Does not create ex4 file - page 3

Not "developers", but the owners of the trading platform, who have granted a non-exclusive right of use under the terms of a licence agreement. I recommend that you keep this in mind.

Renat:
Not "developers", but the trading platform owners who have given a non-exclusive right of use under the terms of the licence agreement. I recommend keeping that in mind.

I agree, wrong - not the developers, but the owners. But that doesn't give the meta-quotes the right to peer review.

The EULA has been read - it talks about the rights and obligations of the parties, not that the owners of the trading platform are given any special powers. If I'm wrong, what is it about?

Wrong, as you practically ignore the notion of owner.

In addition, the " Trading terminal end-user licence agreement" explicitly states the terms of use. Here are some of the clauses:

2. LICENSE AND LIMITATIONS

2.3 No Modifications. You agree not to undertake or authorize any modifications of MetaQuotes Software, its translation into other languages, creation of similar products, decompiling, reverse assembling, violation of Software protection system, as well as creation of other software products based on MetaQuotes Software.

2.5 Exclusive Ownership Right. You acknowledge and agree that any intellectual property rights that are related to MetaQuotes Software, MetaQuotes Website, MetaQuotes Online Materials and MetaQuotes Advertising Materials are and shall remain the sole property of MetaQuotes and/or its licensors. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as granting you any such intellectual property rights.

You are granted only a limited right to use the Intellectual Property Rights stipulated in this Agreement. You agree not to take any actions that may expose or result in the infringement or limitation of Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge and agree that any unauthorized use of Intellectual Property Rights is a breach of this Agreement as well as a violation of intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark laws.

All title and Intellectual Property Rights in respect of the content owned by third parties, which is not contained in MetaQuotes Software, but may be accessed through the use of MetaQuotes Software, belong to the owners of such content and may be protected by applicable copyright and other Intellectual Property laws.

2.7 Terms of Use of MQL4 IDE.

You can use MQL4 IDE on the following terms:

2.7.1 License

2.7.1.1 Subject to your compliance with these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use, MetaQuotes Software Corp. grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable and non-assignable right to use MQL4 IDE for the Authorized Purpose.

2.7.1.2 This license does not grant you the right to upgrade or update the version and does not guarantee continued access to the MQL4 IDE or MetaQuotes Software. MetaQuotes may revise, change, discontinue providing, requiring you to immediately cease using MQL4 IDE, MetaQuotes Software, its functionalities or any part thereof, which may result, from time to time and without prior notice, in loss of compatibility, denial of access to the functionalities of MetaQuotes Software or MetaQuotes network, system, MetaQuotes Website, servers, tools, information and databases, termination of business activities.

2.7.2. for the purpose of these Terms of Use of MQL4 IDE, "Permitted purpose" means the development of executable code for the purpose of use solely with MetaQuotes Software. MetaQuotes reserves the right to terminate these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use at its sole discretion, if you violate this obligation.

2.7.3. your right to use MQL4 IDE by virtue of paragraph 2.7.1. above also implies the following conditions:

2.7.3.1. your software application shall not in any way and in no way directly or indirectly affect the functionality or performance of MetaQuotes Software, products or services.

2.7.3.2 You shall not remove, conceal, modify, disassemble, decompile, reverse assemble, or otherwise tamper with the security system of the executable code of MQL4 IDE or modify the MQL4 IDE user interface without MetaQuotes prior written consent. You also undertake to always comply with the requirements and specifications regarding the design, usage and presentation of the application.

2.7.3.3. other than with the express written consent of MetaQuotes, you agree not to distribute the software application online via website(s), which MetaQuotes considers to be in any way similar to the MetaQuotes Website, infringes the intellectual property rights of the MetaQuotes Website or uses MetaQuotes trademarks or words describing MetaQuotes products or services, as the registered URLs for that website or those websites.

2.7.3.4. You undertake to maintain, to the best of your ability, the authority and reputation of MetaQuotes Software, MQL4 IDE, the MetaQuotes brand and the MetaQuotes name at all times.

2.7.3.5 You shall not use the MQL4 IDE in any software application that MetaQuotes considers to be actually or potentially illegal, incorrect or contrary to the terms of the End User License Agreement or any Additional Terms.

2.7.3.6 You represent that the services or products provided by Your software application are provided in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, those protecting privacy, confidentiality of processing personal data and traffic data).

2.7.3.7 You agree not to use the MQL4 IDE to create a software application or hardware device that provides any third party with commercially sensitive information or any other type of data that is prohibited by applicable law.

2.7.3.8 You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that MetaQuotes shall not be liable to you or any third party for) the services and/or products provided by you through your software application.

2.7.4. In particular, You acknowledge that Your rights to use the MQL4 IDE are strictly dependent upon Your compliance with these Terms; any breach of these Terms or the corresponding Additional Terms will result in MetaQuotes' automatic cancellation of the agreement.

2.7.5. These MetaQuotes Application Programming Interface Terms of Use do not grant you any rights to use the MetaQuotes Advertising Materials, including, without limitation, the MetaQuotes trademarks and logos.

2.7.6. You agree to monitor the MetaQuotes website on an ongoing basis, in order to make sure that you are aware of any changes in the MQL4 IDE Terms of Use, the End User License Agreement, and other relevant Additional Terms. If you do not agree with any changes in the relevant regulations, you agree to immediately stop using the MQL4 IDE and, if necessary, the MetaQuotes Software.

2.7.7. You represent and warrant that you have all the authority necessary to accept and comply with these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use.

2.7.8. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the MQL4 IDE is at your own risk and expense. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold MetaQuotes, its Affiliates and Personnel harmless from and against any liabilities and costs (including reasonable legal fees) incurred by those parties arising out of or in connection with: (a) your use of the MQL4 IDE, (b) any breach of the terms and conditions contained in these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use, and (c) your provision of any software application developed by you while using the MQL4 IDE.

2.7.9 MetaQuotes reserves the right to change these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use at any time, either on a general or individual basis, by posting the revised MQL4 IDE Terms of Use on the MetaQuotes Website, or by otherwise notifying you of the changes to the MQL4 IDE Terms of Use. You shall give a notice of any changes to the MQL4 IDE Terms of Use, which would entitle MetaQuotes to charge a license fee, three (3) months in advance. Your continued use of MQL4 IDE constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth in the revised MQL4 IDE Terms of Use.

2.7.10. If you wish to use MQL4 IDE in any manner other than that explicitly stated in these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use, such use is expressly prohibited, unless MetaQuotes has granted you a corresponding license.

2.7.11. Intellectual Property Rights

2.7.11.1 If you use the MQL4 IDE for a Permitted Purpose, you retain all intellectual property rights you may have regarding your software application.

2.7.11.2 As far as the agreement between you and MetaQuotes is concerned, MetaQuotes and its licensors reserve all intellectual property rights that apply to MetaQuotes Software (including MQL4 IDE) and any derivative works created by or for MetaQuotes or its licensors.

2.7.11.4 If you are an employee or director of a company, and you use the MQL4 IDE on behalf of your company ("Company"), you acknowledge and agree to the following (i) by accepting these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use and using MQL4 IDE, you acknowledge that you are doing so on behalf of and by the express permission of the Company, based on your and Company's compliance with these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use with respect to your and Company's use of MQL4 IDE; (ii) the license provided by MetaQuotes to use MQL4 IDE assumes that you have obtained all necessary consent, permission and authority from Company to act officially on behalf of Company in accordance with these MQL4 IDE Terms of Use. You represent and warrant that you have obtained such consent, permission and authority to use the MQL4 IDE interface on behalf of the Company. If you do not have such authorization, you are not entitled to use MQL4 IDE.

2.10 Updates and new versions of MetaQuotes Software. MetaQuotes reserves the right to add new functional features, software enhancements, improvements and updates to the MetaQuotes Software at its own discretion. You acknowledge and agree that MetaQuotes is under no obligation to provide you with new versions of MetaQuotes Software.

From time to time MetaQuotes Software may automatically download and install updates for MetaQuotes Software. Such updates are necessary to maintain software compatibility, maintain security or bug fixes, or provide new features, functionality, or versions. You agree to receive such updates from MetaQuotes for the continued use of MetaQuotes Software. You also agree that in case you download, install and use a new version of MetaQuotes Software, you may be required to enter into a modified Agreement.

Renat, you are right of course, it was your development.

You can see that people complain and do not like the addendum.

You see, people complain and don't like the addendum. You can't protect the originals completely, any programmer can do it.

They just need time, but they all use different experts and the code may overlap (including the author's code), what's wrong with that?

That's the answer I was expecting - instead of a specific answer, references to "read it yourself". But I don't mind in principle. It is not a matter of principle for me. It's just that metaquotes by doing this create an additional segment of the illegal market for their products - decompilation and smoothing out the decompiled source code to compilable one. Is it necessary? Then it is necessary.

OmegaTube:

The issue is to work for the benefit of people, not to throw a spoke in the wheel.

this addendum.

I agree. I have all large projects stopped compiling. (If more than a dozen files).

In a large project, apparently, the algorithm always finds something to latch on to.

Especially, I only use camel notation for variables outside the loop, and in loops

with underscores - it's faster to read.

Now I'm about to miss the deadline. Should I sue MetaQouts?

All in all, it's good that they're doing copyright protection, but as it is now, it's exceptionally crude.

It looks like all the code I wrote was wasted.

How do I work now? You have to compile every new line: haven't they banned me yet?

And then they change the algorithm - and start all over again!

Eugene1:

I agree. I've had all large projects stop compiling. (If more than a dozen files).

In a large project, apparently, the algorithm always finds something to latch on to.

Especially since I only use camel notation for variables outside the loop, and in loops

with underscores - it's faster to read.

Now I'm about to miss the deadline. Should I sue MetaQouts?

All in all, it's good that they're doing copyright protection, but as it is now, it's exceptionally crude.

It looks like all the code I wrote was wasted.

How do I work now? You have to compile every new line: haven't they banned me yet?

And then they change the algorithm - and start all over again!

Please give me proof that the code you've created doesn't compile.

Send any source code that you can spare here or to me in a private message.

Renat:

Would you please provide evidence that the code you created does not compile.

Send here or in my personal message any source that you don't feel sorry for.

Yes, that would be the most logical action on my part if it wasn't about MQL4.

Here, unfortunately, it's not that simple:

1) Should I ask my client for permission to publish the work I made for him? - He'll tear my head off.

2) Short snippets of code are indeed compiled so far, and only prospective developments have become big - I feel sorry for them,

and you have to spend time putting files in folders for the compiler to find them.

So, in the end I'll use old build to compile, and no code will be provided.

Unless I intentionally write some crap so that it doesn't work and send it back to you for pre-processing...

But then again, that's a waste of time.

===================================================

I might be able to find a sample, though.

Eugene1:

Yes, that would be the most logical action on my part if it wasn't about MQL4.

I might be able to find a sample, though.

I can help - you just made up the idea that projects don't decompile:

I've had all large projects stop compiling. (If more than a dozen files)

It seems it is useless to discuss, prove something and lay out code examples,

It seems that just creating a new topic and the discontent of people in general is not enough. Make a poll on the forum, vote

You'll see how many people will vote for the "innovation".

The "Spread" parameter finally appeared in the 509 build, which could have been added long ago and is a really useful and necessary innovation.