General - page 1884

Hello, I'm having some trouble getting MT4 strategy tester to work. I have attached my expert to daily chart (as my strategy uses daily candlesticks). I have imported some third party 5 minute candlestick data into MT4 going back to Jan. 1999. I have put a tick in the "recalculate" box...
Hi, I have imported all timeframes (1m,5m,15m,30m,60,240m and daily) into MT4. My intra-day data goes back to 1999 (7 years worth of data). My expert is about 1000 lines long. I am running the backtest now (and i know that it is calculating as my CPU is running at 50% capacity). However, I...
[Deleted]
I want to place limit orders as the market approaches some price levels. What is the minimum distance between the ask and the buylimit price? I am guessing that it will be the same for bid and selllimit price. Thanks, Maji
Where can i find the list of upgrades that metatrader build 192 has over 191. A list of bug fixes too, etc... i searched the program's website, but i cant find anything.
Hi all, I have this EA that seems to be working 100% accurately for what I want it to do. I didn't write it, Jorgka did, but I need someone to backtest it on $/JPY, $/CHF, EUR/JPY, and GBP/$. Please post your results in this thread. Thanks Huhenyo.
  4 hour data  (2)
My 4 hour data with interbank suddenly changed.. and im trying to fix it to no avail. My data was from 2004 until today. Now, the data im getting is a few ticks from 2001.. then suddenly i get todays feed. I dont know why this is happening. totally unexpected. Can someone upload their 4 hour meta...
  Convert: easyLanguage  (45   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi everybody, is there someone that want to help me to translate an easyLanguage tradingsystem in an EA in MT3 o MT4? Thank. Bolla
  What is Forex?  (8)
The Foreign Exchange market, also referred to as the "Forex" or "FX" market is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average turnover of US$1.9 trillion -- 30 times larger than the combined volume of all U.S. equity markets. "Foreign Exchange" is the simultaneous buying of one...
Hello, Metatrader is great but would love to see these changes to Fibonacci. The ability to change the color of different levels and the ability to erase levels that you don't want to look at by clicking and erasing the unwanted level. Thanks Rip
Hello everyone, I am having a problem that I think is a glitch or bug with MT4. I wonder if others are having the same problem. I am using Interbankfx demo and it seems that sometimes the trades will exit, apparently at random, without the stoploss or the profit target being hit. It is not even...
Hi there! Anybody tried this tool: This is the tool that I didn't hear any comment about ! http://www.metatrader.info/node/92 This tool could be modified (upon requests) to a lot of scenarios: It can grab RSS feeds It can grab News
We know that the EA will update the calculations within the start function block when new tick arrives. However, sometimes for thinly traded pairs, there are lot of times when there are no new ticks coming in for a while. However, I want to force my EA to update the calculations within the start...
Does anyone know if there is an Forex MT4 indicator that is equivilent to the TSV (Time Segment Volume) indicator that is used for Stocks ?? If so where can I get this indicator? Thanks Alden
MT4 Mobile and email alerts Please add this function to Mobile device. To send an email when a forex pair rate is hit, and a sound alarm at the same time. Is this a can do ?
  MQL4 and MQL 2  (3)
I wrote a custom indicator in MQL4 and need to write this in MQL2. Why, you might ask... I am using mtapi.dll from C# and I want to see this indicator on the MetaTrader 3 platform (FXDD account). I want to be able to get the last day's close, low and high. On the surface you can do this using...
  Watching you  (1)
A little lite relief while trading. Watch link: http://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/students/organizations/follies/media/EveryBreath.wmv
[Deleted]
Could someone experienced in using the function, OrderCloseBy(), please explain to me how it works exactly? I've already done a search on this forum and on metaquotes.net for detailed information, but with no luck. bool OrderCloseBy(int ticket, int opposite, color Color=CLR_NONE) The obvious...
Welcome ... I want to help in amending the Expert The objective 80 and the stop 30 Also ,If the contract closed only reflects the stop Not to the second but with the same stop ... Question also in the's Expert if the the trend in one way ....I want to be up to be a goal 80 and ,It is...
I've downloaded some data from the alpari database, loaded it into mt4 (build 191), output it into a csv, and done some manipulations on the time field; but when I try to import the new .csv file into the history I just get a blank window. I tried opening some other .hst files and they seemed to
  Mac? MetaTrader  (2)
Has anyone tried an Intel based Macintosh with MetaTrader? What was the result, did it work fine? Thanks Darren
Does anyone know where I can buy an Profitable Expert advisor for MT4. I've found some EAs but only for MT3. Thank you, Roets
What is the different between MT and MetaTrader Data Center ?
  Preset..??  (2)
Hi Everybody can someone explain me what are the "preset" files ? Is necessary to use it in order to make a EA work well? Thanks in Advanced Gustavo
Again.....Downloaded on e-Mule... 152 MB in one Zip file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVOXN896 Look the Screenshots attached, to see how to Download from MegaUpload site . I don't know the original source, so, no info about Reliability The PAirs are : AUDJPY Forex Data Historical Foreign Exchange...
Can someone recommend any installers for deployment of indicators/experts? Im trying to make it easy for the user to install the ex4 file. Any help is appreciated.
Hi, I''m looking for an excel forex calculator or recommended statistics program for documentation of trading equity curve..
Hello, I wish to distribute my complied EA and Indicator... is it safe from decompliling? What can I do to safe-guard my code? -charliev
  Good Strategy  (7)
Hi, Has anyone tried this strategy for an EA(on daily/1hr TF) - 1. Follow in indcator like SuperTrend. On change in direction place an order (tp 10$, higher for higher TF) 2. If TP hit good, else if reversed on next bar, then close order and take reverse position with double the lots and TP = THE...
Hi, Have you got Stochastic Momentum for mq4
Guys (and Girls) I have spent really too much time with searching for the ideal system. combining hundreds of wonderful indicators (mainly found here on forum but I didn´t find my holy grail a.k.a. [see the arrow, buy, see the signal, exit] I knew 5-6 systems including famous BT, ASC