Canvas is cool! - page 34

Реter Konow:
  • Creating a script to compress the data.
  • processing of pictures in a graphical editor.
  • availability of developed MQL kanvas technology.

What is it for? We take a ready-made GIF-file. It already has compression. We only need to implement decompression.

Igor Makanu:

Once again you're mixing things up, using registered data formats is not plagiarism

if it's a gif, save the file with the extension .gif and click on it, Windows will open this file in a viewer, if so - you have a gif

You know, if you really want to understand and find the truth, read carefully the wikipedia definition of hypha.

Once again, here's the quote:

//-----------------------------

GIF ( GIF.Graphics Interchange Format) - a popular bitmap image format. It is capable of storing compressed data without loss of quality in a format of no more than 256 colours. The hardware-independent GIF format was developed in1987 (GIF87a) by CompuServe[en] for transmission of bitmap images over networks. The format was modified in 1989 (GIF89a) to include support for transparency and animation. GIF uses LZW-compression, which allows you to compress files, in which there are a lot of homogeneous fillings (logos, inscriptions, charts). GIF has long been one of the most common formats on the Internet.

//------------------------------

Against the fact that it's a gif:

1. my format is not popular, not proprietary, and can be called otherwise.

2. my format does not use colour palette indexing (causing quality degradation if there are more than 256 colours) (gif does).

Pros that it's a gif:

1. my format is capable of storing compressed data without loss of image quality (like a gif).

2. my format is capable of compressing data that has a chain of repeating colours (like a gif).

3. my format uses a similar principle of not writing repeating data from frame to frame (like a gif).

Most people know that most people associate the term "GIF" with a small repetitive video of low image quality. It's the same term I use to refer to my looped video sequences.

The main function is to transmit short video information in a looping manner. And that's exactly it - there's no conceptual difference. And in concrete realization of compression - of course, there is. Only the essence of the solution is more important than its name.

Fairy-tale stupefaction

Koldun Zloy:

What's that for? We take a pre-made GIF file. It already has compression. We just need to implement decompression.

Well, that's an interesting, bold idea. Give it a try. You will have to translate the .gif into a text file, create an algorithm for reading and playing it. I think it may work, but it will probably be even more work than I did. Try it and show me. The playback mechanism will be much more sophisticated. I know what I'm talking about. But, you'll save the effort of producing a gif through step-by-step image processing, unless you need instructions. If you need instructions, you'll still need to process each picture in an editor.

And just videos without sound and instructions are of little use in MQL.

Man (not everyone naturally) is a monkey. Refute it.

Anyone who cares about the title: Call it what you like. I use the closest and clearest association for a looping video sequence. It's not a matter of principle.

Реter Konow:

Well, it's certainly an interesting, cheeky idea. Give it a try. You'll have to translate the .gif into a text file, create an algorithm to read and play it back. I think it can work, but it will probably be even more work than I did. Try it and show me. The playback mechanism will be much more sophisticated. I know what I'm talking about. But, you'll save the effort of producing a gif through step-by-step image processing, unless you need instructions. If you need instructions, you'll still need to process each picture in an editor.

And just videos without sound and instructions are of little use in MQL.

Why complicate things so much?

I don't argue that it's a lot of work, but it's superfluous to translate it into a text file. I don't even understand how to do it and what you get out of it.

You have to open the file as a binary file. Read the header. Find all the information you need in it. Then unzip all the pictures.

Koldun Zloy:

Why make it so complicated?

It's a lot of work, I don't argue, but translating it into a text file is unnecessary. I don't even understand how to do it and what it will do for you.

You have to open the file as a binary file. Read the header. Find all the information you need in it. Then unzip all the pictures.

I look forward to your implementation.

Реter Konow:
To anyone who cares about the title: Call it what you want. I use the closest and clearest association for a looped video sequence. It's not a matter of principle.

It's a matter of principle. There are many formats other than gif. They are all designed to be understood in the same way by different programs.

In general, it's strange that you always go your own particular way, but you stole the name from GIF.

You should come up with your own name, then no one will have any complaints.

Реter Konow:
I'm waiting for your implementation.

Don't wait. I already said it would take a long time.

And all for what? So you can look at it and say, "So what?"

It's not worth it.