Absolute courses - page 86

Dr.F.:

Does it scare you? If you open it accidentally or incorrectly, yes. Actually, it'll be OK.

I'll remember. My advisor is just being quiet, afraid:) I saved your post.

And 3 hundred I reclaimed towards the start-up deposit.

I'm coming to the conclusion that making a TP with a constant TP, and even equal to SL, and with inadequate values will not lead to anything. The question is, why complicate things?

If we want to hold a position for several hours (on M5, no more, imho), the volatility over this period does not allow us to operate with values of 50 points. We need to calculate volatility and set reasonable targets (stops).

Dima.A.:

I'm coming to the conclusion that making a TP with a constant TP, and even equal to SL, and with inadequate values will not lead to anything. The question is, why complicate it?

If we want to hold a position for several hours (on M5, no more, imho), the volatility over this period does not allow us to operate with values of 50 points. We need to calculate volatility and set reasonable targets (stops).

Finally a more coherent explanation.

grell:

I'll remember that. My councillor is just being silent, afraid:) I saved your post.

Remember :-))) I will comment on it later. And I will remember that your EA is "afraid" to trade at the best moments.

Dima.A.:

I'm coming to the conclusion that making a TP with a constant TP, and even equal to SL, and with inadequate values will not lead to anything. The question is, why complicate things?

Separate (optimized for each currency pair) determination of TP=SL, and in addition dynamic - based on the volatility of the pair over the past couple of days - is a reasonable proposal. Yes, it can significantly improve matters. BUT. If there is a predictive grain in the heart of the algorithm, the profit will be as it is now. If not - excuse me, why cheat yourself with "optimizations"? So optimization is a good thing, but it does not determine anything, and even on the contrary, it is misleading. It is possible, perhaps even desirable (not a fact), but not necessary.

Dr.F.:

Separate (optimised for each currency pair) determination of TP=SL, and in addition dynamic - based on the volatility of the pair over the last couple of days - is a reasonable suggestion. Yes, it can significantly improve matters. BUT. If there is a predictive grain in the heart of the algorithm, the profit will be as it is now. If not - excuse me, why cheat yourself with "optimizations"? So optimization is a good thing, but it does not determine anything, and even on the contrary, it is misleading. You may think hard about it, it may even be desirable (not a fact), but it doesn't have to be.

Predictive grain can give a prediction of 15 pips, and then the market returns to equilibrium. Let's run your grain ))

And lately I've been against separate optimisation for each currency. It is easier to bind to a certain function to provide stability for any instrument

Dima.A.:

Predictive grain can give a prediction of 15 pips and then the market returns to equilibrium. Let's run your grain ))

And lately I've been against separate optimisation for each currency. It is easier to tie it to a function to provide stability for any instrument

You're missing the point. The grain is either there or not. If it predicts by 15 pips, from the analysis of M5, analyze M30 and you will be happy. The question is its presence. Its value ("power" of the forecast) is determined not only (and not so much!) by the algorithm of the forecast, but also by that (and even a big part) of what you feed it. "Power" is not a problem to increase in this way. I find that my "power" is quite sufficient for firing 50 pips.

Dr.F.:

You are missing the point. The grain is either there or it is not. If it gives a prediction of 15 pips, from the analysis of M5, analyse M30, and you will be happy. The question is its presence. Its value ("power" of the forecast) is determined not only (and not so much!) by the algorithm of the forecast, but also by that (and even a big part) of what you feed it. "Power" is not a problem to increase in this way. I find that my "power" is quite sufficient for firing 50 pips.

I, watching the trade, just wasn't confident in the "power" of the forecast, although initially, after entering the position, the trend was tracking well.

Dima.A.:

... although initially, after entering the position, the trend was good.
It's still tracking well now. What is happening with the rates now is a powerful fluctuation against the background of an understandable trend.