Why valenok2003 is against MT5 - page 7

VladislavVG:
You see, this is how the market works and it doesn't care how orders are counted/reported in your platform - the trader's internal efforts are not even visible. That is, the lots are not visible beyond MT4. So, IMHO, it makes sense to immediately work according to the rules by which the market works. Of course, if you want to start earning sooner or later ;). At least get used to look at the real situation right away, and not indulge in self-deception.
I'm not bothered by the fact that everything merges into one pose. I just need to have a few sub-positions. I think that the OCO orders will enable me to do that. But MT5 doesn't have that unfortunately.

jelizavettka: .... Was the 4 at first as sceptical as the 5 when it appeared?

The same, the same. In spite of the fact that the four was faster than MQLII and that they switched to a C-like language instead of Pascal-like. Somewhere there are even codes in MQLII, I think.

jelizavettka: But any locking algorithm can be converted to netting - the result will be the same, even better... because of no losses on extra spread...

VladisvalVG: Well, what about the feeling of "joining the market"? In MT4 you're sitting "on the fence", but the feeling of being in business and "getting some profit from the balls", although you pay extra spread.

That's wrong, the spread costs are the same - in the long run. I've posted pictures, just can't remember where:

In general, it is amazing how much netting clears the mind. First you do something "ingenious" like arbitrage on one pair (!), and then you look at the netting equivalent and see that it is worthless.

Netting isn't better or worse, it's just a different accounting system. But I did see one significant argument in favour of lots - that is when you have to manage positions from different systems.

Silent:

Entry at close of day, TP - high low of current day

3340 buy TP 3364

3340 sell TP 3309

Working out like this:

3364 buy closed, another sell open +24

3309 2 sells closed, buy opened +55

3316 buy sells closed +7

You are trading from right to left ?????????? And what brokerage house gives you this opportunity ????? Otherwise it is simply impossible to know the high/low of the current day ;).

You didn't specify the size of the positions and the total profit / loss on closing the positions.

VladislavVG:

You trade from right to left ?????????? And what kind of DC gives you this opportunity ????? Otherwise the high/low of the current day is simply impossible to know ;).

You didn't specify the position sizes and the total profit/(loss) for closing positions.

Look at the picture, the high low of the current day is marked there, and the first icons at the close of the day - entry.

Size is not the point, the same lots, total TP 24+55+7=86.

Integer:
The only useful case of goto is escaping from nested loops, but this is solved by putting them into a function and exiting via return. The problem of the time spent on the function call is solved by the inline function. If you can structure your code with functions, you really don't need goto at all, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't think of a case where you would need it.

What if you don't need to exit by return? If you need any calculations after the nested loops?

I have a clear choice between goto and some other function for exiting nested loops. Sure, goto! It makes code simple and fast.

There is another way of looking at it. You may say, " If you can structure your code with functions, you really don't need goto at all, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't think of a case where you may need it". Me too, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't think of a case where I'd need extra function with just one fast goto operator.

Dimiry, you forgot about getting out of different consecutive conditions at one or more points in the code. Goto is the best and simplest solution. Instead of a vegetable garden of dozens of {} blocks (and with repetition. of code already written), just a few goto, without {}.

220Volt:
It doesn't bother me that everything is merged into one pose. It's just that I need to have multiple subpositions. I think OCO orders would allow me to do that. But MT5 doesn't have that unfortunately.
OCOs won't help, it's a chip just for orders, not positions.

Zhunko: Demiry, you forgot about getting out of different consecutive conditions at one or several code points. goto is the best and simplest solution. Instead of a vegetable garden of several dozens {}-blocks (with repetition. of already written code), just a few goto, without {}.

I think I'll second that. Isn't that how Wirth turned on him? That's just the fashion.

There may well be code with goto which is laconic and even more readable than code without it. But it seems to be absolutely undemocratic to forbid its usage.

Mathemat:

That's wrong, the spread costs are the same - in the long run.

Yes most likely... because the number of trades in the end is the same in both cases.... But the depo is loaded with extra margin, especially when the trader is in no hurry to "open" these lots and accumulates them.

But the only significant argument in favor of losing lots - is when you need to manage positions in different systems.

This is true... in order to trade with a pack of EAs on one chart, you need a lot of effort to make them snapping.

Silent:
CCAs will not help, it is a chip specifically for orders, not positions.

They will help, I would apply them to orders instead of SL and TP subpositions. You may use them if you have an MetaTrader 4, but you don't need them in MT4, they are essential in 5 because I have a negative view of it.

Silent:

Look at the picture though, the lines there mark the high low of the current day, and the first icons at the close of the day - entry.

Size is not the point, same lots, total TP 24+55+7=86.

Once again, I got it right using lots:

1. open BUY 1 lot + SELL 1 lot at 1.3340

2. Close BUY 1 at 1.3364 and open SELL 1 at 1.3364

3. At 1.3309 we close 2 SELL and open 1 BUY

4. We close BUY 1 at 1.3316