How long did it take you to go from being a beginner to a consistently profitable trader? - page 7

khorosh:

If we have: profitable trades give a profit of 1000, and unprofitable trades give a loss of 400, the net profit is 600. And this, with some variations, is repeated from month to month. Is it stable or unstable in your opinion?

You could call it Stable ))))

Stanislav Aksenov:

Come on already stop dreaming of stable profits, you and others don't have it and won't have it.

One day it all starts working out !!! ......

)))

OLEKSANDR ZAKHARCHUK:
It took me a year and a certain amount of money) I have not traded on demo accounts, I think there is no point

I prefer to train on ... cats

I don't insist - just my opinion

)))

Alexander Bereznyak:

bullshit...

The likelihood of the existence of many such unicums is very low.

I say so, even though I have had eye-to-eye contact with a man

who beat everyone in a row at chess, sitting with his back to the chessboard...

forex____:

I prefer to train on ... cats

I don't insist - just my opinion

)))

Clearly)))

forex____:

The probability of the existence of many such unicums is very low.

I say so, even though I have talked to the person

who used to beat everybody at chess sitting with his back to the chessboard...

40 years ago I sunbathed with a friend and played chess on the southern shore of Issyk-Kul. I used to go there every year with a free ticket to a factory pension near Kadzhi-Sai. Issyk-Kul is the pearl of Kyrgyzstan with the clearest blue water. There are only 2 disadvantages - the swimming season is shorter than the Black Sea season and there is tough ultraviolet radiation, as the lake is high above sea level.

So, we were playing chess and a young lad came up to us. He asks for a chance to play. We took him into our group. My friend suggested that I play with him. As it turned out later he was one of the strongest and most talented candidates for the Kirghiz master, who had studied at the Botvinnik Chess School. I was, and still am, playing at about the level of 1st class. Apparently, not expecting to meet a serious opponent on the beach, the child prodigy played carelessly, quickly and without thinking, and was unexpectedly defeated. He seemed to be very turned on by this and offered to play another game. He made a condition that he would play blind. He turned his back and the second game started. And here I fell into a psychological trap. Anyone who has played with children in championships knows how difficult it is to make himself play with them with full seriousness and tension. So it was with this child prodigy, playing blind against me. I couldn't get myself to play seriously in this game, so I lost. The prodigy proved with honour that he really is a strong chess player. That was the end of our relationship and we never saw him again.

khorosh:

About 40 years ago, a friend and I used to sunbathe and play chess on the southern shore of Issyk-Kul. In those years I used to go there every year with a free pass to a factory pension near Kadzhi-Sai. Issyk-Kul is the pearl of Kyrgyzstan with the clearest blue water. There are only 2 disadvantages - the swimming season is shorter than the Black Sea season and there is tough ultraviolet radiation, as the lake is high above sea level.

So, we were playing chess and a young lad came up to us. He asks for a chance to play. We took him into our group. My friend suggested that I play with him. As it turned out later he was one of the strongest and most talented candidates for the Kirghiz master, who had studied at the Botvinnik Chess School. I was, and still am, playing at about the level of 1st class. Apparently, not expecting to meet a serious opponent on the beach, the child prodigy played carelessly, quickly and without thinking, and lost unexpectedly. He seemed to be very turned on by this and offered to play another game. He made a condition that he would play blind. He turned his back and the second game started. And here I fell into a psychological trap. Anyone who has played with children in championships knows how difficult it is to make himself play with them with full seriousness and tension. So it was with this child prodigy, playing blind against me. I couldn't get myself to play seriously in this game, so I lost. The prodigy proved with honour that he really is a strong chess player. That was the end of our parting and we never met him again.

Full control of a chess game blindly - that must be a phenomenal memory. One might envy such a natural gift, but not an accidental win in a lottery at all).

Petrovich, good for you. You were lucky to win with a unicum). I love chess.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Complete control of a blind chess game must be a phenomenal memory. One might envy such a natural gift, but not an accidental lottery win at all).

Petrovich, good for you. You were lucky to win with a unicum). I love chess.

Yes, they also say he has a photographic memory.

It's a matter of chance, if he had known he was playing with a first-rate chess player and played at full strength he would have won the first game).

khorosh:

Yes, they also say he has a photographic memory.

If he had known he was playing with a first-rate player and played at full strength, he would have won the first game).

Maybe he got the player's jealousy that way. But it doesn't matter any more.

khorosh:

It was a matter of chance, if he had known he was playing with a first-rate player and played at full strength, he would have won the first game too).

As a student, I had to give a blind session to two of my friends...

Result: 1.5 out of 2 plus the prize - a bucket of beer... But I couldn't get that much into me...