Talking about the PLO in the lounge - page 13

Nikolai Semko:

It is amusing, of course, to read the arguments of the opponents of the PLO. One story by H.G. Wells "Land of the Blind" comes to mind at once.

There was a dude there, kind of a mountaineer, who happened to be in a country of blind people, isolated from the world. They were blind from birth. As a result, the dude wanted to cure his "sight" disease with a simple surgery.
Here is a quote from this book:

He got his feet out of there by force.

The same goes for all the arguments about the harmfulness of PLO.

How can you explain to a person born blind that the grass is green?

The arguments about harmfulness of OOP must first learn how to program using OOP and create at least a couple of large projects using this technology before you bring arguments.

I read this story when I was young, I remember it well, it stuck in my heart too!

Renat Fatkhullin:

Stop arguing about OOP.

It's long gone and arguing "procedural vs object-oriented" was possible 20 years ago. Now it's just ridiculous and doesn't even amount to flaming.

A fable, as Volchansky is fond of doing: 1995-1996, I was working on a network project, and my supervisor came up and asked me: "Can you write with classes? - Of course, I do, and here's the code.

Well, now that you mention me, I was acquainted with OOP in the very early 90s. At that time Borland made some timid rudiments of OOP in its Turbo Pascal. My guys brought me a printer printout, some docuduce translation; there it was sparingly explained on one page what OOP is and why it's necessary. That's when I read it and got into it. And then came Delphi and Cpp Builder, where all my VCL was OOP-based.

SZZY: Still, I was a pretty good embedded programmer, I was familiar with every byte and every tact of the controller. One does not prevent the other.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

no, i haven't drank vodka in over 10 years, after i got poisoned at the 1st event (like a band day) and got stuck in a classmate's bathroom for 2 hours, refurbishing everything inside, including the washing machine, the laundry cabinet along with the laundry.... By the way, it was just the 2 of us and about 10 girls... it was an epic fuckup :) but the vodka must have been really bad, or just too much

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

no, i haven't drank vodka in over 10 years, after i got poisoned at the 1st event (like a band day) and got stuck in a classmate's bathroom for 2 hours, refurbishing everything inside, including the washing machine, the laundry cabinet along with the laundry.... By the way, there were only 2 of us and about 10 girls there... it was an epic fuckup :) but the vodka was really bad, or just overdosed

the story wasn't about the vodka. but I'm okay with it.

there are periods of creative binge, i call it when i have a burning idea and want to check it as soon as possible. then i don't want to drink, i don't want to eat or sleep

And there are periods when you can relax a little, I watched a movie at weekends, downloaded and lay for weeks

Олег avtomat:

And it's Monday, someone's got to work... I think I'll go to bed too

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The story wasn't about the booze ))) but I'm fine with it

there are periods of creative binge - I call it that, when I have a burning idea and want to check it out faster

and there are periods when you can relax a little, I watched a movie last weekend, downloaded and lay there

I just remembered... I'm okay with that too, so I don't feel like I've had enough... :) The last time I drank local wine in Sochi... I don't remember how much I drank, I think it was 3-4 litres... It was a good starry night and interesting people to relax with... One was from some kind of reclusive unit, he was reclusive himself and he kept meaning to go and talk to somebody... I ended up dragging him into the sea at night, with glowing plankton, beautiful... on the border with Abkhazia... no one seemed to drown :) Poor girl I was dating at the time...

I thought it was going to be about OOP, but no, it's the usual infernal flurry...

Off topic...

Vladimir Pastushak:

I thought it would be something about OOP, but no, it's the same as always...

Off topic...

So.... The Prehoon Society (or you can make it up with a "P").

Artyom Trishkin:
So.... The Prehoon Society (or you can spell it with a "P").

Well, if the moderators are asleep, they will be.) And the OOP course is already in full swing. But not here. There is no sense to start something serious here.