Points VS Pips - page 161

Roman:
Instead of Points and Pips there should be a Tick.
And then it doesn't matter what instrument and what price step size 0.00001 or 0.25
One Tick and that's it, for all markets.

Yes.

Artem, why did you run away? I've already bought popcorn.

Алексей Тарабанов:

No, Andrei, I won't be doing that yet. I am counting on MQ's common sense in the first place. There are only a few professional traders here, and all the rest are counting on a miracle - to get rich quick, without any understanding of the subject area at all. There will be no miracle, there will be a disaster.

Too bad, because there is no sane information in 160 pages at all.

The passengers' whining about points/pips doesn't carry any information, it's unclear why they publish their equally pointless posts in packs.

Your post yesterday was spot on -- need a follow-up with a focus on how the increase in signification has affected the relationship of terms -- and a clarification of today's thought:

Alexei Tarabanov:

No, 0.000000001 is not a point, just a step change in price when discretised for the benefit of the platform and its users. A very necessary and useful metric, but totally inconsistent with the subject area metric of the same name that MT automates. It is like calling a pound a pound and making all users believe that a pound equals 420 grams.

Алексей Тарабанов:
Artem, why did you run away?
I looked through the window into the ward - that was enough.

Artyom Trishkin:
A peep through the window into the ward - that's enough.

Do you want me to persuade you?

Алексей Тарабанов:

Do you want me to persuade you?

I'm uncooperative without my own desire.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Do I have to?

It seemed to me that no one needed an argument here anymore. If there is a step, then there is no way to automate it, and I don't care what exactly we automate.

In fact, no one has ever tried or knows how to automate anything. So, everything is sad, Prince.

О! Andrey - tara! :-)

Did they give you a badge?

Congratulations!!!!! TO BE SO AUTOMATED... TO THE UNDERGROUND!!! :-)

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE AUTOMATION OF PRODUCTION PROCESSES.

Сергей Таболин:

This is the whole point. If you see this in the terminal

then this price can change by a minimum of 0.00001. One point. Just reread the thread, it's been said a hundred times. And this topic is open in the MT environment, not elsewhere.

yes. that's how it works here.

Can'tresist:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

StopLimit

Sergey Tabolin, 2019.12.07 16:33

Some people have pips, others have ticks... By golly, there aren't enough chaebols...

Vladimir Karputov:

I couldn't resist:

well, pips have already appeared in MT and on the website
Now we are waiting for a new generation of progessors to add chuburas to MT)