MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 53

Reshetov:

It is you who are bullshitting, and I have made the case for the uselessness of the teak story that the bullshiters have been asking about.

aha, in dc EURUSD and GBPUSD vs EURGBP - did you arbitrage? :)

Open your eyes. The market has evolved and will continue to evolve towards the elimination of any inefficiencies. It is a natural process. You need to think about it now; tomorrow it will be too late. You have to choose trading techniques that will work tomorrow and a year from now. OK, now HFT works, but what will happen tomorrow? MQ understands that there is no point in providing technical features associated with huge overheads because of a dozen traders demanding the ability to work with a fake tick history.

If you don't like, without exaggeration, MQ's excellent trading terminals, move on to the ones that do. Apparently MQ doesn't care about that at all, as it's a minuscule fraction of traders who don't think about tomorrow.

MQ is a real industry leader and understands well its own and competitors weaknesses and strengths. Innovative technology, excellent technical support, forums with top class programmers and traders, or unknown developers who can't provide tech support? - There is always a choice.

Why bother repeating the same thing over and over again?

Is option trading not enough? - You have been told that we will. What else do you need? What is missing? You need to ask the right questions with arguments in the form of test examples in the codes, and the wishes will be implemented in the next builds. Show me a platform that reacts so vividly to the wishes of users! It's perfectly understandable and fair that shortsighted requests that bring features the vast majority of users don't need are ignored. But ignored, to be fair I must stress, with an explanation of why.

Reshetov:

I have traded and will continue to trade...

Yes!

All the hucksters around...

api: is a torrent. You can easily solve this part of the problem by using similar information dissemination algorithms.

Great idea, by the way.

And another +1 to the wishlist for a custom story.

joo:

A distraction from the chattering trade is sometimes useful... (to myself).

Briefly: you are completely out of touch.

Mathemat:

Great idea, by the way.

And another +1 to the wish list of custom history.

Massive free tick history is utopian for a myriad of reasons. And traffic issues are secondary.

There is always the question of the adequacy of tick history and how to collect it (see at least the "Taking data collection seriously" point here).

hrenfx:

Briefly: you are completely off-topic.

What topic am I "off-topic" about?

there are such things - common sense and logic. these two things allow the brain to extrapolate any tendencies of processes in the world external to the individual, these are the things that condition the remarkable survivability of the human species and adaptability to environmental conditions. i do not know the subtleties of what common sense does not require, as it requires additional useless expenditure of energy by the body.

joo:

Open your eyes...

+1

So many people think so(and there are an order of magnitude more of them), but don't get involved in this useless conversation.

joo:

What topic am I "off-topic" about?

there are such things - common sense and logic. these two things allow the brain to extrapolate any trends of processes in the world external to the individual, these are the things that condition the remarkable survivability of the human species and adaptability to environmental conditions. i do not know the subtleties of what common sense does not require, as it requires additional useless energy expenditure by the body.

But my logic and common sense tell me that your numerous topics with neuronets are trading-onanism)) But I'm not telling you what to do and what not to do ;)

joo:

what topic am I "off topic" in?

Here are the easiest reposts on the topic:

hrenfx:
You apparently don't understand that we are talking about a completely artificial restriction on the part of the developers. Here is a simple example of how such restrictions are removed through hacking on an MT4 tester. So why these artificial restrictions? Afraid for the reputation of the tester reports? So nothing prevents to write in red letters that the testing was on custom history and we are not responsible for the result.
hrenfx:
So there is no possibility even to use personally collected ticks from the same server instead of simulated ones to adequately test the whole class of trading strategies. What to say about adding another tick history filtered by a user from short-term spikes etc. To get close to real results in the tester, taking into account regressions, liquidity, etc.