Interesting and humorous (politics and history banned) - page 123

transcendreamer:

As if it is something bad 😁 there is no other way anyway 😉 technoluddite traditionalists will be left on the sidelines of history to swallow dust 😏

The problem with any -ism is that the impression of it is usually badly spoiled by its inherent -ists) You can take communism or capitalism for example. They say that even Nazi fans had similar problems) No such problem with alcoholism, but only for the lack of the word "alcoholist")

An example of unpleasant transhumanists in literature would be the cosmonites in Isaac Asimov's Founding series. They also turned out to be useless for space exploration there, by the way.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Like we do what we want, and if anything, mutation will save us? Mutation will happen anyway, if there are no options. Mutation happens out of desperation, when there is no opportunity for selection.

You could go so far as to conclude that women are the cause of genocide... They are the source and main driving force behind genocide. And why break down? If anything, mutation will save the world.

"Can't come to the same conclusion using logic." komposter (c)

transcendreamer:

P.S. Transhumanism will save everyone, genetic + cell therapy/engineering, everything will be fine, I promise.

One point - not everyone, but those who have the money to do it (lots of money).

Andrei Trukhanovich:

One point - not everyone, but those who have money (lots of money).

he's talking about that, though not directly).

Aleksey Nikolayev:

An example of unpleasant transhumanists in literature would be the cosmonites in Isaac Asimov's Founding series. There, by the way, they also turned out to be useless for space exploration.

Well how can I put it, it was essentially their legacy that brought the project to completion

Aleksey Nikolayev:

The problem with any -ism is that the impression of it is usually greatly spoiled by its inherent -ists) You could take communism or capitalism as an example. They say that even fans of Nazism had similar problems) There is no such problem with alcoholism, but only for the lack of the word "alcoholist".)

An example of unpleasant transhumanists in literature would be the cosmonites in Isaac Asimov's Founding series. They also turned out to be useless for space exploration there, by the way.

No one should know that the Dreamer is a cosmonite! 😁

Andrei Trukhanovich:

One point - not everyone, but those who have the money (lots of money) to do so.

That goes without saying. The rich have a better chance of surviving a nuclear winter in the event of nuclear war in their well-equipped bunkers. Thus a bunch of such rich people will play the role of Noah's ark and serve as the basis for the rebirth of mankind.

so many new words, I can't keep up with all the googling :D

and it turns out that some fairy tale characters are being discussed in all seriousness )

Andrei Trukhanovich:

One point - not everyone, but those who have the money to do so (lots of money).

A reasonable person does not need it for nothing.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

so many new words, I can't keep up with all the googling :D

And it turns out that some fairy tale characters are being discussed in all seriousness )

I think the discussion is largely in jest, they just forget to put smiley faces).