What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 45

The products are categorised - look at the drop-down rubricator in the terminal, and general browsing is better done by site. Market statistics have already been published once in articles on mql5.com

Urain:

Tell me, what was the demand for Kodak soap operas before they came out? People didn't know that you could take pictures yourself without dragging around a professional photographer. But the revolution wasn't even the soapbox itself, it was the ecosystem Renat talks about. Kodak had created a network of film processors where people could use the raw film to process photos and it was not centralized, it was a business opportunity, Kodak just released its own machines to produce develop the film and print the photo.

Before MQ only a handful of professionals were involved in forex, MQ created the retail industry with MetaTrader. Virtually launched thousands of small businesses. Competition will come, but then when MQ becomes an old established company, when its mastermind gets tired and hands over the reins, that's when the young blood will decide it's time to challenge the old wolf. In the meantime, there is no company on the horizon that is really ready to compete with MQ. Competitors are there, but no one is so focused on the core task to overtake MQ, and it's not because the competitors are weak, but because the pace of MQ's development is very high.

In short, hallelujah :)

Now for the bad, Renat it is clear that a leader must be persistent, but often your decisions are trying to withstand the elements and on this you lose momentum. It was enough to introduce CCA in MT5 and you could virtually create order accounting in addition to netting, but you stubbornly say you need to break the foundations. In the war against windmills you let your competitors get close. Of course, it is good that you made the decision (in order not to lose all the work on creation of MT5) to put MT4 on the same rails as MT5, but you must admit that being a little more flexible, 3 years later we could already talk about equal share of MT4 and MT5 or even more for MT5.

Now I "recognize my brother Kolya. ))

The right song, the right chorus. I agree 100%.

+ + +

Dear developers!

As a hands-on trader, I'll tell you what both platforms lack the most and why they're both not really professional. It's the ask history and the ability to test with asks and bids. That's the most important thing you need in a platform at all. The capacity and size of hard disks and RAM in computers is now enough to easily handle 100 stories. And the speed of the Internet may be as fast as a ticking story. If they did, then MT4 would be the best and unattainable platform. Without it, both platforms are yesterday's day, with all the programming capabilities. So what's worth adding just 4 dubs to the hst files and that's it, and a little reworking of the tester, under the asc-bid history. It's almost nothing. But it would immediately make the platform both modern and competitive highly capable. All the rest, on which huge sums of money have been spent, efforts of programmers, various marketplaces and other things - all this is not necessary for practical traders, and what I have written is very necessary. If the new version of MT4 would have solved this problem, I would be very grateful to you.

Ask history is done on the broker side in five minutes, with an extra set of tools. Rub it in with your broker.

Why in MT5 there is no possibility to keep several positions open for one instrument like in MT4? If they added such an option, most of the traders using MT4 would switch to MT5, including me :)

FAQ:
Ask history is done on the broker side in five minutes, with an additional set of tools. Get in touch with your broker.

The fact that, for example, FHOpen and RVD give an ascetic story, as additional symbols, is very good. But you can't put them in a tester, and it's hard to work with them fully in many cases. In any case, I have to make a separate script for each Expert Advisor and I can't imagine running tests without ascent history. The difference between the average spread tests and tests on asc-bid history is huge and the Expert Advisor settings are significantly different. Using an average spread, we can simply make a rough estimate. But we have to correct it according to scripts for the real account. It would be much more convenient to do it directly in the tester for the expert intended for real trading. All my friends, some of whom sometimes make 400-1000% during a month, deal with this problem. I do not know if they trade and earn something.

ANG3110:

The fact that, for example, FHOpen and RVD give an ascetic story, as additional symbols, is very good. But you can't put them in a tester, and it's hard to work with them fully in many cases. In any case, I have to make a separate script for each Expert Advisor and I can't imagine running tests without ascent history. The difference between the average spread tests and tests on asc-bid history is huge and the Expert Advisor settings are significantly different. Using an average spread, we can simply make a rough estimate. But we have to correct it according to scripts for the real account. It would be much more convenient to do it directly in the tester for the expert intended for real trading. All my friends, some of whom sometimes make 400-1000% during a month, deal with this problem. And those who ignore this question I doubt they are even trading and earning something.

It takes exactly 1 line of code for an EA to request a value from an asc symbol, there is no difference for the tester.

FAQ:

asking an EA for a value from an asc symbol takes exactly 1 line of code, there is no difference for the tester.
"Normal heroes always go the other way round" (c)

Mischek2:
"Normal heroes always go the other way round" (s)

I understand that this is a crutch... But changing the format of quotes is even more insane. in the current situation, you can ask to add a command to change spread programmatically in the tester. in this case, you can take data from asc symbols and on the fly program the spread to get what you want with less blood. And this scenario is quite realisable.

ANG3110:

Dear developers!

As a hands-on trader I will tell you what is most lacking in both platforms and why they are both not really professional. It's the ask history and the ability to test with asks and bids. That's the most important thing you need in a platform at all.

I might be wrong, but if memory serves me correctly MT5 stores spread sizes in history. Having a bid and a spread size, is it impossible to calculate the Ask value?
FAQ:

it takes exactly 1 line of code for an EA to request a value from an asc symbol, there is no difference for a tester.
And since when in MT4 is it possible to request the history or prices by other symbols?