From theory to practice. Part 2 - page 65

Uladzimir Izerski:

Why should there be 100% repeatability in markets in the form of a sine wave?

It is embarrassing to listen to such men of science looking for profit in a sine wave of prices.))

It's the order of the day in the chamber though.)

There will be no such thing. Exactly.

denis.eremin:

))) Well, theoretically, there is a constant variance and MO in this area - enough for a profile trade.

If it's a forward test, of course.

But you can't say so - it's something taken out of context.

The same series can be obtained by simply detrending the price series, but one still has to trade on the initial price series - no profit.

These are just the results of the forward test. I can't yet figure out at which point to change the direction of the trade.

Лаборатория - статистический анализ графиков цен.
Лаборатория - статистический анализ графиков цен.
  • www.mql5.com
Стационарность или постоянство — свойство процесса не менять свои характеристики со временем...

sibirqk:
I agree that simplicity in this case does not mean the simplicity of implementation.
It is not an ideological simplicity, it is a non-ideality).
To trade on a trend, you need to separate it from the price. But any oscillator doesn't highlight, but _destroys_ the trend component.

Any oscillator shows some kind of deviation from the average and trading on it is the same as trading on the MA.

It's a sine wave!!! Only not so pretty from the face.)))

Looking for a superMA?

Gentle wind on the MA.))

Uladzimir Izerski:

Any oscillator shows some kind of deviation from the average and trading on it is the same as trading on the MA.

It's a sine wave!!! Only not so pretty from the face.)))

Looking for a superMA?

Gentle wind on the MASK.))

Stop drinking! It's bad for your health!

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Stop drinking! It's not good for your health!

Don't flutter around in your fantasies, love...

And the ward's all the same.

Just so you're clearer about your illness, get it through your head, kid.

gambling addiction is listed as a mental disorder by the American Psychiatric Association.

You got a problem with American psychiatrists? That's where you should go. Don't come to me again.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Vova, there is no need to litter the thread.

About your wave theory - once again I want to remind you about SWT-method developed by N. Skrigan. Brilliant theory! I read it and enjoyed it.

Until he emptied all his deposits, which were given to him by investors. I'm afraid he suffered the same fate as the unforgettable Alyoshenka, who was cut down while trying to escape.

Alexander_K2:

Vova, there is no need to litter the thread.

About your wave theory - once again I want to remind you about SWT-method developed by N. Skrigan. Brilliant theory! I read it and enjoyed it.

Until he emptied all his deposits, which were given to him by investors. I'm afraid he suffered the same fate as the unforgettable Alyoshenka, who was cut off while trying to escape.

Sasha, got it.

I'm deleting it from my favourites.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Sasha, got it.

I'm deleting it from my favorites.

But don't.

It would be interesting to hear the differences between your system and Scrigan's SWT method. You have much in common. It's the same analysis of price behaviour on different timeframes. Or may I be mistaken?