What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 44

Rann:

We need a quality aggregator. I don't get it, do you have it or not?

Renat:

Suffice it to read what I've said several times before: MetaTrader 5 Exchange Server is a proprietary matching engine of the five, will be launched soon..

That's a no.

Rann:
I wouldn't want to be tied to one platform. I want a platform-independent system, with the ability to give APIs and all the other intricacies.

Then good luck with development, but don't forget about obsolescence when a mass-produced solution comes out. There is no need to doubt its release.

About "giving an API":

1. In MT5, all brokers have full native connectivity by default, so there is no question about the api
  2. The client terminals in MT5 have such an api, that nonsense about "now I will make a connection utility on my knee and will execute trades" do not arise either. The questions arise only for the parasitic developers of third-party services who naively believe that they have the right to access other people's systems.

Renat:

Good luck with development then, but don't forget about obsolescence when a mass-produced solution comes out. No need to doubt its release.

Isn't "demand begets supply"?

And then it feels as if Renat is talking about his future MQ Monopoly over the market...

...MicrosoftDetect?

JJerboa:

Isn't "demand begets supply"?

And then it feels like Renat is talking about his future MQ Monopoly over the market...

...MicrosoftDetect?

Tell me what was the demand for Kodak soapboxes before they came out? The demand was 0. People didn't know you could take pictures yourself without dragging around a professional photographer. But the revolution wasn't even the soapbox itself, it was the ecosystem Renat talks about. Kodak had created a network of film processors where people could use the raw film to process photos and it was not centralized, it was a business opportunity, Kodak just released its own machines to produce develop the film and print the photo.

Before MQ only a handful of professionals were involved in forex, MQ created the retail industry with MetaTrader. Virtually launched thousands of small businesses. Competition will come, but then when MQ becomes an old established company, when its mastermind gets tired and hands over the reins, that's when the young blood will decide it's time to challenge the old wolf. In the meantime, there is no company on the horizon that is really ready to compete with MQ. Competitors are there, but no one is so focused on the core task to overtake MQ, and it's not because the competitors are weak, but because the pace of MQ's development is very high.

In short, hallelujah :)

Now for the bad news, Renat, it is clear that a manager has to be persistent, but often your decisions try to counter the elements and you lose momentum. It would have been enough to introduce CCA in MT5 and you could have virtually created order accounting in addition to netting, but you are stubborn about breaking the foundations. In the war against windmills you let your competitors get close. Of course, it is good that you made the decision (in order not to lose all the work on creation of MT5) to put MT4 on the same rails as MT5, but you must admit that being a little more flexible, 3 years later we could already talk about equal share of MT4 and MT5 or even more for MT5.

Urain:

Tell me what was the demand for Kodak soapboxes before they came out...?

The market is dynamic, in a couple of years no one will remember who came first.

JJerboa:

The market is dynamic, in a couple of years no one will remember who came first.

Here I completely agree, the medals do not matter, what is important is to keep up the momentum.

In business, if you are really the first, you get a competitive advantage in the form of more resources, which is why I say that by fighting wind turbines, MQ loses momentum and under-receives resources.

The pace is too fast.

Look at the rate of release of builds, the growth rate of MQL5.community services and activity there:

In the last few hours, 8 900 screenshots have been published, 88 new signals have been added and the total number of registered users has increased to 105 000. And mql4.com has only 83,000 registered users in as many years.

Renat:

The pace is too fast.

Look at the rate of release of builds, the growth rate of MQL5.community services and activity there:

In the last few hours, 8 900 screenshots have been published, 88 new signals have been added and the total number of registered users has increased to 105 000. And mql4.com has only 83,000 registered users in as many years.

Out of these 105,000, 83,000 are from mql4.com on MQL5.community. That is, there are only 22,000 new ones. This is 3.8 times less than on mql4.com.

Absolutely not.

At the launch of mcl5, we only moved the active accounts from mcl4 that started communicating on mcl5 from the start. The rest of the inactive ones were deleted after a couple of months. As a result there were only 2500 people who switched to mcl5 site. There were no more transfers and the user base grew evolutionarily:

This is easy to check at the link https://www.mql5.com/ru/wall/page100 from the site history wall. On the wall is the entire history of the site's development and statistics for each day. Anyone can track the entire development of the resource.

Mt5 has a very interesting and useful "market" function. Can you please tell me, apart from statistics on adding signals and commodity positions, is the statistics on buying signals, Expert Advisors, etc. available?

It would be much more convenient, if the market has the goods arranged on shelves-categories, rather than in a box with second-hand rags.

It would also be nice to expand the range of categories, provide the ability to open the market window to the whole terminal and allow the user to customize the contents of the "tools" window.