Metatrader 4/5 MACOS ???? - page 18

Regarding Retina:

when building package via CrossOver, it is necessary to set"RetinaMode" parameter for Wine to "Y" inHKCU\Software\Wine\Mac Driver register.May we consider this feature and rebuild package to run the program optimized for high resolution.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Big fan of MT$!

Renat Fatkhullin #:

We are developing a new web terminal for MT5 with a new engine. We will be thinking about how to implement personal SSL certificates in it.

Please tell me if the new versionof Web Terminal already has support for extended authorization via SSL certificate?

Is there any difficulty in setting up the high resolution for Mac OS?

Renat Fatkhullin #:

We are working on a new MT5 web terminal with a new engine. We are going to install personal SSL certificates in it.

Happy New Year! In the past year there is a new web terminal, but when will it support extended authorization with SSL certificate?

Wasya_trader #:

I've installed MT4 using the CrossOver build ...

Hello traders, 

What is the "CrossOver build", and where do I find it please?

I'm attempting to run MT5setup.exe in Parallels/Win11 on my M1 Mac Pro (ARM) but it fails to launch (screenshot attached).  "Running as administrator" doesn't help.  Perhaps the "CrossOver Build" would resolve this?

I run MT4/MT5 native on the macOS (Monterey-12.6), but some of the bots are built for Windows only.  

I suppose I need a Windows box and quit messing around, but there is soooo much to like about the Mac, I'd love to hear from others who have been successful.

Again, what is the "CrossOver build", and where do I find it?

TIA!

Files:

Up to this poin(2023.10):

The market share of MacOS has reached 18%.
Linux has achieved an 80% market share on the server side.

However, there is still no native support for MT5 on these two operating systems, despite their significant market share.

Dao Liang Ding #:

Up to this poin(2023.10):

The market share of MacOS has reached 18%.
Linux has achieved an 80% market share on the server side.

However, there is still no native support for MT5 on these two operating systems, despite their significant market share.
I have no idea where you got these numbers, I cannot find them.

But for Linux, use WINE (Wine Is Not an Emulator) can be considered native, as it runs directly on hardware, and it works just fine. I am on Linux and have less trouble than I had on windows.

MacOS is also a UNIX, so a "sister" of Linux to some extend. Also running WINE, so arguably native.

Only the new ARM hardware on Apple is required to run an emulator.

I personally stay away from Apple products. But that's just my preference.

@admin, MT4 is not working for me on MacOS 14.3 however MT5 is working but I need MT4 is there a way to solve this? the app simply doesn't open. I'm speaking about the .pkg version not the App Store version.

Try downloading pkg version 1405 again and reinstalling it. If in this case the terminal will not start, you will have to delete the application and its directory inside ~/Library/Application support/net.metaquotes.metatrader4. Before deleting, make a copy of the directory.