What is a trend? - page 58

Ivan Butko:

Then what is an extremum? It is understood as "a candle to the left and to the right of which all candles are higher/lower than it", in other words it is a fractal.
A fractal is related to a certain TF.
If we understand it as "a price on the chart to the left and to the right of which all the quotes are higher/lower than it".
Then we have a vague definition: the number of quotations is not specified and everyone will see different extremums.

don't understand what's vague? Why would you want to be tied to a specific time frame? I will clarify, the trend can be identified by extrema on the chart, or by another one, if by extrema, then the question is how to identify those extrema? You like to sort out extrema according to fractions (of 5 candles), I think three of them will do, and not to tie them to halves, but to look at the picture in general... Right?

-------

I don't get a notification of replies to my posts on my smartphone, do you?

Ivan Butko:

We haven't decided what the trend is yet

How do you define it for yourself? If you already have types of trends...

Do you have Skype?

aleger:

Do you have Skype?

throw a screenshot of the trends, here's an example

Sergey Lazarenko:

throw a screenshot of the trends, here's an example

I am more comfortable on Skype (I have little interest in the past)

One of the parameters of a trend is time , i.e. for a formal representation , in search of a definition , the timeframe in question must be defined .

The trick is that the fact that there is a trend in the market gives little, the trend is the general direction of price, and where is Tbh (entry point)? After all, we need to attach a stop to Tvx and then take a profit so that the risk/profit of the trade would be big enough to compensate losses of unsuccessful trades

aleger:

Do you have Skype?

If you've identified for yourself what a trend is and how to find it with practical use, then you can write here, that's what I created the topic for. If your idea is worth the money, then PM me, I will consider any suggestions.

Veniamin Skrepkov:
One of the parameters of a trend is time , i.e. for a formal representation , in search of a definition , you need to define the timeframe in question .

Here, another person appeals to the time period.

Sergey Lazarenko:
The thing is that the market trend gives us little, the trend is the general price direction but where is the TVX (entry point)? Because we need to attach a stop to Tvx and then take profit so that the risk/profit of a deal would be big enough to take away losses of unsuccessful deals

You're going off topic again. Its main premise is to formalise for lack of variation and further algorithmisation (of practical use on this prog resource). And initially you need to define what a trend is.

By saying that"the trend is the general direction of price" and"the fact that there is a trend in the market gives little effect", you are talking about abstract things. What is a trend? What does "general price direction" mean? What does it take to be able to say "general price direction"? What are the conditions for it? When does "general price direction" become non-general or is it always general?
This is what I am talking about, you seem to say simple things, but in fact they are incomprehensible.

Two traders talk about the eurodollar, one long-term trader and the other short-term trader, one tells the other:
- Trying to get out of a flat, my positions are still hanging.
The other replies:
- What kind of a flat? One trend replaces the other.

Both of them are right. But they verbally contradict each other.

Sergey Lazarenko:
One needs to attach a stop to Tvx and then take a profit to make the trade's risk/profit large enough to compensate for losses from failed trades
The sweetest part, but you still need to get there))

Sergey Lazarenko:

you throw in a screenshot of the marked trends, here's an example

Reminds me of Duk's "quantum" markup)) Not using his work?

From the attached screenshot, you can already define a trend:

A trend is a range of quotes on a price chart, defined by two parallel lines, called a corridor or price channel, constructed... (according to some rules of yours).

That's something!

Ivan Butko:

Reminds me of Duk's "quantum" markup). Not taking advantage of his work?

From the attached screenshot we can already define a trend:

A trend is a range of quotes on a price chart, defined by two parallel lines, called a corridor or price channel, drawn... (according to some rules of yours).

That's something!

I don't get it, what are you rooting for? Determine the trend by extrema? Which in turn sort out by fractals (of 5 candles)? Here is the Euro, the indicator goes successively to tops and troughs which in their turn are fractals(candlesticks), I marked trend channels right?