Creating a trading robot - page 14

Vadym Kulish:
Well, colleagues, we already have one advantage in the teamwork, we have to switch to MT5.

Four days ago, a colleague calls me on Skype and shows me a grail, which he wrote for a very long time - he could not think of a system that would give a profit. In general, he found it and decided to share. I ran the mt4 tester in video mode and showed the result.

Guess why I wasn't surprised?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Four days ago, a colleague calls me on Skype and shows me a grail, which he wrote for a long time - he could not think of a system that would give a profit. In general, he found it and decided to share. I ran the Mt4 tester in video mode and showed the result.

OHLC?

Vladimir Karputov:

OHLC?

No, by ticks)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Four days ago, a colleague calls me on Skype and shows me a grail, which he wrote for a very long time - he could not think of a system that would give a profit. In general, he found it and decided to share. I ran the mt4 tester in video mode and showed the result.

Obviously because the code should be only cross-platform, so it can be tested in MT5 and work on the terminal, which one wants.

It is clear that MT5 is by far better than MT4, let's say, my entire library is fully MT5-oriented and has been created under MT5 (at the time when MT5 already had OOP and MT4 didn't have it). Although, once one forum member, when he saw among a pile of files one with name like MT4Orders (crutches for compatibility) - said that it wasn't interesting at all. Nevertheless, I think it's too early to "write off" MT4. And let's say I have a long-standing MT4 account - so why should I close it ?

In particular, I already have my own joint project - it opens in MT5, but works on both platforms. I'm testing it now, and if everything goes well (hopefully in a week) - I'll offer it to those who are interested.

Anyway, I'm not going to drag it out...

We quickly transferred everything to mt5 and ran it with the same parameters and the Expert Advisor turned out to be a common sinker, of which there are many in the mt4 Market.

The matter is in the deceptive mt4 tester that is easy to create a million-dollar Expert Advisor in a couple of hours of writing. I've told him long ago that there is no point in checking anything in the mt4-tester if I have an mt5-tester at hand.

He's upset, and now he's searching for a profitable Expert Advisor in the mt5 tester.

If you are writing bots or are going to write them, then the move to mt5 is a very deliberate choice.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Anyway, I'm not going to drag it out...

We quickly transferred everything to mt5 and ran it with the same parameters and the Expert Advisor turned out to be a common sinker that is present in the mt4 Market.

The matter is in the deceptive mt4 tester that is easy to create a million-dollar Expert Advisor in a couple of hours of writing. I told him a long time ago that there is no point in checking anything in the mt4 tester if you have an mt5 tester at hand.

By the way, the expert must have been on minutes or even ticks - the result is not surprising.

The MT4 tester is not suitable for these modes.

However, even on the hours, it gives quite similar results to the MT5 tester. On the daily, however, the results are virtually the same.

Vadym Kulish:

An intellectual product will be created in time for their realisation. Only an altruistic person would be capable of sharing this product in the public domain. I am not an altruist. We need a closed forum to weed out freeloaders, such as the topiksarter.

Moderator advise, is it possible to create a private branch of the forum or how to organize communication within the team to work?

I oooooo doubt anything will be set up. Regardless of whether the forum is open or closed, and whether the participants are altruistic or not. Simply because the few who can offer something real have their own ideas. And they have little in common with the ideas of others. The majority of people will wait for a "freebie", offering practically nothing.

Georgiy Merts:

I really, really doubt that anything will be created. Regardless of whether the forum is open or closed, and whether the participants are altruistic or not. Simply because the few who can offer something real have their own ideas. And they have little in common with the ideas of others. The majority of people will wait for a "freebie", offering practically nothing.

No one is forbidden to raise something of their own. If a certain group of comrades need private communications, then one can pick up an arbitrary forum engine and attach authorization mql5 (this feature was kind of announced).

the webmaster's got about half a day's work to do.

PS/ about the prospects - I share your pessimism :-)

Georgiy Merts:

By the way, the Expert Advisor must have been on minutes, or even ticks - the result is not surprising.

The MT4 tester is not suitable for these modes.

But on watches - it gives quite similar results to the MT5 tester. On the daily chart the results are almost the same.

By the way, don't you admire those people who run all over the Internet searching for "where to download the history of MT4 with the 99% modelling quality"?

Maxim Kuznetsov:

about prospects - I share your pessimism :-)

That's right (let's keep it on a first name basis).

Just look at Peter Konov - how many people help him?

I needed help in testing individual TCs from my League - only two people responded.

Now - I'm laying out League TS in Shared Projects - anyone who connects will have all 672 actual TS in the tester, and for the promise to open a free signal on the interesting magician - he will be open to work with this magician for demo or for real. Do you think many people will be interested? At most they will install it and run a couple of TP in the tester and that is all.

Everybody wants to know less and do something, but at the same time - get more results. Alas, it will not work...