Humour - page 140

tara:
Why would it do that?
If it's powered by DC, but there's probably 220 volts going to the transformer first, it will burn out.

tara:

What's the big deal?

Try it on your old tape recorder. Something tells me I'm right :) ;)

DmitriyN:
If powered by DC, but there's probably 220 volts going to the transformer first, it will burn out.

220 volts AC...

diode bridge (simple rectifier of 4 diodes)

Not a single reason for anything to burn out. Only devices like an iron will work.

tara:

220 volt AC...
diode bridge (simple rectifier of 4 diodes)
Not a single reason for anything to burn out. Only devices like an iron will work.

The mains transformer will burn out at DC. The bridge will give 198 volts DC. The resistance of the transformer winding to DC is lower and the current through it will be correspondingly higher.

Correct, the primary winding of the transformer is designed for alternating current. Feeding DC current will result in... The reverse component of the sine wave will be cut off at the transformer secondary as well. The current will, say, only consist of the upper parabolas of the sine wave. As a result, this will cause the capacitors in the circuit to break down and send the wrong signal to where it shouldn't be going. The technique will fail.

tara:

Only devices like an iron will work.

Quiet in the flat is ensured :)))))))

Neighbour's nervous - the phone doesn't work :)))))))

DmitriyN:
The mains transformer will burn out at DC. The bridge will give 198 volts DC. The resistance of the transformer winding to DC is lower and the current through it will be correspondingly higher.

Almost right, no-load operation for the transformer is overloading. Only the standard "safety margin" is 1.5.

D226B will do :)))

Dima, since when is the voltage at the output of a diode bridge constant? I think it just becomes one digit:)

drknn:
D226B will do :)))

Vladimir, I'm quite ancient, and my grandfather is a radio operator: taught - 6P3C :)