Euro Rat - page 6

This is the indicator:

Screenshots of the MetaTrader trading platform

AUDUSD, D1, 2017.10.12

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

Fractal-based support and resistance lines indicator

AUDUSD, D1, 2017.10.12, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Fractal based resistance and support lines.

elmucon:

no - no way

there is no reversal here - i.e. the resistance line does not become support after a breakdown ...

Show me an example where a resistance line becomes support after a breakdown (or vice versa).

Vladimir Karputov:

Show an example where a resistance line becomes support after a breakdown (or vice versa).

the forum was glitchy ...

here's a picture ...

left to right - support support support breakdown resistance resistance resistance

tsui

elmucon:

the forum was glitchy ...

here's the picture ...

left to right - support support breakdown resistance resistance

In this case you need an indicator, as I said before:

Forum on Trading, Automated Trading Systems & Strategy Testing

Euro Rat

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.10.11 15:24

Let's start with support and resistance levels. First, the easiest step: searching in the kodobase (of course, priority is given to the MQL5 code). Suggest which indicator we will use.

Maybe a channel like this will work for you...

Files:

Vladimir Karputov:

In that case you need an indicator, as I said before:

yes I've seen it - one doesn't work the other is two bars late and the parabolic is signalling too often ...

elmucon:

I've seen it - one doesn't work, the other is two bars late and the parabolic signals too often ...

Then we can go our own way: define the terms "support" and "resistance" in relation to the indicator and write it :) .

Vladimir Karputov:

Then you can go your own way: define the terms "support" and "resistance" in relation to the indicator and write it :) .

For example this picture:

Resistance becomes support

At "1", "2" and "3" the distance to the straight line (which for "1", "2" and "3" is still support) is different. This leads us to the conclusion that it is not enough to find minima on some interval, we should also introduce a variable of scatter values (both in "+" and in "-").

The variation is in the "+" and in the "-":

Support line, range of values