Demonstration trading from Dr.F. - page 4

Mislaid:
You have to learn to count the value of the basket being traded at any given time, e.g. in the currency of the deposit. The change in value of the basket is your profit/loss, excluding spreads. Yes, also, you don't need differentials for this.

You want to count small changes in values. That's what differentials are.

Dr.F.:

You want to count small changes in values. Those are the differentials.

You misunderstand, once again: the value of the basket can be (reasonably correctly) calculated at any point in time.

If we sold GBPCAD three months ago, what, we can't calculate a profit without differentials?

Mislaid:

If we sold GBPCAD three months ago, what, we can't calculate a profit without differentials?

Of course not. We can't do it without them.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Doctor, you're taking the zero point again. The question is - why?!

Of course, I agree with Sergeev that I shouldn't give a shit, but I can't look at such an outrage under the sauce of "mathematics".

Once again: author, you have a gross error in logic (your logic is reflected in the picture below)! And no amount of knowledge of mathematics will fix it. Understand already!!!

Heroix:

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Doctor, you're taking the zero point again. The question is - why?!

Of course, I agree with Sergeev that I shouldn't give a shit, but I can't look at such an outrage under the sauce of "mathematics".

Once again: author, you have a gross error in logic! And no amount of knowledge of mathematics is going to fix it. Understand already!!!

Don't make it too hard. This is already a success. Brilliant, staggering, and you're just jealous.

Mischek2:
Don't condense it. This is already a success. Brilliant, staggering, and you're just jealous.

Stop trolling, it's not funny.

Heroix:

Stop trolling, it's not funny.
Stop stirring to watch a showcase trade based on a basket of differentials

I recommend everyone to sell GBPJPY, TP=SL=50 pips. It is now 21:00 Moscow time.

Dr.F. What do you mean by R2 here? Equity on cross (sell EURGBP). If so, what is this strange formula? Why not just calculate it like this

GaryKa:

Dr.F. What do you mean by R2 here? Equity on cross (sell EURGBP). If so, what is this strange formula? Why not just calculate it like this

That's how it's calculated. It's just that since in a "triangle" only two relationships can be considered as independent variables, I usually feed them to my algorithms in Matkadec and calculate the third one. In this particular case of EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURGBP triangle, I usually take EURUSD and GBPUSD as inputs and calculate EURGBP from them, not from Metatrader.

Some time ago I saw the following feature on mql4 site: mt is designed in such a way that if there was not a single tick within time interval then it won't form a bar. It means if there were no ticks in 1 minute time interval, it means the bar will be missed. Of course it is less probable in the timeframe M5, but it can be different: the different time of the quotes stopping at the end of the week. For one or two bars. Or something else. So, if we take EURGBP from mt file, it may be unsynchronized with EURUSD and GBPUSD on the time axis. And on the price axis, because of the presence of noise within the spread, and even if it wasn't there, because of rounding errors to 5 decimal places. So I prefer to take two charts in a triangle and calculate the third one in Matkadec, so that the triangle is closed for analysis EXACTLY.