Who has a website? Is it worth it or not to keep your own resource? - page 6

Sergey Golubev:

Of course, there are rare cases when, for example, a coder or trader already has a known and developed client base of several thousand people of the target audience (potential clients who will follow him to any site), there are target social accounts already promoted in the past, have their own content, etc. But even then, the flow of visitors goes to mql5 from the site, not the other way around. For example, I know several well-known English-speaking coders who have had their own sites for years. They have done it in the following way: they put widgets of their products on their websites and links to articles from here and something else, with some obligatory information, etc. It means, they send their visitors to mql5 portal, not from mql5 to their website (and they do it forcedly, because there is no other way to do it now).

And no one is talking about redirecting the flow from mql.com to your site. On the contrary, I think it's economic suicide. On the contrary, you need to create an additional stream of target audience, to the products in the Marketplace. Why I'm thinking about this thought will be written in the next post.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
And no one is talking about redirecting the flow from mql.com to your site. On the contrary, I think it's economic suicide. On the contrary, you need to create an additional stream of target audience, to the products on the Marketplace. Why I'm thinking about this thought will be written in the next post.

One way to find a target audience is through posts and threads on third-party forums.

-------------

I remember from tsd forum - there was a division of third-party forums into friendly (posts from there were allowed) and unfriendly (posts with links to them were removed). Approximately the same system was (and maybe still is) on the forex-factory forum.

And another - in some third-party forums, there are commercial sections, where you can (if you follow their rules) - make a branch about the products for example (or the signal).

The audience will then be targeted (i.e., only those who are interested in the product or the signal itself will visit the Market or signals).
But to make such a branch (and so that the branch also normally lasts for a few weeks on a third-party forum like this) - it's a difficult task, because all third-party forums (and I'm talking about the English-language ones) do not get fat, sorry ...

-------------

In general, the English part of the forum (already talking about our mql5) has many threads with questions about how to promote a signal or make a promotion for a Market product. The reply is always that, for example, you can do promotion in your profile and, if carefully, in blogs.
But for some reason they seldom take into account the possibility of promotion on third-party forums, which is where the target audience resides and where there is a big shortage of coders, Market products and signals.

-------------

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

it's all useless gestures, especially selling advertising and affiliate brokers. A website is created for a specific product or idea; dummy websites die quickly and do not generate income, or they need to be dealt with - like going to work every day, writing lots of meaningless posts, enticements, etc. If the product is good, you create a blog on a popular platform, buy a template (or there are plenty of free), no search engine optimization is needed, because if rpoodt with a unique name, the site will almost always by default in the top search engines + will always shine in the ratings of the platform where it was created, and this thousands of hits. + buying a domain that the site would have a normal url. All this takes 2-3 days. In total, your costs are only for the domain. Profit.

All as if literate. Can not argue. But let's break it down point by point:

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

If the product is good - you create a blog on a popular site...

There are no blogs on mql.com. What is meant by"traders' blogs" is just a rubbish dump of something out there, with zero or so citations and no hits. Yes, there are other specialized blogs like smartlab (I hope moderators will not cut reference to an enemy resource:). But all Russian-language resources - it's a waste of time. If you want to sell software immediately forget about Russia and the CIS.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Next, spamming all the forex forums (where you can and can not)...

And as a result, banning and deleted messages that will not last 10 minutes. Virtually every normal resource has strict filters in the form of responsive moderators, honed to discover direct and indirect advertising.

All the same, on someone else's resource, you will feel like a guest and live by their rules.

Sergey Golubev:

But for some reason, they rarely take into account the possibility of doing promotion on third-party forums, which is where the target audience lives, and where there is a big shortage of coders, Market products and signals.

Can you tell us more about it? Because your post does not make it clear: you may post something on other resources, but :

Sergey Golubev:

... But to make such a branch (and the branch should normally last for about several weeks on such third-party forum) is a difficult task, because all third-party forums (and I speak about English-language ones here) do not get rich, sorry ...

You can but you can't... or you can't but you sort of can... In general, not clear.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

It's all kind of competent. Can't argue with that. But let's break it down point by point:

There are no blogs on mql.com. What is meant by"trader blogs" is just trash of something out there, with zero or so citations and no views. Yes, there are other specialized blogs like smartlab (I hope moderators will not cut reference to an enemy resource:). But all Russian-language resources - it's a waste of time. If you want to sell software immediately forget about Russia and the CIS.

And as a result of the ban and deleted messages that will not live 10 minutes. Virtually any normal resource, strict filters in the form of responsive moderators, sharpened to ferret out direct and indirect advertising.

All the same, on someone else's resource you will feel like a guest and live by their rules.

Anything else may be debatable, but the highlighted and underlined is just that.

FSU countries in terms of sales of ready-made products are nothing. Lots of freeloaders :-) More amused by knocks in the personal message, "implement my grail and no one say a word, you-you have 20 minutes. time, and I'm pleased and the money they will send in 20 years maybe.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

It's all kind of competent. Can't argue with that. But let's break it down point by point:

There are no blogs on mql.com. What is meant by"trader blogs" is just trash of something out there, with zero or so citations and no views. Yes, there are other specialized blogs like smartlab (I hope moderators will not cut reference to an enemy resource:). But all Russian-language resources - it's a waste of time. If you want to sell software immediately forget about Russia and the CIS.

And as a result of the ban and deleted messages that will not live 10 minutes. Almost any normal resource, strict filters in the form of responsive moderators, sharpened to ferret out direct and indirect advertising.

All the same, on someone else's resource you will feel like a guest and live by their rules.

And no, I meant on any popular platform - ZhJ or blogger, not trader. Be surprised how many traders there are on ZhJ, the same Mytrade and almost all the more or less famous near-market traders.

Many forums now have an advertising section where they dump all kinds of spam, but they read it too and do not delete the links :)

Smartlab is a treasure trove of hidden (and not very) advertisements :)

For foreign resources, it's the same in principle, babypips forexfactories... via google... the most valuable thing is when there are backlinks

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Could you go into more detail about this? Because your post does not quite make it clear: it seems as if something can be posted on other resources, but:

I.e. it was like you can but you can't or you can't but you kind of can... All in all, it's not clear.

Why not? You can ...

When I was a tsd forum admins, the forex-factory forum was considered friendly and branches from it were not deleted (except for commerce - commercial branches were moved to the commercial section). So, different third party forums have their own policies.

---------------

As far as I remember - forex-factory forum has a commercial section, but the branch is first reviewed by forum users and if a few people there write that the product or signal is ok, then the branch is allowed into the main commercial section (and then sales will grow quickly as the audience is targeted).

---------------

Other forums have different rules. For example, where there is no commercial section, so-called "signatures" at the end of each post are popular (and this can be a link to the product in the Marketplace).

---------------

One more option, which is used mainly by young, unknown to the English speaking masses coders: they visit third-party forums and search for such threads, where they ask to program something in the threads for free. And they do it (alert to the indicator and so on). Many coders developed this way (for example, in my memory it was young Polish coders who developed this way). Being promoted does not mean that they became the best programmers, it means that everyone knows them.
It is not a fast but very reliable way.

---------------

Why third-party forums?
How are they different from, for example, our mql5 forum?

Because nowhere else have such a concentration of coders as here.
And third-party forums (those that have not yet closed) - not at all fat, and many have closed simply because there is no one there either for free or for a fee ...

And given that newbie traders on many third-party forums are in vast majority (and there are either no or few coders), any normal promotion will do good.

But here we should keep in mind that the position of third-party forums as such is no longer what it was e.g. 5 or 7 years ago (when there was a small boom in forums).

Sergey Golubev:

But here we should keep in mind that the situation of third-party forums as such is no longer what it was e.g. 5 or 7 years ago (when there was a small boom in forums).

Probably because the trend of interest in trading and forex has been decreasing for many years:

Vasili, where are you watching this? I want to watch something too.

Stanislav Aksenov:

Vasili, where are you watching this? I want to see something too.

google trends