General - page 1797

Is it possible to download all the histoy from all currencies from one location? I'm after the history for as many pairs as possible dating back to Jan 2006 - Current. Thanks in advance!
Maybe the coolest forex economic calendar on the face of the earth. Featuring easy to use predictor and user interface. Use it online now (free) Forex economic calendar link P.S. I don't know if linking to other forum or site is allowed or not. Please remove this thread if it's not.
This Long Term FX Game starts on April 2,2007 and ends on December 31, 2007. This 9 months game is open to all participants irregradless of whether you are a novice trader or a professional or an expert or a discretionary or a system trader. The objectives of this game are the following: (1) To test...
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to open buy and sell orders with an EA that I am working on. When I open buy orders it works fine, but sell orders only open if my Stop Loss is "0". Example... double StopLoss = 25; OrderSend(Symbol1,Symbol1OP,Lots,MarketInfo(Symbol1,Symbol1Mode),Slippage...
Can anyone identify this indicator? It may be Vegas Tunnel but in a Reverse Mode. In other words "Sell/Buy in Fibo levels and take profit at tunnel". Can anyone identify the indicator? Could be i great start
  Currency Correlations  (13   1 2)
Is there a place to find out how the different currencies correlate with each other on different time frames? I would like to know short term (5 days or so), medium term(1 to 3 months), long term (6 months +). Thank you
  How to start in forex  (45   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi,everybody I'm Monann.Who can tell me about how to start in forex trading ? Please advice me. very thank you
Hi, I wonder if you could do me a Directional Movement Histogram. In MT4 you get the DI+ line, DI- line and ADX line. When the DI+ and DI- cross it is the Zero point. What I'd like is the histogram of these two, similar to MACD histogram. It is more easily readable. So you'd have green histogram
Hi all, I need help to put together the following indicator. If any of you can help me, I will greatly appreciate it.
  Newbie Question  (2)
Hello, I have seen on MetaTrader charts where when a trade is concluded either for profit or loss dotted lines connect the opening trade to the bar where the trade closed. Does this sound familar? I would like to use this function if possible. Thanks, Mark
[Deleted]
Hi all Help required with simple trading system hope this make sense 1, Buy current bar open plus percentage of previous days range on stop limit 2, Only by if current BAR ATR is les than Previous 4 Bars 3, Exit On Close User settings A, Percentage of previous days range for buys B, Percentage of...
Hi, I need some help. I designed a simple Breakoutsystem, which generates two orders like the following: Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,kauf_stopp_preis,3,kauf_stopp_preis-anfangs_stopp,kauf_stopp_preis +TakeProfit*Point,NULL,Magic1,TradeTime+EndHour*60*60,Blue);...
It's a given that there is no consolidated tape in forex, but does anyone here have any experience in trying to approximate tape reading in forex through volume, open interest.? I would be grateful to hear of your experiences or opinion on possibilities/limitations of tape reading in forex!Currency...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 203 has been published on our website. What's new: 1. In object FiboFan, fixed drawing considering close anchoring points. 2. Tester: Added check for optimization pass counter overflow. 3. Tester: Optimized usage of memory when generating a testing sequence...
Hi, If I would like the takeprofit to change depending on a different condition would i be able to insert an if function into the takeprofit part of the OrderSend()? Thanks, Gee
I've seen references to this problem going back to build 191 but no official notice, just that it's being worked on. I import daily OHLC data into Metatrader in ascii format but it shows missing days/weeks in history center and when loading a daily chart. I can import the same file into tradestation
Experiencing erratic problems with compiling, compile and indicator works, comment out one line of code and program hangs up PC. MT4 Build 202 (27 Feb 2007). if(iEmptyLocalHistory > 0) { Alert(iEmptyLocalHistory, " charts not opened - Abandon ... u try again later!");...
I'm looking for an EA that will calculate yesterdays high & low and the buy or sell that today with a preset take-profit. I'm presuming something so simple must already have been coded - can someone point me in the right direction ?
Found this on another forum Rules & Settings 1. Place an 8 period RSI. Place an 8 period MA of the RSI and Bollinger Bands with a 20 period setting, also on the RSI. 2. When RSI is below the middle Bollinger Band. Go long on the open of the next bar after the MA has crossed above the RSI. When RSI...
  10 min timeframe  (1)
Is it possible to get a 10 min time frame for Meta Trader
If you know how to do that, please help me. Thanks so much.
FROM Peter Goodier 9th Mar 2007 I need a simple indicator that places the results of an algorithm calculated one bar at a time, 5 bars ahead. Consequently the current bars will place its results 5 bars into the future. Example bar Algorithm (HIGH[0] - LOW[15] + OPEN[3]) result placed 5 bars...
Hi, does anyone have an indicator which highlights a hammer and a shooting star from the candlestick-patterns? If yes, I would be happy if you could put it in here. Thanks, Marbo
I'm looking for an EA that will calculate yesterdays high & low and the buy or sell that today with a preset take-profit. I'm presuming something so simple must already have been coded - can someone point me in the right direction ?
I am not that good at programming, so i am asking for your guys' help. This little ea takes net profit on all of your open positions. Once the profit lever is reached, it closes all open positions. I was wondering if any one could add a function so it could close PENDING orders with the rest of...
[Deleted]
In the course of my trying to develop the Holy Grail of trading, I have written and tested literally hundreds of systems. As you can see, most of them have been failures. However, a handful seem to be profitable, some more some less. Here are some observations that I made during this course. Please
i'm after an indicator that someone on this forum made, it was a seperate indicator window which showed the candles high/low above/below a fixed line, i can't remember what it even might be called. thanks.
Hello, Fist of all sorry for my English .. ex. Just January 2007 until February 2007 Daily What I’ve been doing is like this : F2 > GBPUSD > Daily > Download And I wait until the message in journal : 2007.03.06 18:40:10 HistoryCenter: GBPUSD_2007_01 loaded …… then I pressed stop. And the error
I have installed Metatrader in my new 2 computers. However I have differents symbols in each computer. How it can be? I need the following symbols: Forex-Metals-CFD-Indexes. How I can setup this symbols in both computers? Regards hc