Who has a website? Is it worth it or not to keep your own resource? - page 13

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The actual question is in the title of the topic. MetaQuotes gives you few opportunities to promote your products and ideas within the platform. There is a Marketplace with multilingual support, screenshots and descriptions (albeit short). There are blogs where you can publish additional material, including commercial ones. There is, after all, a forum where you can simply share your ideas.

On the other hand, many developers have their own websites. Recently thinking about the same - to have their own site. The question is, is it worth the effort? How will it increase sales? The site has to be seriously taken care of: content, translation, updating information, not to mention the permanent development. So it turns out that the cost, at least just the time will be serious, and monetisation from this case is not obvious. On the other hand, if you are serious about the site is still needed.

Feedback from those who have had such an experience. What do you think about it?

There are several ways to monetize your site including ads, affiliate or even sponsorship. I'm not going to go through all of the benefits building your own site may depend on what you are goals are, This is a good thing if you want to build your own brand, you can CEO market and advertise under your own rules etc., the cost is not even that much when it comes to getting the site to the web, maybe because I'm a web developer( I code myself and setup the servers manually), digital ocean virtual machines cost starts about 5$ a month to host a website

as cheap as it might sound, this process is painful and takes time to get thing working especially if you choose to go alone 

from my point of view it's worth it, but you can use site builders to avoid the development/maintenance hassle so that you can focus on the business side of the equation 

Omega J Msigwa #:

There are several ways to monetise a website, including advertising, affiliate or even sponsorship. I'm not going to go through all the benefits of creating your own website may depend on your goals, It's a good thing if you want to build your own brand, you can CEO market and advertise by your own rules etc, the cost is not even that much when it comes to getting a website online, maybe because I am a web developer (I code myself and set up servers by hand), digital ocean virtual machines cost starts around $5 per month to host a website

As cheap as it sounds, the process is painful and takes time to get things working, especially if you decide to go it alone.

It's worth it from my perspective, but you can use website builders to avoid development/maintenance issues so you can focus on business.

Not worth it alone, you need the competencies of a web, seo, cm, coder, algorithmist, trader.... it's very rare to go it alone.