from multiple CPUs, e.g. a dual Dual-Core Opteron? Or is MT4 clusterable / parallelizable? Because backtesting can be VERY time-consuming. Best regards, Silke
  Hurst Channels  (10)
Hello evreyone, does someone has this indicator Thanks
This may be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer. I would like to run an EA on my live account as well as on my demo account. Is there any way have both accounts open at the same time? I tried to open Metatrader again to get two windows of it, but it didn't work. Do you have to install...
I am building a breakout advisor in MT4 and I want the entries to be put simotaniously as a Buystop and Sellstop. I have seen it done in MT3 on interbankfx's site, but can I do it in MT4? Does anyone have the code or can I just copy the code from a MT3 advisor and put it into a MT4 advisor? If...
193: Revised Editor Dictionary. 192: 2D Graphics Dual Monitor Support Enhancement Cached Optimization Results
I just thought i'd pass this along, i ran across this site lastnight. I am a newbie & proud of it, so please. Don't yell at me if you've already seen this site, or consider this useless. I'm just passing it along here; www.xeatrade.com
[Deleted]
I have 2 indicators, one has values 0-100 and the other one 1-0. When I put them on one window they are scaled so that both indicator fit in one window. Whats the code to scale indicators like this? picture attached of WPR & Trix
Anyone help with this?? I've spent the last three hours trying to make this indicator change the bar color when it is below 0. Green above 0, red below 0. I'm not very good with coding, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!...
For instance, tester reports max drawdown of 10.000$, which is let's say 10% of 100.000$ account balance. But before that, when the account balance was 60.000$, there was a 9.000$ drawdown, which is 15% but it never gets reported! So, tester indeed reports max absolute drawdown but it would be more...
  Delaying trades  (1)
Hi, I really need some help making this EA so that it is delay in closing the trade for at least 3 minutes. Could someone please help me out? I need it to open the trade like it normally does, but then I need it to not close the trade unless it has been at least 3 min. Could someone please tell...