Does not create ex4 file - page 6

Renat:

When you ask a question on a technical subject, you cannot operate on the terms "something, sometime, somehow". You need details, which in this case means the source. It can be sent via private messages.

You want a clear answer, don't you? The answer in general terms has only been said several times in this thread.

The problem has been detected. MetaEditor writes user files in the system folder in Program Files. Windows 8 (in my case) emulates a multi-user environment for programs written without separating system and user files using the VirtualStore service, i.e. files of experts, history, logs and other folders are actually located not in folder with installed MetaTrader, but in folder <disk>:\Users\<user name>AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader installation folder>.

In order to disable VirtualStore use, change "EnableLUA" parameter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System in the registry to 0 and reboot the computer. After that all file changes and compiled modules will be placed in MetaTrader installation folder.

We would like to ask developers: Please, if you have such an opportunity, make an explicit location of folders history, experts, and Sounds. This will help to avoid the question that I asked at the beginning of the branch "Why doesn't the EA compile?" It does compile, but it is placed in a wrong place where you expect it to be.

I apologize for not getting to the bottom of the problem first and taking up your time.

grig4096:

Problem detected. MetaEditor writes user files in the system folder in Program Files. Windows 8 (in my case) emulates a multi-user environment for programs written without separating system and user files using VirtualStore service, i.e. files of experts, history, logs and other folders are actually located not in folder with installed MetaTrader, but in folder <disk>:\Users\<user name>AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader installation folder>.

In order to disable VirtualStore use, change "EnableLUA" parameter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System in the registry to 0 and reboot the computer. After that all file changes and compiled modules will be placed in MetaTrader installation folder.

We would like to ask developers: Please, if you have such an opportunity, make an explicit location of folders history, experts, and Sounds. This will help to avoid the question that I have asked at the beginning of this thread "Why doesn't the EA compile?" It compiles, but it is placed in a different place than you expect.

I apologize for not getting to the bottom of the problem first and taking up your time.

did you try to set terminal with mt4setup.exe /64 key ? (I'm just wondering where the compile will go too. this address .../Program Files (x86) is installing the 32 bit version... ) do you have 64 bit 8?

grig4096:

Problem detected. MetaEditor writes user files in the system folder in Program Files. Windows 8 (in my case) emulates a multi-user environment for programs written without considering the separation of system and user files using VirtualStore service, i.e. files of experts, history, logs and other folders are actually located not in folder with installed MetaTrader, but in folder <disk>:\Users\<user name>AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader installation folder>.

In order to disable VirtualStore use it is necessary to change "EnableLUA" parameter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System in the registry and reboot the computer. After that all file changes and compiled modules will be placed in MetaTrader installation folder.

We would like to ask developers: Please, if you have such an opportunity, make an explicit location of folders history, experts, and Sounds. This will help to avoid the question that I have asked at the beginning of this thread "Why doesn't the EA compile?" It compiles, but it is placed in a different place than you expect.

The easiest way to avoid these and similar problems is to put terminals not on the system drive!!!

Alternatively, you can put it in a separate folder at the root of the system. And check the permissions on this folder.

ruslanchik:

Did you try to set terminal with key mt4setup.exe /64? (I'm just wondering where to compile to. this address .../Program Files (x86) is installing the 32 bit version... ) do you have 64 bit 8. ?

I have win 8 64 bit. Trying to install with /64 does not change the installation process. As well as any other parameters. I think mt4setup doesn't handle command line parameters at all, at least it doesn't seem to react to them. I've tried to search parameters description in terminal's help and on forum - the result is negative.

TarasBY:
The easiest way to avoid these and similar problems is to put the terminals not on the system disk!!!

Thanks for the advice. You gradually come to this solution due to the fact that there are usually several terminals installed on the same computer, either from different brokers or from the same broker.

Hello all!

Here is the question: When I push the compile button in MetaEditor, I get the message "using of decompiled source code is prohibited".

What could be the problem if I don't even change anything?!!!!

Terminal version and metaeditor 509.

The terminal is installed on a flash drive.

Compiling gives an error "using of decompiled source code is prohibited".

My system is Windows 7.

The compilation works fine on the first version of the EA.

Help with tips......

a decompiled piece of code in the code.

It's clearly a decompiled piece of code.what can you do?

crik:
It's clearly a decompiled piece of code.what can you do?

not steal a decompiled piece of code - write your own code.