Canvas is cool! - page 30

Andrey Dik:
can it be saved in video?

You have to dig into the topic from somewhere here:docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/embedded/aa451196(v=msdn.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Uncompressed (without using a codec) should be extremely easy. Probably.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You have to dig into the topic from somewhere here:docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/embedded/aa451196(v=msdn.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Uncompressed (without using a codec) should be extremely easy. Probably.

sounds like what we need. thanks....

I support Nikolai. Whatever the question, that's the answer. Anything is possible. There is no ready-made solution.

How to implement? Take any video format, study it, and write a code to generate the required file from a sequence of pictures.

Or, you can port a ready-made library for screenshot conversion, take a screenshot of a screen with the required frequency and then convert it.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

How to implement? Take any video format, examine it, and write code to generate the desired file from a sequence of pictures.

ffmpeg handles this very well. i.e. you don't need to write any code - one line of command

This is Nikolai's thread, and I'm not going to take away his laurels, just to confirm his words about the implementation of the video in MQL5:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/blogs/post/728365

It's not a video yet, but a full-fledged gif. So, he's absolutely right.

Окна с гифами. Демо.
Окна с гифами. Демо.
  • www.mql5.com
Окна с демонстрацией зацикленного видео-ряда внутри MQL-программы. Может пригодиться в документациях к программам. Очень удобно наглядно передавать инструкцию

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

I support Nikolai. Whatever the question, that's the answer. Anything is possible. There is no ready-made solution.

How to implement? Take any video format, study it and write a code to generate the required file from a sequence of pictures.

Or you can port a ready-to-use library for screenshot conversion, make a screenshot at a required frequency and then convert it.

You can, of course, but you don't need to. In the sense that a minimum is needed:

1. save the required images
  2. to consecutively display the pictures on the canvas.
It does not require any special study of codecs. Another thing is that this approach does not provide for compression. Although, if you use #resource directive, the images are compressed automatically. But, it was not enough for me and I used my own compression. But it's not necessary. So, there is no difficulty at all. We have integrated the images and wrote the algorithm for displaying them on the canvas. Here we have video. )

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

I support Nikolai. Whatever the question, that's the answer.

Thanks, Andrew :)

Andrey Dik:
I will explain, Andrew, my logical reasoning to your question "can you save in video?".
Before answering any question, I try to understand, by available means, who is asking the question and his level. In order, firstly, to structure my answer more correctly and understandably, and, secondly, to understand the meaning of a very vague question, so as not to answer a question with a question.
Clearly - I went to your profile.
  • If I saw there rating of say 162 and 2-5 months on the forum, I would have understood that the question is posed by a newbie.
And I would have answered simply: "At the moment, video saving is not implemented in MT5, but it can be done if you want".
  • But I remember your name came across my board quite often and from your profile I understood that I'm dealing with an experienced programmer, who's been working on the forum more than 10 years, has 5 times more posts than me and has at least one article, 5 completed tasks and three QB codes in his arsenal; moreover, his rating is higher than mine by more than 2 times.
So I guess you're an expert in MT5 and you know the documentation as well as I do, so I think your question about possibility to save video and you're interested in my opinion, because I'm kind of an expert in Kanvas.
That's why I started answering you in the format of potential capability.
  • Or you're just another smart guy who likes to make fun of others like "your brooms can fly".

But the banterers don't bother me much, because, as a rule, they are people who consider themselves to be very clever, but in fact they are very unintelligent and clumsy, against whom, as a rule, a slight trick of psychological aikido is enough and they collapse with general laughter.

ZS And as for the moon, your answer NO made me smile. Know this, it is your correct answer. My 'wrong' answer to such a question will again be different depending on who is asking me the question.

Реter Konow:

This is Nikolai's thread, and I'm not going to take away his laurels, just to confirm his words about the implementation of the video in MQL5:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/blogs/post/728365

It's not a video yet, but a full-fledged gif. So, he's absolutely right.

Peter, sorry, I saw your demonstration of the animated gif, but it just slipped my mind.
I should've linked to your work when we started talking about video.
How do you put the footage together?
I don't understand how you capture code from ME.
If it's even just through screenshots, well done anyway as I can see they're packed.
Your work deserves attention.

ZS The thread though I created it and somehow historically it's more of a running thread as kanvas is something of a hobby and an outlet for me.
But I don't feel like I'm the boss here or that it's some kind of private territory. The doors are open. Everyone is welcome. All are welcome. And even trolls, because they sometimes give you a drive. :)

And you know, here a hundred years ago, Zorro demonstrated the playback of an animated gif through a canvas. Not some obscure looped video sequence, but a simple animated gif.

Nikolai Semko:

Peter, sorry, I saw your demonstration of the animated gif...

What makes you think Peter has an animated gif there?